User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I can relate easier in terms of similarities to NTs of any gender over SF women.
    Ok, but can you relate more to NT women or men? Don't you really notice any differences between NT women and men?

I have to say I do. It isn't so apparent in written communication (on this forum I sometimes don't recognize if I read a guy or girl's post), so I develop an idealized version of the guys of the type, but when I meet them IRL I cannot relate half as much as I hoped (and I can relate very well to NT girls). The same with NF guys - my dad and my brother are INFPs, and even though we're generally very similar people and I can relate, there are still fundamental differences in communication style.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy
    but...I'm now slightly confused what T-girls really is.
    Maybe you are confused what MBTI Thinking/Feeling really is. It isn't the same as thinking and feeling in the general sense. Maybe you're right though, I probably associate thinking and feeling with objective vs. subjective. I don't know if MBTI deals very well with this difference, though; I've read more opinions as to which functions are supposed to be subjective and which objective, and I wasn't sure if I agreed.

As for objective/subjective, I again have to say that I find Thinking girls more subjective than Thinking guys, and Feeling guys more objective than Feeling girls.

---

However, basically I'd say that the core of this discussion lies in the question, "what constitutes a male/female". I'm pretty sure it isn't just body peculiarities, and I also very much doubt it's only T/F or whatever. As Jennifer pointed out, there were cases of transsexuals who were raised as one gender but never felt "at home" in their body and later changed their gender, and it was hardly because they were raised to be Fs but felt like Ts. Therefore, I'd say that nature and nurture both play a significant role, and I really don't think that males and females are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy
    Not saying this is true, but it has been said that INFPs tend to take generalities a bit to far sometimes, due to subjectivity
    That might be true , but lots of people indulge in generalities and they are hardly only INFPs. Also, sometimes it's important to create generalities (= theories) and change them according to new input, just like it's sometimes important to look at things individually. Besides, MBTI is one huge generality anyway.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Oh crap, I guess this explains why I didn't wait to sign up for mediation classes, recently applied for my passport to volunteer abroad, and am moving (today actually) to have more opportunities to pursue my dreams. Yep. I just waited, hoping that they would happen, even though you can make them happen by taking action.
    Oh my... I'm sorry, I left out an important part of the idea. Men are either waiting for their dreams to come, or they go and grab them, just like you did. But women are able to persuade themselves that they are in fact living their dream - they change their wishes so that they matched their opportunities better.

I'm not saying this is a God send truth, but I find the idea interesting.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Oh my... I'm sorry, I left out an important part of the idea. Men are either waiting for their dreams to come, or they go and grab them, just like you did. But women are able to persuade themselves that they are in fact living their dream - they change their wishes so that they matched their opportunities better.

I'm not saying this is a God send truth, but I find the idea interesting.
    Okay now that makes a bit more sense. :P
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)