• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Public Service Announcement to Paranoid Fi doms

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Emulation, simulation, mastication, masturbation, exacerbation. It's all good.

Victor's just a launching pad, just as Provoker was a launching pad, just as others were.

Soon I will be flying with my own wings, but hopefully I will not land like a morbidly obese albatross.

I think I'm going to step off the mystic tater train to nowhere. You seem to have so much to offer that people keep hoping you actually will live up to it. And they keep hoping..

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Check out Mystic Tater's "Why MBTI is Death For Society" thread.

Mystic Tater... I just think that guy is trollin. Don't you? I've seen a few of his other threads.

If I made no comment on the number of them, how on earth do you reason that I'm paranoid about it? You don't even know how many I think there are. :shock:

Since "Fi doms" in the thread title is plural, I figured more than one.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mystic Tater... I just think that guy is trollin. Don't you? I've seen a few of his other threads.

Sure do. Check out my comments in that thread.

Also check out comments from other INFPs who expressed agreement with Tater's OP, not realizing he was trolling. (Disregard, for instance.)

Since "Fi doms" in the thread title is plural, I figured more than one.

You can find old threads from INFPs saying things like, "Is MBTI a religion??" and "PEOPLE NEED TO STOP OVERAPPLYING MTBI!!!" They typically go something like:

1) Badly misinterpret the way people apply typology,
2) Assume everyone believes MBTI to be empirical scientific fact,
3) "Warn" us all of the dangers of "boxing people in" too much.

It's true that nobody takes it to the same level as Victor, but often when Vic makes one of his "MBTI is an evil conspiracy" posts, INFPs show up and express agreement and admiration.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
THEYS AFTER ME, AND THEYS AFTER YOU TOO!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
THEYS AFTER ME, AND THEYS AFTER YOU TOO!

:run:

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-02-800-75.jpg

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
THEY'S GONE PUT ME IN A BOX

AN THEY'S GONE PUT YOU IN ONE TOOOOOOOOOOO

trapped_inside_the_box.jpg

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You can find old threads from INFPs saying things like, "Is MBTI a religion??" and "PEOPLE NEED TO STOP OVERAPPLYING MTBI!!!" They typically go something like:

1) Badly misinterpret the way people apply typology,
2) Assume everyone believes MBTI to be empirical scientific fact,
3) "Warn" us all of the dangers of "boxing people in" too much.

Someone should tally up all the anti-typology threads and make a graph about their types. If an ISTJ is reading this: get to work!

It's true that nobody takes it to the same level as Victor, but often when Vic makes one of his "MBTI is an evil conspiracy" posts, INFPs show up and express agreement and admiration.

I don't even think Victor believes it to the extent he tries to convey. He magnifies the severity of everything x100 in his posts, but probably does have a real beef with MBTI.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone should tally up all the anti-typology threads and make a graph about their types. If an ISTJ is reading this: get to work!

Srsly, I'm not gonna go through all that detail-oriented crap.

I don't even think Victor believes it to the extent he tries to convey. He magnifies the severity of everything x100 in his posts, but probably does have a real beef with MBTI.

True enough, but I have a feeling he believes a good portion of what he says, which is kind of frightening.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always wondered how chunks of the forum could gain such ridiculous perceptions of INFPs.

Now I know.

So, to get back to the OP, does anyone believe that SW's specific charges retain any validity?

For paranoid Fi doms, very possibly. Not sure where unstable Fi-doms fit in the mix, though.

No, studying typology does not ruin your ability to feel emotion or appreciate others on a personal basis.

I think what happens in this case is that MBTI is initially respected and appreciated because it helps us learn about ourselves. See, boxes are nice because they are nice, controlled environments that don't have lots of variables and distractions. Many IxFPs eventually realize, though, that they need to step out of the box if they wish to continue to grow.

Others, however, start to view that box as a prison.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always wondered how chunks of the forum could gain such ridiculous perceptions of INFPs.

Now I know.

For paranoid Fi doms, very possibly. Not sure where unstable Fi-doms fit in the mix, though.

I think what happens in this case is that MBTI is initially respected and appreciated because it helps us learn about ourselves. See, boxes are nice because they are nice, controlled environments that don't have lots of variables and distractions. Many IxFPs eventually realize, though, that they need to step out of the box if they wish to continue to grow.

Others, however, start to view that box as a prison.

Just for the record, every post of yours I can remember has been pretty reasonable and balanced.

INFPs, like every type, run the gamut from balanced and insightful to paranoid and bat shit crazy. The crazy ones just tend to go really far off the deep end with their anti-typology rants.

The boxes aren't prisons because they can be molded and rearranged to fit one's personal idiosyncracies. The boxes don't really even say much about anyone's opinions on specific issues; they just describe the way people build their worldviews and perspectives. That leaves infinite room for a variety of perspectives within every type.

If you think typology labels box you in too much, you probably don't understand the nature of typology labels very well.

G

Ginkgo

INFPs, like every type, run the gamut from balanced and insightful to paranoid and bat shit crazy. The crazy ones just tend to go really far off the deep end with their anti-typology rants.

The boxes aren't prisons because they can be molded and rearranged to fit one's personal idiosyncracies. The boxes don't really even say much about anyone's opinions on specific issues; they just describe the way people build their worldviews and perspectives. That leaves infinite room for a variety of perspectives within every type.

+1

Jaguar, I know you're watching...

WALLWALLWALLWALLWALLWALLWALLWALL.gif

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Just for the record, every post of yours I can remember has been pretty reasonable and balanced.

I am not sure how you have designated yourself as the arbiter of what is "reasonable and balanced".

I don't agree with the opinion of Victor or Tater on this matter; however, they do have the right to their POV and just because you don't happen to like it does not mean they can't express it.

Just as you have expressed yours.

Although this has just been a game to you and to Tater, I think.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Simulatedworld, you're not a God. Stop blowing yourself up so much, you aren't the judge as to what is considered balanced or reasonable. And you aren't the judge as to how people think and view typology, so nice try. Your attempts have just made me realize that I hate dicks with big egoes. bye.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was just wondering, if your pants fit, are you in prison?

Yeah, I know, imperfect analogy, because, hey, who wouldn't like to run around without pants, srsly, we should all escape that confinement, but lets' just say pants are useful things, helpful in times of crisis, like say, an erection outside a kindergarten, then pants would keep you out of prison, right?

So, if the type fits, stay away from small children.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

To be fair, all types are capable of being bat shit crazy, and many types are capable of being paranoid.

Fi and Ne often puts a high value in personal, creative expression. So those that disagree with typology are going to make it a point to do it in as unique a manner as possible. In which case, they may decide to take the idea of disagreeing with MBTI up to an art form.

Believe it or not, the user may not be as crazy as they appear. Of course, creative expression of Fi turned on such a topic is going to frustrate Ti.

If you think typology labels box you in too much, you probably don't understand the nature of typology labels very well.

I don't view the boxes as prisons. However, I don't feel the need to mold and fix the boxes around every nuance that I have, either. Application of the functions is tricky business, and after a point, I just don't really care anymore.

G

Ginkgo

Simulatedworld, you're not a God. Stop blowing yourself up so much, you aren't the judge as to what is considered balanced or reasonable. And you aren't the judge as to how people think and view typology, so nice try. Your attempts have just made me realize that I hate dicks with big egoes. bye.

He is the mediator of his own opinions about the system; and for that he doesn't deserve condescending remarks. If he observes behavior about people, then he has the liberty to propose his conclusions. Whether they are true or false is a different argument.

Everyone should hold the right to express opinion; as this may be the only opinion worth holding. If you have a bone to pick, then...

ROUND ONE.... FIGHT

slidingmidgets.gif

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HA! This thread is great, if only to demonstrate that the Fe v. Fi conflict can lead to WWIII on TypoC.

Freaking awesome.

Wow, observing people can be so interesting.

That's why I love this place.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I know that was a sweeping generalization).