User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Fi is short for FIGHT and long for F.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I've already addressed this repeatedly. The fact that you don't think I see the value in politeness/manners seems to suggest that you haven't really understood anything I've said here. It's not that I don't see the value; it's that the conditions present here don't present any real benefit in it.
    Then why are you still forcing the issue, you see some benefit in continuing this. I can here your next statement "but mommy, she started it"

Once again, I've made a deliberate decision to be abrasive in a lot of my forum posts. I'll sugar coat my language when there's something to be gained from it, but not when the worst possible consequence is offending a bunch of overly sensitive NFPs on an internet forum.
    Your abrasiveness limits the possibilities to be gained from it. You kill your threads just as much as others do. It takes 2 to tango, you should learn to own BOTH your actions AND the cause of them. But you know what, once you truly do that then your abrasiveness would disappear, your to lazy though to deal with things without being abrasive so you continue to blame others as this gives you a reason to be abrasive.

This kind of lazy response on your part is not likely to encourage any more politeness from my end, btw.
    This is like the pot calling The kettle black. And no I am not talking about a stainless steel pot, but an actual black pot, probably teflon in this day and age.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Then why are you still forcing the issue, you see some benefit in continuing this. I can here your next statement "but mommy, she started it"
    Because I find arguing entertaining. Who started it is entirely irrelevant; I'd be arguing either way. I'm not "defending my honor" or anything silly like that. My honor isn't really threatened by an internet forum argument. It's just mindless fun.

Your abrasiveness limits the possibilities to be gained from it. You kill your threads just as much as others do. It takes 2 to tango, you should learn to own BOTH your actions AND the cause of them. But you know what, once you truly do that then your abrasiveness would disappear, your to lazy though to deal with things without being abrasive so you continue to blame others as this gives you a reason to be abrasive.
    The cause is simple: Forums are a great place to get out the stuff you wish you could say in real life but can't for fear of retribution.

I'm irritated with a lot of Fi-ers both in real life and on the internet, but in real life I find ways to get along with them because I have to for practical reasons.

Here I just don't bother filtering myself. It's quite liberating; you should try it some time.

This is like the pot calling The kettle black. And no I am not talking about a stainless steel pot, but an actual black pot, probably teflon in this day and age.
    I don't judge anybody else for being abrasive on an internet forum. It's just an internet forum. Lots of people use it for purposes of entertaining themselves by arguing pointless shit with anonymous strangers, myself included.

I'm just one of the few with enough honesty to admit to enjoying it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    STP

Because I find arguing entertaining. Who started it is entirely irrelevant; I'd be arguing either way. I'm not "defending my honor" or anything silly like that.

The cause is simple: Forums are a great place to get out the stuff you wish you could say in real life but can't for fear of retribution.

I'm irritated with a lot of Fi-ers both in real life and on the internet, but in real life I find ways to get along with them because I have to for practical reasons.

Here I just don't bother filtering myself. It's quite liberating; you should try it some time.

I don't judge anybody else for being abrasive on an internet forum. It's just an internet forum. Lots of people use it for purposes of entertaining themselves by arguing pointless shit with anonymous strangers, myself included.

I'm just one of the few with enough honesty to admit to enjoying it.
    eh, im getting kinda bored argueing with you, my lack of inferior Si doesnt create that comfort, but boredom. I am half tempted to start copying and pasting when I argue with you. While Fi wants to be thought of as unqiue, you really are not
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    xNFP

Mommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The big, bad ENTP is back.

(Reminds me of the scene from Grumpy Old Men, when the old dad re-tells the Goldilocks story, "And then Goldilocks got out her Remington semi-automatic rifle - and that was the end of the three bears.")
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

eh, im getting kinda bored argueing with you, my lack of inferior Si doesnt create that comfort, but boredom. I am half tempted to start copying and pasting when I argue with you. While Fi wants to be thought of as unqiue, you really are not
    lol, that's how I feel when arguing with peacebaby.

Rest assured arguing on an internet forum is just a way of staving off boredom anyway.

When it comes to arguing on forums for entertainment, no, what I'm doing is absolutely not unique at all.

Which is why it's so strange to me that people so frequently misread my intentions.

The only difference between most forum arguers and me is that I openly admit that it's purely a game for entertainment purposes. Lots of others try to make some pretense at being compelled to defend their honor when others start arguments with them, but...me? I just like arguing.

Word of caution to anyone: ENTPs love having the last word. So feed the fire at your own discretion.

MBTI
    xNFP

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GROWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SNARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Word of caution to anyone: ENTPs love having the last word. So feed the fire at your own discretion.
    Not true.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Nuh uh!!!