First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

Trust me, there are F type men who get away with not thinking - they're sometimes mollycoddled by their mothers or other family members. There are also T type men, apparently, who get away with having anger problems as though that were their divine right as a man just because they have testosterone.

Plenty of F-type women have to think, because a much smaller percentage of women go straight from their father's house to their husband's house these days.

On one hand I do see your point to a certain degree because of gender expectations which exist in society, on the other hand you're making yourself look ignorant and sexist.
    It's neither ignorant nor sexist to point out inequalities in the way our cultural standards treat gender. I never said I thought it was right that this gender divide should exist; I only observed that it does.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's neither ignorant nor sexist to point out inequalities in the way our cultural standards treat gender. I never said I thought it was right that this gender divide should exist; I only observed that it does.
    You made a ridiculous blanket statement, including saying that you feel sorry for F type men. You're laying on some Fe thick here, Sim. You lost your rational edge somewhere in the middle of this thread.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You made a ridiculous blanket statement, including saying that you feel sorry for F type men. You're laying on some Fe thick here, Sim. You lost your rational edge somewhere in the middle of this thread.
    Derp derp. I said that society finds it more tolerable for F-type women to be overly sensitive and not pay attention to Thinking (as you seem to be doing now) than it does F-type men.

Please take this in the generalized context in which it was intended. Obviously there are going to be exceptions but it's quite apparent that our cultural standards point to this being the case more often than not.

I said I feel sorry for F-type men because societal gender roles make it less permissible for them to be overtly emotional than F-type women.

Try reading what I said and thinking about the implications before you take it personally and start complaining?

P.S.,

I'm well aware that I use and am influenced by Fe. Why do you NFPs keep showing up and pointing that out as if it's going to embarrass me into retracting my viewpoints?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Derp derp. I said that society finds it more tolerable for F-type women to be overly sensitive and not pay attention to Thinking than it does F-type men.

Please take this in the generalized context in which it was intended. Obviously there are going to be exceptions but it's quite apparent that our cultural standards point to this being the case more often than not.

I said I feel sorry for F-type men because societal gender roles make it less permissible for them to be overtly emotional than F-type women.

Try reading what I said and thinking about the implications before you take it personally and start complaining?
    Actually, you said none of those things. You're clarifying now to cover your ass.

I didn't take anything personally. You just don't like being called out on your sloppy bullshit when you consider yourself the king of T, apparently.

heart on fire

In our society Te is more valued, then Fe, then Ti, then Fi.

Fi types are under just as much pressure to develop Fe skills as Ti doms are.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Actually, you said none of those things. You're clarifying now to cover your ass.

I didn't take anything personally. You just don't like being called out on your sloppy bullshit when you consider yourself the king of T, apparently.
    Go read the thread. I'm not going to take responsibility for your poor reading comprehension.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Go read the thread. I'm not going to take responsibility for your poor reading comprehension.
    I think you need to go back to college so that the bulk of your arguments are no longer composed of hyperbole and ad hominem attacks.

Whoops! Did I just make an ad hominem attack myself? That must be because I'm an F woman! What's your excuse?

You just don't like being called out on your sloppy bullshit when you consider yourself the king of T, apparently.
    What a lovely example of keen insight.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I think you need to go back to college so that the bulk of your arguments are no longer composed of hyperbole and ad hominem attacks.

Whoops! Did I just make an ad hominem attack myself? That must be because I'm an F woman! What's your excuse?
    That's exactly what I said:

^ Good point in that there is probably a gender component to this as well.

F-type women are going to get away with ignoring Thinking much moreso than F-type men (for whom I genuinely feel sorry.)
    See? I mentioned gender role expectations in reference to nolla's post above mine, and then I said that it's more acceptable for F-type women to emphasize F to the exclusion of T than it is for F-type men. That's like...word for word, exactly what I said. Who are you kidding here?

Did I say that all (or even most) F-type women are likely to ignore Thinking? No.

Did I say that F-type women are somehow incapable of using Thinking? No.

All I said is that our societal gender expectations consider it more acceptable for women to use F to the exclusion of T than it is for men. I don't know what else you imagined me saying, but you can plainly see if you reread the thread that it's not there.

this thread should be napalmed
    Hello