User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 491

  1. #191
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Actually,

    Ti = gets us to the moon.

    Fi = gets us large T.E. Lawrence forum signatures!
    You love it. Come on. Cut the crap.

    We love your weird-ass moon shit, and you love us weird poetry-reading daydreaming farts.

    Just no one admits it.

    (For the record, I still think you XNTPs are awesome even if you are cacti).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  2. #192
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Best posts ITT belong to toonia.
    OP sounds hysterical and illogical.
    Any type can be paranoid.
    MBTI's 16 type system is flawed and incomplete (as any attempt at holistic personality categorization will be).
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning The System.



    /end
    Agreed. The best post was definitely toonia's, and this thread is quite sad.

    Trying to categorize values and feelings about things makes one dissociate from them altogether. You can box all the values in this world into a Fi box, say that Fi is a nuisance and throw them out of the window; you'll throw away a very significant portion of all myths, religions and literature, but apparently you won't mind.

    Why do you hate Fi so much? Do you perceive it useless, threatening or what? Well, most people in this society do - Te and Ti are definitely more highly regarded in this world. Ideals, feelings, emotions, values, heart... We're encouraged to get rid of them because they won't get us anywhere and they're not "logical". I don't see any reason why they should be logical - they were not made to be logical, they make sense of the world in a wholly different way that you perhaps don't fully understand, and maybe that's what annoys you.

    I find that NTPs often feel they're superior because they can make a logical sense of and understand just about everything... But then I talk with my NTP friends about books written by Fi writers and find out they didn't get the main idea at all. Suddenly their brilliant brain couldn't make sense of the most basic thing. Perhaps it's like that with your view of Fi in general; maybe you just missed the point. Perhaps you should stop bashing and try to understand, as Amargith suggested?
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

  3. #193
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    :yim_rolling_on_the_ hahahaha, large T.E. Lawrence signaturs ftw
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #194
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    You love it. Come on. Cut the crap.

    We love your weird-ass moon shit, and you love us weird poetry-reading daydreaming farts.

    Just no one admits it.

    (For the record, I still think you XNTPs are awesome even if you are cacti).
    Well, there are... wait a minute!

    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!

    You almost got me!

  5. #195
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Well, there are... wait a minute!

    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!
    Fi-TRAP!!!

    You almost got me!
    Too awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ hahahaha, large T.E. Lawrence signaturs ftw
    Yeah, I saw that. RAWRRRRRRRRRR
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #196
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Actually,

    Ti = gets us to the moon.

    Fi = gets us large T.E. Lawrence forum signatures!


    THERE! Are you happy now?

    GOOD!

    And from now on, you're officially known as Mr. Cactus.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #197
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    THERE! Are you happy now?

    GOOD!

    And from now on, you're officially known as Mr. Cactus.
    New usertitle!

  8. #198
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Sorry!
    But it was the perfect illustration! (And true to what I was saying, I was looking more at the aspects of the theory you were conveying, than you personally, in the "lab" analysis!)
    Yep, you have a good point and it aligns pretty well with the Fi+Te vs. Ti+Fe models that I use. My conception of logic is internal and ethics external; for Fi+Te people, it is the opposite.

    This creates a lot of clashes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Best posts ITT belong to toonia.
    OP sounds hysterical and illogical.
    Any type can be paranoid.
    MBTI's 16 type system is flawed and incomplete (as any attempt at holistic personality categorization will be).
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning The System.
    No, but there is something wrong with the terrible reading comprehension you've shown here...

    A) I never said non-Fi types couldn't be paranoid. I even stated repeatedly that most Fi doms are not paranoid. Learn to read.
    B) I stated in thread that I find MBTI inadequate and a gross oversimplification of Jung's theories. Learn to read.
    C) I never said there was anything wrong with questioning the system; I'm just irritated with some of the ludicrous conspiracy theories certain Fi doms have assigned to the concept of categorizing personality type. Learn to read.


    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Agreed. The best post was definitely toonia's, and this thread is quite sad.

    Trying to categorize values and feelings about things makes one dissociate from them altogether. You can box all the values in this world into a Fi box, say that Fi is a nuisance and throw them out of the window; you'll throw away a very significant portion of all myths, religions and literature, but apparently you won't mind.
    I never said that Fi is totally worthless. You guys are stretching really far to invent straw men to burn--but they're purely your own inventions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Why do you hate Fi so much? Do you perceive it useless, threatening or what? Well, most people in this society do - Te and Ti are definitely more highly regarded in this world. Ideals, feelings, emotions, values, heart... We're encouraged to get rid of them because they won't get us anywhere and they're not "logical". I don't see any reason why they should be logical - they were not made to be logical, they make sense of the world in a wholly different way that you perhaps don't fully understand, and maybe that's what annoys you.
    I don't hate it so much as find a lot of its positions irritating and unreasonable. I don't claim to fully understand it--there's another straw man you pulled out of your ass, like 95% of your post here.

    All I said was that paranoid Fi doms are being ridiculous when they invent over-the-top conspiracy theories about personality categorization.

    Note that this doesn't address non-paranoid Fi doms (who I've stated repeatedly are a majority), nor does it completely dismiss the value in Fi, nor does it say anything about hating Fi people. You filled in all of those blanks yourself. (And conveniently supported my ongoing hypothesis that Fi+Ne bends over backwards to imagine hostility when none is actually there.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I find that NTPs often feel they're superior because they can make a logical sense of and understand just about everything... But then I talk with my NTP friends about books written by Fi writers and find out they didn't get the main idea at all. Suddenly their brilliant brain couldn't make sense of the most basic thing. Perhaps it's like that with your view of Fi in general; maybe you just missed the point. Perhaps you should stop bashing and try to understand, as Amargith suggested?
    Great, anecdotal evidence ftw. Sorry if I don't buy that Ti is somehow less capable of literary analysis. We can pick out what theme an author was trying to convey even if we don't share a first-person perspective that feels the same way.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #199
    Senior Member Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    crap
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No, but there is something wrong with the terrible reading comprehension you've shown here...

    A) I never said non-Fi types couldn't be paranoid. I even stated repeatedly that most Fi doms are not paranoid. Learn to read.
    B) I stated in thread that I find MBTI inadequate and a gross oversimplification of Jung's theories. Learn to read.
    C) I never said there was anything wrong with questioning the system; I'm just irritated with some of the ludicrous conspiracy theories certain Fi doms have assigned to the concept of categorizing personality type. Learn to read.
    I would comment, but...


  10. #200
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yep, you have a good point and it aligns pretty well with the Fi+Te vs. Ti+Fe models that I use. My conception of logic is internal and ethics external; for Fi+Te people, it is the opposite.

    This creates a lot of clashes.
    I like to think of them as bloody Te wars where I sacrifice entps to the sungod!

    well maybe only the boy ones as I like the girl ones.


Similar Threads

  1. Public Service Announcement On Password Security
    By highlander in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
  2. What does it really mean to be Fi-dom?
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM
  3. [Fi] are Fi doms prone to paranoia?
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
  4. Public Service Announcement to Future Superheroes
    By Qlip in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 01:46 AM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO