User Tag List

First 334142434445 Last

Results 421 to 430 of 491

  1. #421
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    So do other people, including Fi users. Lots of people use these forum as an "outlet" and behave slightly differently than they would in their life. That pretty much sums up what's wrong with the Internet...you know,that, and pop-up ads.







    Actually, I question your posts (or rather your methods) constantly and roll my eyes at your posts a lot. It usually stops there because it happens so much it wouldn't even be worth it. I actually began avoiding this thread when I saw as the days passed you became increasingly and increasingly more obnoxious. I should have stayed with that impulse.





    But you purposely insult people. You purposely started this thread to create drama. Anyone can see that, not just NFPs. It's just that INFPs are more likely to see an insult even when you stop. There have been numerous occasions when you were being reasonable in other discussions that INFPs really were being ridiculous. However, in this thread, you were fucking trolling and provoking people, and you've already admitted it, so please stop it with the "oversensitivity" line.

    What is up with your mission to convert NFPs to your way of thinking anyway? Fe dom messiah much?
    Or, to convert it to Ti-Fe language: it ain't about you, son. Stop being a selfish ass and thinking of the board solely as it relates to your personal gain. Realize that it's just as much their board as it is your social experiment.

    That's the last straightforward thing I have to say on the subject; from now on, it's just trolling the trolls.

  2. #422
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    As I've explained before I use the forum as an outlet because I can experiment with people's reactions here without burning bridges with real people.
    P.S. Someone with sharper Ni than me (who shall remain nameless) noticed your usage of the bolded words.

    People on this forum are REAL people, we're all human beings here (well, except for the occasional evil robot...) and I'm sure it hasn't escaped you that people form "real" friendships and even lasting relationships via the Internet all of the time.

    One of my friends put it as thus, "The Internet is the new barn dance or church social."

  3. #423
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    The people here on the forum are real people, though. You can't say with certainty if or when the two will overlap. A little civility has no place here? Not offended; just curious.
    I do use a little civility...sometimes. Other times I don't. I usually start off neutral with new people and go from there, but if you show what I perceive as oversensitivity, I'm probably going to poke at that for humor value/to make a point. If you met me in real life we'd probably get along just fine; the internet has different rules.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Yes, that's a good discernment on your part. I think perhaps you should refine your statements on Fi to say that likely hot buttons exist for individual Fi users whereby we turn extra scrutiny on the topic at hand if it alerts our personal radar. Not that we read something into EVERYTHING you say. But when you say something that sounds ill-informed, bigoted, or stereotypical we feel a need to peel away your generalization and reveal it as a falsehood.

    Personally, I can get pretty ferocious and passionate in those situations.
    Thanks for admitting this.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Sure they do, so do you. And don't turn back on me and say "of course I know that."
    Actually this part was just a smart ass correction of marm's grammar in a wall post she made to me. She said, "Everyone sees what they want to."


    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    As an alternate conclusion, did it not occur to you that they all "know" better? That engaging in this type of dialogue is just a waste of their time, energy and emotion because they'll never be able to convince you otherwise? I'm just saying there may be many more reasons why they chose not to get involved. Many INFP's didn't get involved not because they saw rationality in your conclusions, but because they know from experience that this will be a hard, circular style argument where "feelings" wouldn't be a priority.
    Could be, but I find it more likely that SFPs just don't go out of their way to get offended the way NFPs do because they're not trying so hard to read between the lines that they pick up messages that aren't there.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    It takes two to tango, two to misunderstand, two to fight. Why add fuel? Why provoke? Again, not offended; just curious. It can't possibly be much fun at this point.
    I think I've already explained this.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #424
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    So do other people, including Fi users. Lots of people use these forum as an "outlet" and behave slightly differently than they would in their life. That pretty much sums up what's wrong with the Internet...you know,that, and pop-up ads.
    I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with that. The internet serves as an interesting simulated world, doesn't it? Fi users are just as free as everyone else to use the internet for social experiments, and I don't hold that against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually, I question your posts (or rather your methods) constantly and roll my eyes at your posts a lot. It usually stops there because it happens so much it wouldn't even be worth it. I actually began avoiding this thread when I saw as the days passed you became increasingly and increasingly more obnoxious. I should have stayed with that impulse.
    Good idea; do that next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But you purposely insult people. You purposely started this thread to create drama. Anyone can see that, not just NFPs. It's just that INFPs are more likely to see an insult even when you stop. There have been numerous occasions when you were being reasonable in other discussions that INFPs really were being ridiculous. However, in this thread, you were fucking trolling and provoking people, and you've already admitted it, so please stop it with the "oversensitivity" line.
    Both are true--sometimes I am trolling, but that doesn't mean INFPs are never overly sensitive. I'm not always trolling; it's part of the game because if I intentionally troll sometimes, but not all the time, then inevitably INFPs will read the wrong message into what I'm saying sometimes, which helps to illustrate the point that they read too much "between the lines" based on their own personal hunches about others' emotions. It helps to discredit these erroneous reads and show that you really can't read people's emotions very well over the internet.

    I do believe that a lot of them are overly sensitive and I work to illustrate that through trolling sometimes and being sincere other times. But almost everyone in the thread now has admitted that I have a point here in that INFPs are overly sensitive to perceived criticism.

    And yes, I play on that intentionally sometimes, but that doesn't mean INFPs aren't also overly sensitive. It's a combination of both.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What is up with your mission to convert NFPs to your way of thinking anyway? Fe dom messiah much?
    Nah, I think the Fe dom messiah is probably Oprah. My Fe is obviously tertiary and not nearly as competent.

    I don't think I can convert anyone, but I do like setting up NFPs to demonstrate their own fallacious tendencies to other types. Some people think it's funny, even if you don't--and I really don't think any genuine harm is being done. It's all in good fun.


    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    P.S. Someone with sharper Ni than me (who shall remain nameless) noticed your usage of the bolded words.

    People on this forum are REAL people, we're all human beings here (well, except for the occasional evil robot...) and I'm sure it hasn't escaped you that people form "real" friendships and even lasting relationships via the Internet all of the time.

    One of my friends put it as thus, "The Internet is the new barn dance or church social."
    Yep, I've met a number of people on the internet who ended up being real friends (or more.) If some asshole on the internet arguing over pop psychology topics is really offending you that badly, you're probably putting too much stock in my opinion.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #425
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Actually this part was just a smart ass correction of marm's grammar in a wall post she made to me. She said, "Everyone sees what they want to."



    Everyone (or everybody, actually) is plural. So is "they."

    You were correcting as though I had said "each person" or "a man." Plus, the best correction in that case would be "he or she" not "he" you sexist pig!

    Better luck next time.

  6. #426
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Everyone (or everybody, actually) is plural. So is "they."

    You were correcting as though I had said "each person" or "a man." Plus, the best correction in that case would be "he or she" not "he" you sexist pig!

    Better luck next time.
    lol nope. "Everybody" is a collective pronoun, which gets a singular verb. Look it up, English champ. If it were plural, it wouldn't go with singular verbs like "is." Why don't you say, "Everybody are doing this"? Because collective nouns go with singular verbs.

    This is a near ubiquitous grammatical mistake that not many people know about. You actually can't say, "I am taller than him" either; technically the correct form is, "I am taller than he [is.]" "I am taller than him is" doesn't work.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #427
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I do believe that a lot of them are overly sensitive and I work to illustrate that through trolling sometimes and being sincere other times. But almost everyone in the thread now has admitted that I have a point here in that INFPs are overly sensitive to perceived criticism.
    This isn't your point; it's something that pretty much every NF description on the face of the planet points out. You are stating the obvious, so this entire effort of yours has made no contribution whatsoever to any greater understanding of the Feeling types.

    I would say something like "you're right because you're stating what amounts to common knowledge," but you'd take that in some incorrectly ego-boosting way. So I won't.

    Only slightly, but that's not what I meant. I meant that other people seeing them as selfish isn't the reason for balancing--it's more that some people see value in balance for its own sake, regardless of what others think about them.
    I can't deny your anecdotes. However, my own anecdotes would tell me that complete selfishness doesn't get anyone very far and is considered unacceptable.

  8. #428
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol nope. "Everybody" is a collective pronoun, which gets a singular verb.
    They is not a verb - it's a collective pronoun, too. You lose.

  9. #429
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    I could fertilize an entire country with the bullshit in this thread.

  10. #430
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    They is not a verb - it's a collective pronoun, too. You lose.
    No I don't. I didn't say "They" was a verb. "They" is a plural pronoun, not a collective singular pronoun.

    Observe:

    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Public Service Announcement On Password Security
    By highlander in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
  2. What does it really mean to be Fi-dom?
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM
  3. [Fi] are Fi doms prone to paranoia?
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
  4. Public Service Announcement to Future Superheroes
    By Qlip in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 01:46 AM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO