User Tag List

First 91011

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    If these are Star Wars references, I don't understand them.. (I never saw the series AND I NEVER WILL)
    /STUBBORN

I did, however, look up Ewoks.

There's one of those deep inside every Thinking type.
    Yes, it IS a Star Wars reference!! Amgs... I think you should take a short trip out to Doncha' Knooooow Laaaaaaand... For like 8 hours. All we will do is have hot cocoa.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There is nothing to point out, and therefore nothing about which to become indignant.

(This thread is indeed silly.)
    Nothing? or...... Everything!?!

Gather round, children, & observe!

A common breed of veiled indignation, in its natural habitat.

*has s'mores supplies and shares*

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Anew Leaf

Now we just need to lie in wait for yet another deer IXTJ to trot into the meadow and feast upon the salt lick of NoGooeyCenter.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Gather round, children, & observe!

A common breed of veiled indignation, in its natural habitat.
    I don't know whether this is wishful thinking, an absence of logic, or both. You cannot make something into what you wish it to be, simply by saying it is.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Riva

Are ISTJs the nice ones? Have I met ISTJs who are nice? Decent maybe but rarely nice. Honest, loyal yes.

Have I met any evil INTJs? Cold hearted appearance maybe but they are shockingly helpful and polite - the ones I know.

Helpful is a nice word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I'm trying to care about this topic. The real answer is when you look into an INTJ's eyes you can sometimes see that anything is possible. Really, anything. Deep down the only real constraint is opportunity and conscience. But what I'm mostly hoping is HAL 9000 was not ISFJ, because that'd ruin the instructional question:

HAL 9000

ISTJ or INTJ?

I say clear cut ISTJ. Others say different.
    Enneagram 6? 6w7 maybe. Or was he a 2?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I don't know whether this is wishful thinking, an absence of logic, or both. You cannot make something into what you wish it to be, simply by saying it is.
    But what something may be when it cannot be clearly discerned and is not shared is open to interpretation. Unfortunately even when it is shared and stated clearly....individuals will always see other elements that can be either fabricated or true, yet hidden from the particular individual of examination.

So the truth of what something is or what it will be in this social context....is extremely fuzzy.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't know whether this is wishful thinking, an absence of logic, or both.
    Doesn't wishful thinking usually take place in the absence of logic?

You cannot make something into what you wish it to be, simply by saying it is.
    And agreed, of course not. It's all in good fun [at the potential expense of Thinking types, that is].
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Doesn't wishful thinking usually take place in the absence of logic?
    It usually is accompanied by an unwillingness to face the facts of a situation. Yes, I would call that illogical, but sometimes the wishful thinking almost has a logic of its own. It is often an integral component of delusional thinking, used to maintain some comfort level when someone is confronted by something they do not wish to face.

And agreed, of course not. It's all in good fun [at the potential expense of Thinking types, that is].
    In that case, carry on. We can certainly take it, and I see no reason at the moment to spoil your fun.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Why so? What has the change from Si - Ni got to do with being a nice guy or a cold-hearted being of unsightly prejudice. Quite an over exaggeration and it's also quite sad when some people wholeheartedly take it as truth.
    In Socionics the type that closest corresponds to ISTJ (SLI) is described as Positivist and Asking (more on this here). The type that most closely corresponds to INTJ (ILI) is Negativist and Declaring. Negativist types tend to point of how flawed something is, what's lacking or missing, what cannot be done. As Declaring types ILIs state such things as a fact, with confidence. As a result people think that they are arrogant pessimists out to ruin everyone's mood and spoil everyone's good time. The ISTJ/SLI being Positivist and Asking make a more likable impression.