• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJs considered 'nice guys' while INTJs are considered cold-hearted evil beings.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why so? What has the change from Si - Ni got to do with being a nice guy or a cold-hearted being of unsightly prejudice. Quite an over exaggeration and it's also quite sad when some people wholeheartedly take it as truth.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually often find ISTJs boring and INTJs more interesting.

(Not that I determine that based on type, I'm open first and that tends to be how it plays out.)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have almost a dying urge to state a pun in what you just said.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the Galen correlation; ISTJ=Melancholic-Melancholic. INTJ= Melancholic-Choleric. (People who take Galen based tests will usually come out like this). That Choleric is what gives them that "cold" edge. Basically, NT instead of SJ (one being pragmatic, and the other is cooperative), and the predecessor to NT was Kretschmer's "anesthetic". NTP's don't (usually) get that rap, because of the P (judgment turned inward, only perception is outward), and are tempered by the informing communication. Some of the tendencies are there, however.

Cognitively, Ni, with its visions will tend to give an appearance of a less warm individual, when compared to Si/Ne.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People think ISTJs are boring/anal and INTJs are boring/anal.

Get it right.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If I'ld imagine Patrick Bateman to be ISTJ that movie would be dead :D.

No but really, I think especially with the INTJ type there is still a lot of clearing some things up to do and you know why ?

Cause they just dont talk

VagrantFarce

ISTJ = Boring Office Calculator
INTJ = Robot Assassin from the Future

Get your stereotypes right, Katsuki.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People think ISTJs are boring/anal and INTJs are boring/anal.

Get it right.

ISTJ = Boring Office Calculator
INTJ = Robot Assassin from the Future

Get your stereotypes right, Katsuki.
Being corrected in stereotypes is like a bizarre paradigmatic shift into my worldly judging stereotypical state of mind.

If I'ld imagine Patrick Bateman to be ISTJ that movie would be dead :D.

No but really, I think especially with the INTJ type there is still a lot of clearing some things up to do and you know why ?

Cause they just dont talk
And how about ISTJs? I don't believe they talk more than we do.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From the Galen correlation; ISTJ=Melancholic-Melancholic. INTJ= Melancholic-Choleric. (People who take Galen based tests will usually come out like this). That Choleric is what gives them that "cold" edge. Basically, NT instead of SJ (one being pragmatic, and the other is cooperative), and the predecessor to NT was Kretschmer's "anesthetic". NTP's don't (usually) get that rap, because of the P (judgment turned inward, only perception is outward), and are tempered by the informing communication. Some of the tendencies are there, however.

Cognitively, Ni, with its visions will tend to give an appearance of a less warm individual, when compared to Si/Ne.
Sounds like a reasonable explanation... And I suppose this is also why INFJs are considered the most T or cold-hearted of all the NFs.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually I was trying to pick different stereotypes until I realized I could use both anal and boring for both types! Yay!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe we should talk to them more ? But everytime I do I just get lectured and shown my logic is flawed. So maybe we need a new battleplan to approach them !

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah it's probably because INTJs live in their own random universe far removed from reality and tend to forget that other people exist. Those other people dont like that.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm trying to figure out the ISTJ 'nice guy' stereotype. Doesn't help that none of the ISTJs i know come anywhere close to it.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only ISTJ "nice guys" I've ever noticed are on this forum, which makes them outliers from the other ISTJs.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Antisocial is a nice way to go. Sitting back and letting others do the talking.
Actually I was trying to pick different stereotypes until I realized I could use both anal and boring for both types! Yay!
Saved your resources you did. 2 birds with one stone.

Anastar

I like INTJ's. ISTJ's have a tendency to make odd rationalizations for bad judgements. They don't have the vision or long-term thinking that saves them from making present moment errors. ISTJ=I want to have my cake and eat it too. They also have a tendency to be crude and hate indiscriminately.