User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    INTJ Pros: Also hard working. Will raise the child with the goal of being independent; e.g., silly example - when teaching them how to swim, they will allow them to try on their own longer than most types, always keeping a watchful eye. After all, the goal is for the child to learn how to swim. Will be focused on developing the children. May be more alert to the uniqueness in each child and their natural abilities, enthusiastically encouraging them to grow and develop in those areas of talent, get them in just the right school, situations to prosper, etc. while accepting of things they are not so good and them being the person who they are (unless the problem will ultimately harm the child, in which they will assertively work to get a solution)

INTJ Cons: Will be overly direct at times, more critical and demanding, children will receive subtle messages they can do better on things at times (which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it).

I'd also say, certain types of children may mesh better with a certain kind of parent. An ISFJ parent may view an INFP daughter as: spacey, not listening, not focused enough on her homework, needs to be more in touch with the real world, and be be subtly critical. They will do a lot for the child, which actually creates a dependency as well rather than encouraging them to take ownership and responsibility for themselves. They don't appreciate the art or music, art, or writing so much and may attempt to steer them to more practical occupations or things.
    Hmm, interesting I would say the INTJ pros list fits me quite well. The INTJ cons list, however does not describe me. Perhaps it is because I have been on the receiving end of female gender role socialization, or perhaps it is because I do not have an extremely high T preference (if I had to quantify, I'd say maybe 65%), but I tend to struggle with being "strict" with children. Unless a rule is very important for the sake of the child's safety, moral development, or well-being, I prefer to be more laid-back and more lenient.

This is only based on my experiences at work (at a psychiatric hospital for kids and adolescents, and at a residential facility for mentally ill adolescents), though. I do not know how I would interact with "normal" children who are not mentally ill, if I had to work with them for long hours.
    j'adore les chats

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Psst. Guys, (whispers) hearts and wubbies are frightening to ixtj's. They understand only terms. If you stray from the language they will know we are foreigners and block us from their thread as an instinctive protective mechanism.
    So I can't say that INTJs are irresistible packages of secretly soft, squishy yumminess that I just want to hug into oblivion?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    So I can't say that INTJs are irresistible packages of secretly soft, squishy yumminess that I just want to hug into oblivion?
    Only if you can make the connection undeniable complete with systems, graphs, and solid statistics.
    Ni(Te+Fi)/Se= Se/29^3- 12.99992. Cancel out the Se. Solve for Ni, (this is the tricky part, since the components and theory behind Ni are extremely complex.) And after a series of extremely complicated logic, all you get is the "secretly squishy" part of the answer. No one on earth has been able to complete the formula to fit your hypothesis and Ne people often make these massive inaccurate jumps in logic which aren't proven which scares the INTJ. Also,if you observe the INTJ the nature of the INTJ changes, which means they can only be figured out using pure physics and mathematical formulas. which further complicates the situation. Good luck in your endeavor.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I've never heard of ISTJs being "nice," they're cooperative, which isn't necessarily "nice." And need I remind everyone that being nice could have pragmatic benefits as well, just like being an asshole does.

I think what we're seeing when we think of "nice guys," however, are male ISFJs. That is, of course, a generalization.

Permabanned

ISTJs are dicks even the ISTJ friends I have are dicks. I call them dicks and they agree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    Of course you can. You have a right to be wrong.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Of course you can. You have a right to be wrong.
    ISTJs are nice in the way that storm troopers are nice.

INTJs are nice in the way Emperor Palpatine is nice. (They're still my squishies. I shall call them Squishy and they shall be mine and they shall be my Squishies.)

MBTI
    ENxP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I for one do not see INTJ's as cold-hearted, evil beings! Though naturally, some of them are.

And ISTJ's I don't see so much as 'nice' as 'particularly uninspiring.'