First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I've always wondered how chunks of the forum could gain such ridiculous perceptions of INFPs.

Now I know.

For paranoid Fi doms, very possibly. Not sure where unstable Fi-doms fit in the mix, though.

I think what happens in this case is that MBTI is initially respected and appreciated because it helps us learn about ourselves. See, boxes are nice because they are nice, controlled environments that don't have lots of variables and distractions. Many IxFPs eventually realize, though, that they need to step out of the box if they wish to continue to grow.

Others, however, start to view that box as a prison.

Just for the record, every post of yours I can remember has been pretty reasonable and balanced.

INFPs, like every type, run the gamut from balanced and insightful to paranoid and bat shit crazy. The crazy ones just tend to go really far off the deep end with their anti-typology rants.

The boxes aren't prisons because they can be molded and rearranged to fit one's personal idiosyncracies. The boxes don't really even say much about anyone's opinions on specific issues; they just describe the way people build their worldviews and perspectives. That leaves infinite room for a variety of perspectives within every type.

If you think typology labels box you in too much, you probably don't understand the nature of typology labels very well.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

kthnx.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFPs, like every type, run the gamut from balanced and insightful to paranoid and bat shit crazy. The crazy ones just tend to go really far off the deep end with their anti-typology rants.

The boxes aren't prisons because they can be molded and rearranged to fit one's personal idiosyncracies. The boxes don't really even say much about anyone's opinions on specific issues; they just describe the way people build their worldviews and perspectives. That leaves infinite room for a variety of perspectives within every type.
    +1

Jaguar, I know you're watching...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Just for the record, every post of yours I can remember has been pretty reasonable and balanced.
    I am not sure how you have designated yourself as the arbiter of what is "reasonable and balanced".

I don't agree with the opinion of Victor or Tater on this matter; however, they do have the right to their POV and just because you don't happen to like it does not mean they can't express it.

Just as you have expressed yours.

Although this has just been a game to you and to Tater, I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Simulatedworld, you're not a God. Stop blowing yourself up so much, you aren't the judge as to what is considered balanced or reasonable. And you aren't the judge as to how people think and view typology, so nice try. Your attempts have just made me realize that I hate dicks with big egoes. bye.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ

I was just wondering, if your pants fit, are you in prison?

Yeah, I know, imperfect analogy, because, hey, who wouldn't like to run around without pants, srsly, we should all escape that confinement, but lets' just say pants are useful things, helpful in times of crisis, like say, an erection outside a kindergarten, then pants would keep you out of prison, right?

So, if the type fits, stay away from small children.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I am not sure how you have designated yourself as the arbiter of what is "reasonable and balanced".
    He didn't and he's not. That's us INTPs.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

To be fair, all types are capable of being bat shit crazy, and many types are capable of being paranoid.

Fi and Ne often puts a high value in personal, creative expression. So those that disagree with typology are going to make it a point to do it in as unique a manner as possible. In which case, they may decide to take the idea of disagreeing with MBTI up to an art form.

Believe it or not, the user may not be as crazy as they appear. Of course, creative expression of Fi turned on such a topic is going to frustrate Ti.

If you think typology labels box you in too much, you probably don't understand the nature of typology labels very well.
    I don't view the boxes as prisons. However, I don't feel the need to mold and fix the boxes around every nuance that I have, either. Application of the functions is tricky business, and after a point, I just don't really care anymore.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Simulatedworld, you're not a God. Stop blowing yourself up so much, you aren't the judge as to what is considered balanced or reasonable. And you aren't the judge as to how people think and view typology, so nice try. Your attempts have just made me realize that I hate dicks with big egoes. bye.
    He is the mediator of his own opinions about the system; and for that he doesn't deserve condescending remarks. If he observes behavior about people, then he has the liberty to propose his conclusions. Whether they are true or false is a different argument.

Everyone should hold the right to express opinion; as this may be the only opinion worth holding. If you have a bone to pick, then...

ROUND ONE.... FIGHT

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

HA! This thread is great, if only to demonstrate that the Fe v. Fi conflict can lead to WWIII on TypoC.

Freaking awesome.

Wow, observing people can be so interesting.

That's why I love this place.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I know that was a sweeping generalization).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.