User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 491

  1. #121
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The word you're looking for is "elicit", by the way. Amusing that you should mention "illicit responses" in the midst of a discussion about censorship, though.
    LOL, that is too funny - I am tired!

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Because INFPs are the only people who continually misread extreme emotion into my writing.
    Well, you use extreme words. What else do you expect?

  2. #122
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well, you use extreme words. What else do you expect?
    Did you ever consider that automatically associating extreme words with extreme emotion is an Fi-biased phenomenon?

    Of course I've come to expect it from INFPs--in fact, your histrionic responses encourage me to keep doing it. I don't intend to convince you of anything--just to entertain myself and others who are equally agitated with FiNe's tendency to imagine hostility when none is there.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #123
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's addressed to paranoid Fi doms. If you're not a paranoid Fi dom, you have no reason to believe it's directed at you.

    And please, this thread is a far cry from the ludicrous conspiracy theories we've heard from them. Good try, but no.
    Good try at attempting to deny this is not just another pathetic display of your bias against INFPs, but no, this thread is still ridiculous.

    The INFPs you describe are by far the exception and not the rule, and making any association between the function Fi and that behavior (which you DO in the OP, so stop with the stupid cop out that's it's not making gross generalizations) is faulty reasoning. All but a mere few INFPs on this board seem to enjoy relating to others through MBTI and don't express any feeing of threat on their individuality. There is far more empirical evidence of that than whatever ridiculous feelings/motives you're trying to ascribe to INFPs (healthy or not), as if your opinion and observations are more valid than anyone else's :rolli:.

    And there have been more than a few members of other types who have ranted against MBTI, a certain Te-dom coming to mind.... Funny how no one makes a thread implying their dominant function is somehow to blame. You always come across as very eager to criticize NFPs.

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Simulatedworld, you're not a God. Stop blowing yourself up so much, you aren't the judge as to what is considered balanced or reasonable. And you aren't the judge as to how people think and view typology, so nice try. Your attempts have just made me realize that I hate dicks with big egoes. bye.
    Seriously. Funny how it's okay for the ENTP to project feeling onto INFPs. The hypocrisy continues...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #124
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    So this is all for 'entertainment' right? To draw attention? Not to actually learn something from each other? You find each others buttons and continually poke at it?

    So, when does this game get old already?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #125
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Good try at attempting to deny this is not just another pathetic display of your bias against INFPs, but no, this thread is still ridiculous.

    The INFPs you describe are by far the exception and not the rule, and making any association between the function Fi and that behavior (which you DO in the OP, so stop with the stupid cop out that's it's not making gross generalizations) is faulty reasoning. All but a mere few INFPs on this board seem to enjoy relating to others through MBTI and don't express any feeing of threat on their individuality. There is far more empirical evidence of that than whatever ridiculous feelings/motives you're trying to ascribe to INFPs (healthy or not), as if your opinion and observations are more valid than anyone else's :rolli:.

    And there have been more than a few members of other types who have ranted against MBTI, a certain Te-dom coming to mind.... Funny how no one makes a thread implying their dominant function is somehow to blame. You always come across as very eager to criticize NFPs.
    Durrr yeah, I already stated that most Fi doms don't see it this way--my point was simply that most people who make this sort of argument on the basis of "boohoo I hate being boxed in" are Fi doms. You just spent 3/4 of this post debunking a position I don't even agree with.

    As for your last paragraph, that's true--but Jaguar railed against MBTI on the basis that it lacks empirical evidence for its choice of categorizations, which is a far more Te-oriented position. (And I railed against him in equally vicious terminology!)

    Hell, I don't even like MBTI that much because I think it distorts and oversimplifies a lot of Jung's ideas. The four-letter labels are the only parts I even use. The thread wasn't directed at everyone who hates MBTI; it was directed specifically at people who complain that typology squelches individuality too much to be useful--which is the most common Fi criticism of typology in general.

    I'll freely admit that most Fi doms don't do this--but as I said, most people who make this particular argument from this position are Fi doms.

    There's a reason I addressed the thread "to paranoid Fi doms." Most Fi doms aren't paranoid, so I made sure to specify.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So this is all for 'entertainment' right? To draw attention? Not to actually learn something from each other? You find each others buttons and continually poke at it?

    So, when does this game get old already?
    As soon as NFPs stop giving me entertaining responses.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #126
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    K. Lemme know if you ever actually are ready to learn and exchange
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #127
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Okay, I can Fe-empathize why certain members (having Fi) are up in arms about defending Fi, it has been dragged through the mud, tarred and feathered, tied to a horse, through the townsquare of Typology Central [evidence: see the threads made on Fi, and what it turns into].

    But, the most effective way to interpret this thread for such Fi-users is to disassociate with this particular brand of Fi, i.e., if you're not a paranoid Fi dom, this thread does not apply to you. It's really as simple as that.

    Why take the bait?

  8. #128
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    K. Lemme know if you ever actually are ready to learn and exchange
    I learn and exchange routinely about a variety of topics--just not this one because it's already been done and redone to death a hundred times over and I've given up on the idea that either side is going to convince the other of anything new.


    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    But, the most effective way to interpret this thread for such Fi-users is to disassociate with this particular brand of Fi, i.e., if you're not a paranoid Fi dom, this thread does not apply to you. It's really as simple as that.

    Why take the bait?
    Shhhh, don't ruin the game! ^_^
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #129
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    For me it's more that it gives me a head ache to see people label Fi something it's not as it just perpetuates miscommunication and misperception. Sure, you may perceive it as such, but all I'm seeing is 'this is my perception so this must be correct' instead of wondering why and actually understanding it from someone elses perspective, aka the very person/group you're actually trying to label. I'm not saying that those perceptions are worthless, but they're hardly the end, in fact, they should be the beginning in making you wonder as to why it is that people respond that way and how that is important to them, if you truly desire to know what the thing you're so desperately trying to box in and label, really is. And so far, that has been sorely lacking in all of these Fi-threads, imo. If you do not want to undestand, that's totally ok too, but then don't come poking for answers either.

    Edit: Sim, you're not the only one who's given up on this.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #130
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    For me it's more that it gives me a head ache to see people label Fi something it's not as it just perpetuates miscommunication and misperception. Sure, you may perceive it as such, but all I'm seeing is 'this is my perception so this must be correct' instead of wondering why and actually understanding it from someone elses perspective, aka the very person/group you're actually trying to label. I'm not saying that those perceptions are worthless, but they're hardly the end, in fact, they should be the beginning in making you wonder as to why it is that people respond that way and how that is important to them, if you truly desire to know what the thing you're so desperately trying to box in and label, really is. And so far, that has been sorely lacking in all of these Fi-threads, imo. If you do not want to undestand, that's totally ok too, but then don't come poking for answers either.
    Interesting. Why do you suppose it is that certain Fi-ers consider themselves too unique for typological categorization? I'm curious now. Why is the process of categorization considered dehumanizing?

    To be honest I have to give you credit for trying to make productive headway in most of these Fi threads. That's quite admirable.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Public Service Announcement On Password Security
    By highlander in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
  2. What does it really mean to be Fi-dom?
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM
  3. [Fi] are Fi doms prone to paranoia?
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
  4. Public Service Announcement to Future Superheroes
    By Qlip in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 01:46 AM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO