User Tag List

First 364445464748 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    INTP Central: we snack on Fi-doms, then kill a bunch of kittens for sport.
    Maybe it's time to move up on the food chain.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    STP

To give you a heads up on Ji in general. Both are very personal and both are subjective. This makes it very hard to explain unless you are in our shoes and honestly it gets slammed alot, both Ti and Fi. This is my biggest issue is that I make every decision based on an internal subjective view of the world and it screws up alot. Ti more so in regards to feelings and Fi more so in regards to logic. To work with us you MUST have an open mind to listen, to understand, to correct, and to work with. We need perception so we can make our own subjective decisions.

With Fi you must watch and protect its Te, with Ti you must watch and protect its Fe. With an EP type, their Fe and Te is how they protect themselves so you must back down instead of fighting it when it becomes defensive. With inferior Fe and Te its like a child that you must care for and teach. This applies to inferior Fi and Ti as well.

Sim, One key piece of advice when dealing with people. ONLY criticize or make fun of what you accept in them. Understand what you dont accept instead of trying to blame, criticize, fight, etc. If you hit a sensitive spot, protect it, accept it. Once you learn how to do that you can then push them over the edge and in the same breath catch them as they fall.

subjective (s?b-j?k't?v)
    adj. 1.
    a.Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.

b.Particular to a given person; personal: subjective experience.

2.Moodily introspective.

3.Existing only in the mind; illusory.

4.Psychology Existing only within the experiencer's mind.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

poki, do you think Ti more frequently claims to be objective, despite the fact that both Ti and Fi are of subjective origin?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with you.
    What was your first clue? Lol.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    poki, do you think Ti more frequently claims to be objective, despite the fact that both Ti and Fi are of subjective origin?
    ob?jec?tive??/?b?d??kt?v/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uhb-jek-tiv] Show IPA
    Use objective in a Sentence
    See images of objective
    Search objective on the Web
    noun 1. something that one's efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish; purpose; goal; target: the objective of a military attack; the objective of a fund-raising drive.
    My objective is Fe. I will try to play with how you feel and understand it. This is where me and sim have the same purpose and objective. We both watch how people respond emotionally to things and try to understand so we can better be able to control others emotionally. Know what makes them laugh, smile, fear, run, etc. I do this through experience by trying different things out and seeing how that person responds. Similiar to how Fi and Te will play with thoughts and see how someone responds.

I think people who claim to be objective have a desire to be objective. I think that this judgement of oneself to be objective is driven subjectively.

edit:
    objective: not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.
    To me someones feelings are unbiased, are not up for interpretation and should be taken as they are. They are not right or wrong, it just is.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ thanks for that. Interesting indeed.

To refine, if the interpretation of objective (in this context) is to mean "not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion."

And with the origins of both Fi and Ti being subjective in nature, would it not be an oxymoron for Ti users to claim themselves to be more objective, more rational?

Do you think this so?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok..my post vanished..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

To refine, if the interpretation of objective (in this context) is to mean "not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion."

And with the origins of both Fi and Ti being subjective in nature, would it not be an oxymoron for Ti users to claim themselves to be more objective, more rational?

Do you think this so?
    Objective/subjective in MBTI mean different things than the more casual usage of the terms. Fi and Ti are both rational. Fi and Ti are both subjective. Feelings/morals are personal, subjective. Logic is impersonal, objective. Fi users tend to be attracted to moral systems, while Ti users tend to be attracted to logical ones, and both users incorporate the values and principles of those systems into their own frameworks of judging analysis.

I do think TPs tend to be more objective/rational than FPs in the common usage of the terms, but in MBTI terms they're equivalent in subjectivity and rationality.

MBTI
    STP

Do you think this so?
    I think Ti is very rational and I would pit my ability to rationalize even the most irrational things against anyone. I can take rationalizing to an absurd level. I would never claim to be objective as I live in my head and realize that I dont have enough information to be objective. There is simply to much that is hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Objective/subjective in MBTI mean different things than the more casual usage of the terms. Fi and Ti are both rational. Fi and Ti are both subjective. Feelings/morals are personal, subjective. Logic is impersonal, objective. Fi users tend to be attracted to moral systems, while Ti users tend to be attracted to logical ones, and both users incorporate the values and principles of those systems into their own frameworks of judging analysis.

I do think TPs tend to be more objective/rational than FPs in the common usage of the terms, but in MBTI terms they're equivalent in subjectivity and rationality.
    So...

Te is objective and rational
    Ti is subjective and rational
    Fe is objective and irrational
    Fi is subjective and irrational

This is pretty much what I notice. I would say that TPs can seem irrational externally as Fe is irrational when they are trying to work with others feelings.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    CAT

Hmm... *cheesy alert * so, can I assume that Ti-doms believe that the world is governed by the universal law of logic, and Fi-doms believe that the world is governed by the universal law of... love? ^^;;;

No wonder we clash.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme