User Tag List

Default strengthening Si: meditation?

How do you make Si stronger? meditation perhaps?

do a Where's Waldo book

seriously, I loved them as a kid

Also: How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP

These are rather silly/ridiculous, but they might help you experience Si enough for it to further develop into something more useful. Or not.

1) Read a book about a place you want to travel to before you go there. Read a biography of Van Gogh and look at his paintings before you go to Arles, or read a novel set in New York before you visit, whatever appeals to you. You don't have to travel anywhere far or expensive... When I read Walden I didn't have to fly cross-country to New England, I just drove 20 minutes to the nature preserve near my house in California.

2) Act like the people in your favorite novels or movies. I find it way too much fun, for example, to drink tea while watching Jeeves & Wooster or reading Oscar Wilde or doing anything else England-related. If I owned any frilly dresses, I'd put one on to watch Marie Antoinette.

MBTI
    INTJ

We all have our own best answers, Ooooom:

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    My entp can remember every detail of past convos word by word. It is odd. She is much more verbal memory it seems than me. However she said she cannot remember past sensations. I realized I cannot either.

However I can imagine future touch-taste-smell sensations and some visual sensations. She can imagine visual-auditory future sensations very well.

maybe dont try and remember something from the past-instead imagine something?
    Thus, to strengthen Si, evoke forms.

That's to say, day dream, but not of great metaphysical stories. Instead, concretise the story, place it in a setting wherein all objects are to be interacted with. Avoid, where possible, leaving the setting of the story. Or if you, or your character, must leave, then they must employ physical means.

Ironically, it is Ms Sapienne who provides the guide:

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Question; is Ni a masturbatory function, seriously, is it?!?

You know what you have to do.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ISTJ

I read all the posts above and I have no clue how those activities use Si.

MBTI
    INTJ

Si isn't really memories, is it? There's memories, and then there is the composite object understood as ideal, right? So, a good chocolate cake will have X and Y and Z qualities, and if it did have them, then it would be one instance of the ideal. These qualities X, Y and Z come from experience, but also from something more, some virtualisation of that experience that produces the true object.

One presumably exercises tertiary or inferior Si by consciously going through some process that builds the composite, or encourages the user to collect together the former sense impressions into a virtual object, a thing of Si itself rather than a thing of the world.

So, basically, if ENFPs have a warm bath and light some incense candles, maybe play some familiar sweet music... they'll exercise Si. :footballreferee:

I completely and utterly just made that up, but it sounds good to me.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

So, basically, if ENFPs have a warm bath and light some incense candles, maybe play some familiar sweet music... they'll exercise Si. :footballreferee:

I completely and utterly just made that up, but it sounds good to me.
    I am sure it does....

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    I read all the posts above and I have no clue how those activities use Si.
    Same here....

Just do a lot of research on topics you enjoy?
    I realise that I usually end up looking for walkthroughs and guides for games I love playing. Don't just read one walkthrough, read a couple to know what works best for you and to get a better view of the different ways of playing that game. And then doing some hardcore metagaming. You know, nitty-gritty details like damage formula calculations to find the most optimal route for powerleveling, etc... For action games, look up youtube video tutorials on tips and tricks on how to complete a certain section or defeating an enemy. That worked really well for me with Monster Hunter.
    The amount of time I spend amassing information regarding the topic of interest is usually ends up being the same or more than the amount of time I spend doing it...

Basically, gathering a huge internal library before you embark on something?

(Well, I don't even know what I posted helps improve Si or uses Si. lol)
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Same here....

Just do a lot of research on topics you enjoy?
    I realise that I usually end up looking for walkthroughs and guides for games I love playing. Don't just read one walkthrough, read a couple to know what works best for you and to get a better view of the different ways of playing that game. And then doing some hardcore metagaming. You know, nitty-gritty details like damage formula calculations to find the most optimal route for powerleveling, etc... For action games, look up youtube video tutorials on tips and tricks on how to complete a certain section or defeating an enemy. That worked really well for me with Monster Hunter.
    The amount of time I spend amassing information regarding the topic of interest is usually ends up being the same or more than the amount of time I spend doing it...

Basically, gathering a huge internal library before you embark on something?

(Well, I don't even know what I posted helps improve Si or uses Si. lol)
    To me all that is Si except the planning/calculating deal, since that's now using a judgement. With how much I identify with this it is definitely a point of commonality between us INTPs and ISTJs.

Listening to old favorites in music exercises Si too, I would think.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil