User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Surely MBTI is a superstition that underpins bourgeois individualism. After all MBTI has been used by the Military/Industrial Complex of the USA for seventy years without once doing a double blind test to check for validity or reliability.

Good heavens, MBTI feeds narcissism. MBTI feeds bourgeois individualism at its narcissistic core.
    That is also a fair point. I was only being facetious.

Still, at the end of the day it depends how it's used. I can see how it could be used constructively, and I've used it constructively in my life to better understand other people. Any theory can feed narcissism if used by a narcissist - doesn't make the theory the problem.

I would see your point if MBTI were determinstic/reductionist, but it does not need to be.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Victor is only describing the beginning of our MBTI Initiation. He's probably trying to sugarcoat it, but it gets more serious.

Phase 2:

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Victor is only describing the beginning of our MBTI Initiation. He's probably trying to sugarcoat it, but it gets more serious.

Phase 2:

You're going to pull the big red log out of my stomach?? You bastards! Why would you do that??

You seem to understand the situation. Except perhaps if we see the situation in terms of dialogue.

A dialogue requires two partners. They may agree or they may disagree, but they must keep talking for a dialogue to take place.

It is exactly like the telephone. If no one speaks, it doesn't work. If only one person speaks it doesn't work. It takes two people to speak in turn for the telephone to work. And it is exactly the same here.

So what motivates a person to speak? To discover meaning motivates a person to speak, for the meaning of any communication is its response.

So the search for meaning motivates a dialogue.

As you have noticed I am different. I have a dialogue going on inside me and all I do is write some of it down.

This can be very annoying as it appears I am not taking place in the dialogue here. So I am called a troll. And as you say, I have failed to negate MBTI.
    Hey look, Introverted Perception!

Surely MBTI is a superstition that underpins bourgeois individualism. After all MBTI has been used by the Military/Industrial Complex of the USA for seventy years without once doing a double blind test to check for validity or reliability.

Good heavens, MBTI feeds narcissism. MBTI feeds bourgeois individualism at its narcissistic core.
    Hey look, Tertiary Fi!

For the love of god, you could not be more INTJ. This is fun! Keep posting, please!
    Hello

I, for one, am just bored and this is an interesting/helpful subject for the time being. "Electric tribes"? For fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I, for one, am just bored and this is an interesting/helpful subject for the time being. "Electric tribes"? For fuck's sake.
    Unfortunately the bored are boring. Why not discover etribes by reading, "Understanding Media", by the patron saint of the internet, Marshall McLuhan.

And please save swearing for your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Hey look, Introverted Perception!

Hey look, Tertiary Fi!

For the love of god, you could not be more INTJ. This is fun! Keep posting, please!
    I would guess your initiation has been a success. And now you are in the loop.

You are now in the MBTI loop and can't think outside the hypnotic jargon.

So MBTI has rendered you helpless, and your only recourse is get others to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

Phase 2:

I am surprised you would find a new idea like, "The Initiation Ceremony", so threatening.

It's true the hypnotic loop of MBTI does insulate us against new ideas.

But I am surprised at your instant defensiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    You're going to pull the big red log out of my stomach?? You bastards! Why would you do that??
    And you ward off the threat of a new idea with cheap humour - a classical, psychological defence.

The Great Psychoanalysis-Off!

Who will prevail by being the one that's right?? :O
    Hello