User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Oops, looks like I interrupted some fluff stuff.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well fuck a duck.
    Edit: Ferk a derk. (for the Fi users)
    ^ wouldn't say it's an Fi thing; just a me thing

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    My name should be 'Fluffster' but everyone would confuse me with 'Jeffster', and that wouldn't be good because then a bunch of women would flirt with me. Besides, the name makes it sound like I fart all the time, which I don't, so it would be misrepresentative, which would trouble the Fi users and make the Ti users grumpy because it's not representing objective truth.

So. My name's just Little Linguist.

If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You said above that the only part of MBTI you use is the code. So I take it you don't get much into cognitive dynamics. I'm trying to remember if you're one of the people who has criticized or dismissed it in past discussions when I've mentioned it.
    But I think that is the perfect explanation of what is going on here.

Categorization based on purely logical things (with people treated as things, rather than "unique individuals") is associated with Ti. To a dominant Fi type, Ti is the 8th function (not in strength, but in the ego's ranking order), paired by Beebe with Jung's "demon" archetype. IT can even come off as evil, because it is so opposed to their dominant, or "heroic" system of personal classification. Their preferred world of judgment is internal. They have rejected logical considerations from that world, and chose values instead (and will turn to the outside world when they need logical considerations; hence using it's lack of "empirical" credibility to put it down). You've likewise rejected values from the internal world, and chosen logic, (and will turn to the outside world for values; hence addressing this publicly).
    I myself had the same problem, when I was in the process of learning all this stuff (ironically), and had stumbled into a heavy Fi environment, that would listen to "experts" discuss type theory, but not want to hear it from anyone else, unless it was strictly how it applied personally.

You can clearly see the root of the clash in these responses:

You can see that the Fi even works basically the same way as Ti, by breaking things down to their base parts, retesting the model it forms, etc. The difference is that for Fi, those parts will be the "personal" elements she mentions, to understand the person better, and categorize according to things such as emotions; where Ti will break down the theory into its parts, to understand it better, and then use it to categorize the people. This is seen by them as cold and impersonal. For us, we don't usually seem to react to the personal scrutiny quite they way they react, but instead seem to brush it off more; perhaps as "irrelevant".

So instead, you're reacting to their reaction, which is their heroic Fi trying to slay the Ti demon. Fi, to your type, is the 7th place "trickster", which is the "bad child" complex. And that's exactly how you're reacting to them. Like these "bad children" disrupting the forum, "whining" (as you call it; a definite allusion to scolding a child) about MBTI, and then "parenting" these children with your Thinking, (and complaining back, with your own "childlike" Fe).

Overall, many Fi users will overlook the impersonal categorization and enjoy the personal reflection the theory provides. Victor and now Tater; I'm not sure where exactly they're coming from, or what they want in all of this.

To the op: as an Fe that initial thread wreaks of Fe. You are just trying to hit Fi, but you forget that you are hitting the same thing verbally that you are logically attacking. You miss the effect of the way you say things for the what exactly you are attacking, hitting Fi users in 2 different ways at the same time. Please learn how to effectivley counter Ti with Fe.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Been there. I don't always realize when I'm in a pillow fight. Oh gee.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    xNFP

Pillow fights can be fun. There should be more of them, in my opinion. Then people stop bitching about stupid shit that doesn't matter.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

*smack Little Linguist with a pillow filled with spikes* Opps -silly me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

It has long been known Fi-doms are the most useless members of society. We need to push for mandatory MBTI testing so we can identify them and remove them from the more useful members. Perhaps a camp in the mountains where they can sit around writing each other poetry or fingerpainting or whatever Fi-doms get up to.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    *smack Little Linguist with a pillow filled with spikes* Opps -silly me!
    YAYYYYYYYYY PILLOW FIGHT!!!!!!! *grabs a pillow and smacks back*

WAIT

SPIKES????

What the ferk????

Asshole.

Sniffles

Ha Ha Ha! Yeah sorry, I was collecting old Prussian helmets earlier.