• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Public Service Announcement to Paranoid Fi doms

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is funny and strange considering INFPs are one of the most common types to become fascinated by MBTI - not just a casual interest, but to the point of joining these message boards, reading book after book on it, and theorizing and analyzing it all ad nauseam. Not to mention, Isabel Myers was Fi-dom!!!

Besides Mystic Tater and Victor, what Fi-doms here are crusading against MBTI? Most of us eat it up and ask for seconds.

There are several other members with blank types who make comments about MBTI being "bad" or whatever, and it's clear they are not Fi-dom, or even Fi-aux. Perceptions are skewed....

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Two INFPs got me involved in MBTI.

It's all their fault I'm here. :D

INFPs get blamed for every emotional outburst anyone has ever had.
MBTI gets blamed for people being unhappy with themselves.
It's awesome.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
the appropriate response might get me banned :(
probably not worth it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is funny and strange considering INFPs are one of the most common types to become fascinated by MBTI - not just a casual interest, but to the point of joining these message boards, reading book after book on it, and theorizing and analyzing it all ad nauseam. Not to mention, Isabel Myers was Fi-dom!!!

Besides Mystic Tater and Victor, what Fi-doms here are crusading against MBTI? Most of us eat it up and ask for seconds.
I think the thread is specifically aimed at those two (and any others like them who might be out there), and not all Fi doms.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the thread is specifically aimed at those two (and any others who might be out there), and not all Fi doms.

+1

That probably won't stop them from taking it personally, though.

You know what they say..

What you hate in others is what you dislike in yourself.

I think I'm gonna take your username's advice on this one.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
In some ways I think it might upset people to realize that people are complex, unpredictable, and there is not a way to define and predict that behavior with much certainty. MBTI provides a way to systematically think of people and so it can be hard to let go of or to consider other possibilities. MBTI labels or not, people are chaotic. We all have to deal with that fact.

Change the x to j already.

The F perspective is F. It's part of the system that F stuff be validated rather than questioned. So this theme of complexity and chaos. Which is to say, the analytical probe officially stops at the level of "F exists".

But for example, the yen for authenticity is a predictable component of this chaos. As is the wish for validation. As is the fear of abstract modelling. Abstract modelling neither validates nor authenticates. At least not directly. In fact it seems to dis-authenticate. It can get to seeming anti-F. And in that sense, Victor and Mystic are right: putting one's faith in the abstract system takes one too far away from reality. Especially if one's reality is already that far away from depersonalised truth.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good question, Elaur.

While I can't identify with the exact character of SW's Fi complaints, I can offer my own frustration at having my internal emotional states erroneously dissected and examined by a third party.

Not that this necessarily aligns with an Fi-specific complaint, but when it happens, it often rapidly changes the context of the conversation when my (presumed) anger over a given topic is mistaken for a subconscious, quasi-Freudian projection over some unexplored angst.

It seems terribly pretentious and judgmental. What's more, it sidebars the conversation into a weird psychological space that rarely resembles the fundamental point we'd been discussing up to that point. Talk about obfuscation.

It's a real buzz kill.

This.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eric B said:
I think the thread is specifically aimed at those two (and any others who might be out there), and not all Fi doms.

That probably won't stop them from taking it personally, though.

Then why not address it to them personally?

This thread is as ridiculous as the anti MBTI one.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No angry Fi fueled flare-up yet? I'd oblige, but I'm too busy laughing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just want to throw in that Simulated World actually has some very astute observations about Fi, I've learned a great deal from him, and the comparisons others made to similar problems with Ti are also valid.

Being afraid of being boxed in by evil Te has something to do with the inferior Te in IxFPs.

The problem is, of course, that the people who need to hear it most quickly dismiss it simply because he doesn't present it in a palatable, let-me-tiptoe-around-your-feelings format.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
No, typology is not an evil conspiracy intended to subvert your right to individuality and self-expression.

No, any and all attempts to categorize anything about your belief system or behavioral tendencies do not constitute a malevolent international plot to rid the world of original ideas.

No, you're not so extraordinarily unique and special and unusual that your personality automatically defies all forms categorization and analysis.

No, typology is not turning the world into nineteen eighty-fucking-four.

No, studying typology does not ruin your ability to feel emotion or appreciate others on a personal basis.

Yeah, we get it already--you're so special and original and creative that you can't possibly be boxed into one of sixteen arbitrarily distinguished categories [no matter how broadly defined they might be]! Yeah, we get it--you have paranoid delusions that any such categorization will turn everyone into robotic slaves to the evil Te agenda to squelch all forms of self-expression.

And yes, everyone realizes how emotionally threatened you are by any attempt at categorizing your personality and realizes you're having a histrionic meltdown over nothing when you make these kinds of outlandish claims.

The solution, you ask? Grow up, stop taking everything as a deliberate attack on your super special unique feelings, and get real.

Your friend,

simulatedworld

Sorry paranoid Fi doms ---you KNOW I love you...

I REALLY DO....I SWEAR. :hug: :hug: :hug:

But.....

Yeah......

+1

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then why not address it to them personally?

This thread is as ridiculous as the anti MBTI one.

It's addressed to paranoid Fi doms. If you're not a paranoid Fi dom, you have no reason to believe it's directed at you.

And please, this thread is a far cry from the ludicrous conspiracy theories we've heard from them. Good try, but no.

The problem is, of course, that the people who need to hear it most quickly dismiss it simply because he doesn't present it in a palatable, let-me-tiptoe-around-your-feelings format.

You're not too bad at astute observations yourself! :yes:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Besides Victor, what other similar paranoid Fi dom members are you talking about? One or two others? Maybe you're paranoid about the number of paranoid anti-typology Fi's on the forum.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe he cant tell a lunatic from a drunk lunatic, which can in the end decide about life !

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Besides Victor, what other similar paranoid Fi dom members are you talking about? One or two others? Maybe you're paranoid about the number of paranoid anti-typology Fi's on the forum.

I don't recall making any comment whatsoever on the number of anti-typology Fi's on the forum, actually. I simply wrote a post addressing them, however many there may be.

Want to quote wherever you imagined me saying that they somehow constitute a majority of Fi-ers?

They don't; however, every single "omg MBTI is an evil satanic conspiracy!!!!!!!" post I've seen has come from an Fi dom. I don't consider this coincidence given the huge value Fi-ers place on self-expression and how threatened they are by any perceived attempt to box them in.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't recall making any comment whatsoever on the number of anti-typology Fi's on the forum, actually. I simply wrote a post addressing them, however many there may be.

Seems like this is just about Victor. It would have helped if you had one or two others to point at.

Want to quote wherever you imagined me saying that they somehow constitute a majority of Fi-ers?

Want to quote were I said you think they constitute a majority of Fi-ers? I just said you are paranoid about the number of them.

They don't; however, every single "omg MBTI is an evil satanic conspiracy!!!!!!!" post I've seen has come from an Fi dom. I don't consider this coincidence given the huge value Fi-ers place on self-expression and how threatened they are by any perceived attempt to box them in.

INFPs can definitely be big on conspiracy theories. I've known several IRL like that. Never seen an ISFP big on it though.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seems like this is just about Victor. It would have helped if you had one or two others to point at.

Check out Mystic Tater's "Why MBTI is Death For Society" thread.

Want to quote were I said you think they constitute a majority of Fi-ers? I just said you are paranoid about the number of them.

If I made no comment on the number of them, how on earth do you reason that I'm paranoid about it? You don't even know how many I think there are. :shock:

INFPs can definitely be big on conspiracy theories. I've known several IRL like that. Never seen an ISFP big on it though.

For ISFPs it usually happens when Ni overtakes Se--as in Victor's case.