User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 491

  1. #111
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I am going to illicit this opportunity to ask: Why can't I be my own friend on this website?

  2. #112
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    You're just deflecting the whole point, that you happily and actively participated in this trolling exercise.

    No need to twist my words; I'll explain it for you because you seem to be missing the point.

    Here's the rub:

    We have two words: reasonable vs unreasonable.

    You would agree with me that these are evenly weighted opposites. Correct?

    When you post though, this is what you say instead of unreasonable:

    paranoid, paranoid delusional Fi-ridden garbage, doom-mongering hysterics, DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUUUUMB!, bat shit crazy, overly sensitive, hostile, bullshit, then as a last resort you descend to name-calling and dish out your own brand of hostility

    Do you see how these are no longer EQUAL?

    You come across as patronizing to Udog, as though you hold ultimate authority to judge him. You don't, don't you see? It's like saying he's reasonable DESPITE being fi-dom, a back-handed compliment at best.

  3. #113
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You're just deflecting the whole point, that you happily and actively participated in this trolling exercise.
    +1 you're right.

    And there is a level of somewhat accepted trolling that goes on in this forum. Under my definition of the word, it's fairly common.

  4. #114
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You're just deflecting the whole point, that you happily and actively participated in this trolling exercise.

    No need to twist my words; I'll explain it for you because you seem to be missing the point.

    Here's the rub:

    We have two words: reasonable vs unreasonable.

    You would agree with me that these are evenly weighted opposites. Correct?

    When you post though, this is what you say instead of unreasonable:

    paranoid, bat shit crazy, overly sensitive, hostile, then as a last resort you descend to name-calling and dish out your own brand of hostility

    Do you see how these are no longer EQUAL?

    You come across as patronizing to Udog, as though you hold ultimate authority to judge him. You don't, don't you see? It's like saying he's reasonable DESPITE being fi-dom, a back-handed compliment at best.
    Actually uDog took the compliment as it was intended: as a compliment. He left me a rep comment thanking me for it, fyi.

    Interesting that the recipient of this compliment didn't find it patronizing, isn't it? You're the only one that seems to have bent over backward to find an insult where none exists.

    And you wonder why I criticize INFPs for doing this.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #115
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    I added a few more choice adjectives above.

    And hey, maybe we're all so conditioned to accept any compliment a back-handed one will do.

    I love how you ignore every legitimate point I've made and focus on trying to wage an emotional war with me, trying to push all my buttons.

    Answer the questions. Troll.

    (It's a verb.)

  6. #116
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    And double hey, I am heading to bed now for real. So leave any extra thoughts sim and we can pick it up tomorrow if you want.

    And see if you can do it without hysterical language, hmmm?

  7. #117
    Playnerd Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Your friend,

    simulatedworld
    simulatedworld(x) = xs - xi - xm - xu - xl - xa - xt - xe - xd - xw - xo - xr - xl - xd (?yz) + ?/0 = illumanti


  8. #118
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I added a few more choice adjectives above.

    And hey, maybe we're all so conditioned to accept any compliment a back-handed one will do.

    I love how you ignore every legitimate point I've made and focus on trying to wage an emotional war with me, trying to push all my buttons.

    Answer the questions. Troll.
    1) I'm at a loss as to why you think I have any responsibility to use equally powerful terminology in my criticisms and in my compliments. I happen to enjoy hyperbolic language, and it's a very common INFP mistake to assume proportional hyperbolic emotional motivation. Just because you would have to be in a very emotional state to use such language doesn't mean others are.

    2) Pay attention to context. I wasn't saying he's reasonable DESPITE being an Fi dom; read uDog's post that I initially responded to. He said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I've always wondered how chunks of the forum could gain such ridiculous perceptions of INFPs.

    Now I know.
    See this? He's actually openly admitting that some INFPs give off strange enough vibes to give people ridiculous perceptions of the whole type.

    Now look at my response, except in context this time. I was providing an example to support this statement:

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFPs, like every type, run the gamut from balanced and insightful to paranoid and bat shit crazy. The crazy ones just tend to go really far off the deep end with their anti-typology rants.
    See where I equated INFPs with every other type by saying "LIKE EVERY TYPE" and stated explicitly that there are very reasonable INFPs as well as crazy ones? I was providing an example of the former by complimenting uDog and making a deliberate effort to highlight the good side of the INFP type.

