User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

  1. #21
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    ^ Imo, human beings are never too far apart from each other. We have the same needs, and wants, just sometimes various pathways and thinking processes to get to those things. I don't think gender influences those pathways.. the only thing that is influenced by gender is social statuses and traditions. (And let one person come bugging me about "but girls can't do as many push-ups whatchoo got now lolz?!... )
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #22
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Simulatedworld would not agree with this, therefore it is not true. you should feel ashaimed for posting such a ridiculous thread.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    I have to say I agree with you, although I don't necessarily think the difference lies specifically in the areas the book touches. However, saying there is no difference between, let's say, a female INFP and a male INFP is denying reality. I know that when I'm "classifying" my observations about types in my head, I always subconsciously create a divide between male and female representatives, because the females have certain tendencies that the males just don't share and vice versa. Of course they're similar in many aspects either, but I'd say the mental connection I have with them is on a different wavelength anyway. Finding a girl who is "just like me" is much easier than finding a man who is, and not because of type (as a matter of fact I know many male INFPs and they'll always have a more "T" vibe than INFP girls, for example; and also many shared traits that the INFP girls can "understand" but they'll still annoy them ).

    I'm not sure what is the basis of this difference, and perhaps no one can tell with certainty. My boyfriend believes that basically, "all men are concrete and all women are abstract". Yes, it's a stereotype, but if you look outside the "living in your head" stuff and cognitive functions, it might be something to think about.

    For example, a friend of mine read a book (unfortunately I don't recall its name) where the author presented an interesting metaphor (I haven't read the book so I might twist it a little, but this is the general idea): all men are kind of standing on the shore and watching the boat where their dreams are in the distance - if it comes, wonderful; if it doesn't, they'll wait some more. On the other hand, women do not watch the boat; they create the boat, and if the reality doesn't match their dreams they'll take a new approach to reality and recreate it (if only inside their heads) so that it matches their dreams better. I think it's really spot on, and I'd say it correlates with the "concrete/abstract" very nicely.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

  4. #24
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    For example, a friend of mine read a book (unfortunately I don't recall its name) where the author presented an interesting metaphor (I haven't read the book so I might twist it a little, but this is the general idea): all men are kind of standing on the shore and watching the boat where their dreams are in the distance - if it comes, wonderful; if it doesn't, they'll wait some more. On the other hand, women do not watch the boat; they create the boat, and if the reality doesn't match their dreams they'll take a new approach to reality and recreate it (if only inside their heads) so that it matches their dreams better. I think it's really spot on, and I'd say it correlates with the "concrete/abstract" very nicely.
    That's kind of offensive usual bullshit "women are smart men can only repair cars"
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  5. #25
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Unless it's a gender related topic, I'm probably going to have more in common with an INTP female than an ESFJ male.

    I think MBTI gender-blindness benefits T females and F males. T females don't have to feel like they're masculine or manish, they're just Ts, and F males don't have to feel feminine or girly, they're just Fs.

  6. #26
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Simulatedworld would not agree with this, therefore it is not true. you should feel ashaimed for posting such a ridiculous thread.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Finding a girl who is "just like me" is much easier than finding a man who is, and not because of type (as a matter of fact I know many male INFPs and they'll always have a more "T" vibe than INFP girls, for example; and also many shared traits that the INFP girls can "understand" but they'll still annoy them ).
    So, you are saying there really are no T-girls? they will come in the shadow of even the most F dude regarding T?

    all men are kind of standing on the shore and watching the boat where their dreams are in the distance - if it comes, wonderful; if it doesn't, they'll wait some more. On the other hand, women do not watch the boat; they create the boat, and if the reality doesn't match their dreams they'll take a new approach to reality and recreate it (if only inside their heads) so that it matches their dreams better.
    Well, you are being consistent in your subjective opinion. What you really are saying is that men can distance themselves to be able to make difficult objective decisions, where women can not make this separation.

  8. #28
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Just inter-thread drama he's having.

  9. #29
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Theres lot of discusions on it in the NT forum especially the differences between ENT male/female as there seem to be lots of differences in that one!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's kind of offensive usual bullshit "women are smart men can only repair cars"
    No, that's definitely not what the author was trying to imply. It's not about abilities at all. It rather regards something abstract like love etc. In my experience, men usually wait for the "right one" to come, but women can persuade themselves that the one they have really is the right one (even when he's really an abusive bastard). That's why it might be so hard for some men to move on after they broke up with a girl they really considered "the right one". In perspective, women can see their past as really positive even when it was really negative and vice versa, whereas men are more realistic about things. But I'm not an expert on men, this is just what I can say from my and my friends' experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy
    So, you are saying there really are no T-girls? they will come in the shadow of even the most F dude regarding T?
    No, it's not like that. F/T, MBTI wise, doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. Of course there are T girls and F men. But there will usually be a stronger element of feeling in T girls than in T men, in my opinion, and stronger element of thinking in F men.

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy
    What you really are saying is that men can distance themselves to be able to make difficult objective decisions, where women can not make this separation.
    No, that was not the point at all. It was more about the concrete/abstract approach to reality, not about feelings and thinking.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Similar Threads

  1. all i have is $2 and not enough liquor
    By Trash Panda in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2017, 02:22 PM
  2. Do we have too much time to think about ourselves?
    By Illmatic in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 03:30 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 01:12 AM
  4. [NF] Homebodies: too much, not enough???
    By Scott N Denver in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 12:55 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO