• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Too much credit to MBTI and not enough to male/female?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I can relate easier in terms of similarities to NTs of any gender over SF women.

Ok, but can you relate more to NT women or men? Don't you really notice any differences between NT women and men?

I have to say I do. It isn't so apparent in written communication (on this forum I sometimes don't recognize if I read a guy or girl's post), so I develop an idealized version of the guys of the type, but when I meet them IRL I cannot relate half as much as I hoped (and I can relate very well to NT girls). The same with NF guys - my dad and my brother are INFPs, and even though we're generally very similar people and I can relate, there are still fundamental differences in communication style.

sleepy said:
but...I'm now slightly confused what T-girls really is.

Maybe you are confused what MBTI Thinking/Feeling really is. It isn't the same as thinking and feeling in the general sense. Maybe you're right though, I probably associate thinking and feeling with objective vs. subjective. I don't know if MBTI deals very well with this difference, though; I've read more opinions as to which functions are supposed to be subjective and which objective, and I wasn't sure if I agreed.

As for objective/subjective, I again have to say that I find Thinking girls more subjective than Thinking guys, and Feeling guys more objective than Feeling girls.

---

However, basically I'd say that the core of this discussion lies in the question, "what constitutes a male/female". I'm pretty sure it isn't just body peculiarities, and I also very much doubt it's only T/F or whatever. As Jennifer pointed out, there were cases of transsexuals who were raised as one gender but never felt "at home" in their body and later changed their gender, and it was hardly because they were raised to be Fs but felt like Ts. Therefore, I'd say that nature and nurture both play a significant role, and I really don't think that males and females are the same.

sleepy said:
Not saying this is true, but it has been said that INFPs tend to take generalities a bit to far sometimes, due to subjectivity

That might be true :), but lots of people indulge in generalities and they are hardly only INFPs. Also, sometimes it's important to create generalities (= theories) and change them according to new input, just like it's sometimes important to look at things individually. Besides, MBTI is one huge generality anyway. ;)

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Oh crap, I guess this explains why I didn't wait to sign up for mediation classes, recently applied for my passport to volunteer abroad, and am moving (today actually) to have more opportunities to pursue my dreams. Yep. I just waited, hoping that they would happen, even though you can make them happen by taking action.

Oh my...:doh: I'm sorry, I left out an important part of the idea. Men are either waiting for their dreams to come, or they go and grab them, just like you did. But women are able to persuade themselves that they are in fact living their dream - they change their wishes so that they matched their opportunities better.

I'm not saying this is a God send truth, but I find the idea interesting.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my...:doh: I'm sorry, I left out an important part of the idea. Men are either waiting for their dreams to come, or they go and grab them, just like you did. But women are able to persuade themselves that they are in fact living their dream - they change their wishes so that they matched their opportunities better.

I'm not saying this is a God send truth, but I find the idea interesting.

Okay now that makes a bit more sense. :p