• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Public Service Announcement to Paranoid Fi doms

G

Ginkgo

How "kind" of sim to proclaim Udog reasonable. So good to know he's not lumped in with "Paranoid Fi doms".

I'm pretty sure Udog doesn't need that kind of validation or charity.

Since sim was making a thread to complain about two people, Mystic Tater and Victor, perhaps this whole debacle would have been best addressed in PM.

"Paranoid Fi doms" ... Tater was pulling a stunt and sim played along knowing full well it had trolling written all over it and what foolishness has now prevailed from that.

And here I am, trying to make sure all the kiddies play nice.

:doh:

Is it your duty to guard the well-being of all humans, censoring the little children from the ominous terrors of free speech on the web? He picked a provocative title for his thread, as I did mine. Its validity is certainly questionable, just as most media on the internet is questionable. If you disagree with his statement, invalidate the statement, not the stater.

MAKE%20IT%20STOP.jpg

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Is it your duty to guard the well-being of all humans, censoring the little children from the ominous terrors of free speech on the web? He picked a provocative title for his thread, as I did mine. Its validity is certainly questionable, just as most media on the internet is questionable. If you disagree with his statement, invalidate the statement, not the stater.

What do I have to invalidate? Are you saying that your opinion is true unless proven otherwise? That's pretty funny actually. Guilty, unless proven innocent.

MBTI taking over the world (true unless proven otherwise)
Paranoid Fi doms (read more to see if it's counting you in there)

And yes, I do care that people are nice to each other, and if you don't like that, it's unfortunate that you won't benefit from that particular flaw in future.

G

Ginkgo

What do I have to invalidate? Are you saying that your opinion is true unless proven otherwise? That's pretty funny actually. Guilty, unless proven innocent.

And yes, I do care that people are nice to each other, and if you don't like that, it's unfortunate that you won't benefit from that particular flaw in future.

Well, when an opinion arises and everyone agrees with it, it becomes consensus, regardless of it's truthfulness.

The conversation bumbles in circles and I don't have anything substantive to say.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The conversation bumbles in circles and I don't have anything substantive to say.

Don't waste your ideas with the infantry. Rather keep on thinking big !

It's not necessary to heal the world, it's ok if one heals himself and not more.

Mole

Permabanned
MBTI taking over the world (true unless proven otherwise)

MBTI has been used for seventy years by the two most powerful forces in the world - the USA military and USA business.

Just the two forces one of the most successful Presidents of the USA warned us against in his last speech as President.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us, in his own words, of the, "Military Industrial Complex". The very Complex that has been using MBTI against recruits and employees.

And now the Military Industrial Complex has been joined by the Internet, the third most powerful force in the world, to bring MBTI to school children in their bedrooms.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How "kind" of sim to proclaim Udog reasonable. So good to know he's not lumped in with "Paranoid Fi doms".

I'm pretty sure Udog doesn't need that kind of validation or charity.

Since sim was making a thread to complain about two people, Mystic Tater and Victor, perhaps this whole debacle would have been best addressed in PM.

"Paranoid Fi doms" ... Tater was pulling a stunt and sim has admitted to playing along, knowing the OP had trolling written all over it. And this thread - what of value has been gained from it?

And here I am, trying to make sure all the kiddies play nice.

:doh:

I'm just damned if I do and damned if I don't, aren't I?

If I say negative things to an INFP, I'm being an insensitive jerk.

But apparently if I say positive things to an INFP, I'm...also being a jerk by implying that I have the authority to declare positive attributes about people?

Are you fucking kidding me? I complimented uDog and you STILL found a way to twist it into something offensive/hostile.

And you wonder why I find so many INFPs overly sensitive! Good lord!

TO ME, it seems that you try to shut someone up by using words designed to cultivate the very emotional reaction you claim to despise.

TO ME, that means you are actively trying to ensure people who don't share your POV shut the f*** up.

TO ME, that is an attempt to ensure another form of censorship.

TO ME, it seems like you are absolutely determined to find fault with everything I say, to the point that you won't even allow me to overtly compliment others.

btw, you don't get to define my intentions however you want just by adding "TO ME" at the beginning of your incorrect analysis. I could say, "TO ME, you are a Communist baby killer" but that doesn't make it true if you don't actually support Communism or killing babies. Since I do not actually support censorship, your interpretation of my intentions is wrong--regardless of how many times you write "TO ME"!

Criticizing your POV doesn't constitute trying to censor it. If I were appealing to mods to forcefully remove your posts, that would be attempting to censor them. I'm doing no such thing and I've clearly explained my opposition to censorship.

G

Ginkgo

I am going to illicit this opportunity to ask: Why can't I be my own friend on this website?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You're just deflecting the whole point, that you happily and actively participated in this trolling exercise.

