First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How do I know I'm using tertiary Te and not just Fi? Because if I'm expressing Te I come across as controlling, impersonal, insensitive, and overly focused on efficiency. If I were using Fi, but simply in a negative sense, it would be more clear that I had some more personal, emotional issue that I was being bitchy about. I think that Te comes through Fi more readily for ENFPs than for INFPs, which is why INFPs keep their emo inside, or express it through whining, whereas an ENFP is more likely to actually get angry or at least confrontational.

Also, ENFPs with less developed tertiary Te probably come across as more "air-headed" than those who do (Ne/Fi is pretty scattered and not exactly practical). This may have something to do with age and maturity, or just individual personality development.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    How do I know I'm using tertiary Te and not just Fi? Because if I'm expressing Te I come across as controlling, impersonal, insensitive, and overly focused on efficiency. If I were using Fi, but simply in a negative sense, it would be more clear that I had some more personal, emotional issue that I was being bitchy about. I think that Te comes through Fi more readily for ENFPs than for INFPs, which is why INFPs keep their emo inside, or express it through whining, whereas an ENFP is more likely to actually get angry or at least confrontational.

Also, ENFPs with less developed tertiary Te probably come across as more "air-headed" than those who do (Ne/Fi is pretty scattered and not exactly practical). This may have something to do with age and maturity, or just individual personality development.
    You hit Te when you lose your openness which is confrontational. I see Fi in ENFPs when they are openly confused. It shows its head through Te, but you gotta really watch for it and not get lost in their Te to enjoy it
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The tertiary, as connected with the "puer" complex (Tertiary Temptation) is said to "inflate" itself, so that it can seem stronger than the same function in the dominant or auxiliary function. But this, (as well as any strong inferior) will still be about vulnerability, and generally looking up to others, trying to win someone's approval, etc. (and will eventually deflate); where the dom. and aux. will be mature and confident.
    This is why role and not strength is a better indication of preference.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The tertiary, as connected with the "puer" complex (Tertiary Temptation) is said to "inflate" itself, so that it can seem stronger than the same function in the dominant or auxiliary function. But this, (as well as any strong inferior) will still be about vulnerability, and generally looking up to others, trying to win someone's approval, etc. (and will eventually deflate); where the dom. and aux. will be mature and confident.
    This is why role and not strength is a better indication of preference.
    That is beautiful Eric. (Haha I just Fi-ed all over your Ti analysis )

I tried to explain this to my entp the other day. I would prefer to follow a strong Te leader than actually be that leader.

When I find them, I will actually test them a bit Te-Te to measure competency, then support them Ne-Fi-Te style after that. If I find the strong Te leader to be incorrect, I have no issue being very straightforward about it. To let them continue onwards would be to allow them to fail, thus allowing the entire group to fail.

There is something odd about Te. Maybe not INTJ Te, but I think the rest of the Te users. We test and seek the dominant Te user, then band behind them.

We describe it with words like honor, loyalty, integrity, resolve... all which indicate a resolution to maintaining the Te built societal framework and defending it. By recognition of the Te dom leader, we automatically are become obligated to fight for that team, even if at times we argue within the team.

My entp finds this all utterly bizarre, but for me it feels very natural. However I have seen how very, very poor having a strong ENTJ try and lead a bunch of NTPs can go, thus there are organizational implications present here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm beginning to like my onsetting Te. It's so easy. If that makes sense?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?