No need to twist my words; I'll explain it for you because you seem to be missing the point.

Here's the rub:

We have two words: reasonable vs unreasonable.

You would agree with me that these are evenly weighted opposites. Correct?

When you post though, this is what you say instead of unreasonable:

paranoid, paranoid delusional Fi-ridden garbage, doom-mongering hysterics, DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUUUUMB!, bat shit crazy, overly sensitive, hostile, bullshit, then as a last resort you descend to name-calling and dish out your own brand of hostility

Do you see how these are no longer EQUAL?

You come across as patronizing to Udog, as though you hold ultimate authority to judge him. You don't, don't you see? It's like saying he's reasonable DESPITE being fi-dom, a back-handed compliment at best.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You're just deflecting the whole point, that you happily and actively participated in this trolling exercise.

+1 you're right.

And there is a level of somewhat accepted trolling that goes on in this forum. Under my definition of the word, it's fairly common.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No need to twist my words; I'll explain it for you because you seem to be missing the point.

Here's the rub:

We have two words: reasonable vs unreasonable.

You would agree with me that these are evenly weighted opposites. Correct?

When you post though, this is what you say instead of unreasonable:

paranoid, bat shit crazy, overly sensitive, hostile, then as a last resort you descend to name-calling and dish out your own brand of hostility

Do you see how these are no longer EQUAL?

You come across as patronizing to Udog, as though you hold ultimate authority to judge him. You don't, don't you see? It's like saying he's reasonable DESPITE being fi-dom, a back-handed compliment at best.

Actually uDog took the compliment as it was intended: as a compliment. He left me a rep comment thanking me for it, fyi.

Interesting that the recipient of this compliment didn't find it patronizing, isn't it? You're the only one that seems to have bent over backward to find an insult where none exists.

And you wonder why I criticize INFPs for doing this.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I added a few more choice adjectives above.

And hey, maybe we're all so conditioned to accept any compliment a back-handed one will do.

I love how you ignore every legitimate point I've made and focus on trying to wage an emotional war with me, trying to push all my buttons.

Answer the questions. Troll.

(It's a verb.)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
And double hey, I am heading to bed now for real. So leave any extra thoughts sim and we can pick it up tomorrow if you want.

And see if you can do it without hysterical language, hmmm? ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I added a few more choice adjectives above.

And hey, maybe we're all so conditioned to accept any compliment a back-handed one will do.

I love how you ignore every legitimate point I've made and focus on trying to wage an emotional war with me, trying to push all my buttons.

Answer the questions. Troll.

1) I'm at a loss as to why you think I have any responsibility to use equally powerful terminology in my criticisms and in my compliments. I happen to enjoy hyperbolic language, and it's a very common INFP mistake to assume proportional hyperbolic emotional motivation. Just because you would have to be in a very emotional state to use such language doesn't mean others are.

2) Pay attention to context. I wasn't saying he's reasonable DESPITE being an Fi dom; read uDog's post that I initially responded to. He said:

I've always wondered how chunks of the forum could gain such ridiculous perceptions of INFPs.

Now I know.

See this? He's actually openly admitting that some INFPs give off strange enough vibes to give people ridiculous perceptions of the whole type.

Now look at my response, except in context this time. I was providing an example to support this statement:

INFPs, like every type, run the gamut from balanced and insightful to paranoid and bat shit crazy. The crazy ones just tend to go really far off the deep end with their anti-typology rants.

See where I equated INFPs with every other type by saying "LIKE EVERY TYPE" and stated explicitly that there are very reasonable INFPs as well as crazy ones? I was providing an example of the former by complimenting uDog and making a deliberate effort to highlight the good side of the INFP type.

To summarize:

uDog: "Wow, I can see why some people get such a bad impression of INFPs."
sim: "Yeah, but a lot of INFPs are perfectly reasonable, like you, for instance."

And yet you still found a way to twist this into an insult. I didn't mean it as an insult and the recipient didn't take it as one. Get over it already.

And double hey, I am heading to bed now for real. So leave any extra thoughts sim and we can pick it up tomorrow if you want.

And see if you can do it without hysterical language, hmmm? ;)

Playing with language is fun, and I have no intention of compromising my choice of linguistic style in order to tiptoe around your feelings. It's an Ne thing, see? I like to play with patterns and come up with colorful combinations of wordings. And it's no coincidence that "OMG I CAN TELL U R VERY DEEPLY UPSET RIGHT NOW" always comes from INFPs. ;)

I also enjoy arguing because it's a competitive game, which I'm very big on. I don't do it to express deeply suppressed emotional trauma; I do it to pass the time because it's fun. Try and wrap your Fi-riddled little head around that one, will ya?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
1) I'm at a loss as to why you think I have any responsibility to use equally powerful terminology in my criticisms and in my compliments. I happen to enjoy hyperbolic language, and it's a very common INFP mistake to assume proportional hyperbolic emotional motivation.

You do this for dramatic impact and to illicit response. It is done with INTENTION, and you cannot deny it. You try to get people worked up because it is fun for you. And you know INFP's will see the imbalance in language most of all, potentially have an emotional reaction, and you exploit that.

Then, when the INFP is a bit upset, you claim they are "hysterical".

I wasn't saying he's reasonable DESPITE being an Fi dom

I know you didn't say that - I'm saying that the message you have sent comes across with that flavor. I'm not trying to give you a hard time; I am trying to point out that you are being patronizing here and don't even see it.

See this? He's actually openly admitting that some INFPs give off strange enough vibes to give people ridiculous perceptions of the whole type.

No, Udog hadn't read the other post at that time, only yours. He didn't have the benefit of full context.

But most importantly, you don't even think Victor IS an INFP. And this thread is about him and Mystic Tater-tot. (I don't know what type he is, just testing out a few I think to see where he has the most fun.) Your post title doesn't exclude Victor, but that statement above does.

See where I equated INFPs with every other type by saying "LIKE EVERY TYPE" and stated explicitly that there are very reasonable INFPs as well as crazy ones?

Yes, I did see that. And I acknowledged this in my mind, and now in thread.

But again, you don't believe Victor to be an INFP, so why is that even relevant? Because we all know that's mostly who you are pointing this thread towards.

I also enjoy arguing because it's a competitive game, which I'm very big on. I don't do it to express deeply suppressed emotional trauma; I do it to pass the time because it's fun. Try and wrap your Fi-riddled little head around that one, will ya?

I am having a blast too! This is tons of fun, but I really do need to head to bed right now. :)

Let's have some more fun tomorrow, k?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You do this for dramatic impact and to illicit response. It is done with INTENTION, and you cannot deny it. You try to get people worked up because it is fun for you. And you know INFP's will see the imbalance in language most of all, potentially have an emotional reaction, and you exploit that.

Then, when the INFP is a bit upset, you claim they are "hysterical".

Because INFPs are the only people who continually misread extreme emotion into my writing. And yes, I think that's hysterical, and I absolutely do bait them into responding this way. It's just incredibly funny to me that the only people who keep taking the bait and flipping out/insisting that they can read my emotions perfectly are INFPs.

The word you're looking for is "elicit", by the way. Amusing that you should mention "illicit responses" in the midst of a discussion about censorship, though. :laugh:

I know you didn't say that - I'm saying that the message you have sent comes across with that flavor. I'm not trying to give you a hard time; I am trying to point out that you are being patronizing here and don't even see it.

And I'm trying to point out that you (and many INFPs) have an extreme bias toward reading hostility into people's words when it isn't really there. The problem isn't that I can't see it; it's that INFPs are the only ones who DO see it and you don't seem to realize that your perceptions of hostility are not the norm. I live with an INFP roommate and have ample experience with this. Even other INFPs seem to notice this; for example, this rep comment came from Seymour (an INFP) about this thread:

Seymour said:
Hah... as an Fi-dom totally agree with you! Heh... agreed. I love my INFP cohort, but sometimes I just want to slap 'em around (for their own good).

As I said, some INFPs constantly read more emotion into the words of others than is actually there, and I really enjoy poking at you to continually prove this point. It's amusing to me (and many others, despite your myopic insistence that being mean prevents anyone from taking me seriously or agreeing with me) because you all keep responding to it so predictably.

No, Udog hadn't read the other post at that time, only yours. He didn't have the benefit of full context.

And you know this...how?

But most importantly, you don't even think Victor IS an INFP. And this thread is about him and Mystic Tater-tot. (I don't know what type he is, just testing out a few I think to see where he has the most fun.) Your post title doesn't exclude Victor, but that statement above does.

It's about a lot more than just that. Fear of being dehumanized/boxed in by categorization is a running theme with many Fi users.

Yes, I did see that. And I acknowledged this in my mind, and now in thread.

But again, you don't believe Victor to be an INFP, so why is that even relevant? Because we all know that's mostly who you are pointing this thread towards.

Victor exaggerates more than any others, but there have been quite a few threads by Fi-ers whining about how we're overapplying/putting too much faith in MBTI and how people are too unique to be "put in boxes" and so on and so forth. Victor does this more often than any other poster on the board, but he's not the only example.

I am having a blast too! This is tons of fun, but I really do need to head to bed right now. :)

Let's have some more fun tomorrow, k?

Okay!