    To summarize:

    uDog: "Wow, I can see why some people get such a bad impression of INFPs."
    sim: "Yeah, but a lot of INFPs are perfectly reasonable, like you, for instance."

    And yet you still found a way to twist this into an insult. I didn't mean it as an insult and the recipient didn't take it as one. Get over it already.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And double hey, I am heading to bed now for real. So leave any extra thoughts sim and we can pick it up tomorrow if you want.

    And see if you can do it without hysterical language, hmmm?
    Playing with language is fun, and I have no intention of compromising my choice of linguistic style in order to tiptoe around your feelings. It's an Ne thing, see? I like to play with patterns and come up with colorful combinations of wordings. And it's no coincidence that "OMG I CAN TELL U R VERY DEEPLY UPSET RIGHT NOW" always comes from INFPs.

    I also enjoy arguing because it's a competitive game, which I'm very big on. I don't do it to express deeply suppressed emotional trauma; I do it to pass the time because it's fun. Try and wrap your Fi-riddled little head around that one, will ya?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #119
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    1) I'm at a loss as to why you think I have any responsibility to use equally powerful terminology in my criticisms and in my compliments. I happen to enjoy hyperbolic language, and it's a very common INFP mistake to assume proportional hyperbolic emotional motivation.
    You do this for dramatic impact and to illicit response. It is done with INTENTION, and you cannot deny it. You try to get people worked up because it is fun for you. And you know INFP's will see the imbalance in language most of all, potentially have an emotional reaction, and you exploit that.

    Then, when the INFP is a bit upset, you claim they are "hysterical".

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I wasn't saying he's reasonable DESPITE being an Fi dom
    I know you didn't say that - I'm saying that the message you have sent comes across with that flavor. I'm not trying to give you a hard time; I am trying to point out that you are being patronizing here and don't even see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    See this? He's actually openly admitting that some INFPs give off strange enough vibes to give people ridiculous perceptions of the whole type.
    No, Udog hadn't read the other post at that time, only yours. He didn't have the benefit of full context.

    But most importantly, you don't even think Victor IS an INFP. And this thread is about him and Mystic Tater-tot. (I don't know what type he is, just testing out a few I think to see where he has the most fun.) Your post title doesn't exclude Victor, but that statement above does.

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    See where I equated INFPs with every other type by saying "LIKE EVERY TYPE" and stated explicitly that there are very reasonable INFPs as well as crazy ones?
    Yes, I did see that. And I acknowledged this in my mind, and now in thread.

    But again, you don't believe Victor to be an INFP, so why is that even relevant? Because we all know that's mostly who you are pointing this thread towards.

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I also enjoy arguing because it's a competitive game, which I'm very big on. I don't do it to express deeply suppressed emotional trauma; I do it to pass the time because it's fun. Try and wrap your Fi-riddled little head around that one, will ya?
    I am having a blast too! This is tons of fun, but I really do need to head to bed right now.

    Let's have some more fun tomorrow, k?

  10. #120
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You do this for dramatic impact and to illicit response. It is done with INTENTION, and you cannot deny it. You try to get people worked up because it is fun for you. And you know INFP's will see the imbalance in language most of all, potentially have an emotional reaction, and you exploit that.

    Then, when the INFP is a bit upset, you claim they are "hysterical".
    Because INFPs are the only people who continually misread extreme emotion into my writing. And yes, I think that's hysterical, and I absolutely do bait them into responding this way. It's just incredibly funny to me that the only people who keep taking the bait and flipping out/insisting that they can read my emotions perfectly are INFPs.

    The word you're looking for is "elicit", by the way. Amusing that you should mention "illicit responses" in the midst of a discussion about censorship, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I know you didn't say that - I'm saying that the message you have sent comes across with that flavor. I'm not trying to give you a hard time; I am trying to point out that you are being patronizing here and don't even see it.
    And I'm trying to point out that you (and many INFPs) have an extreme bias toward reading hostility into people's words when it isn't really there. The problem isn't that I can't see it; it's that INFPs are the only ones who DO see it and you don't seem to realize that your perceptions of hostility are not the norm. I live with an INFP roommate and have ample experience with this. Even other INFPs seem to notice this; for example, this rep comment came from Seymour (an INFP) about this thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour
    Hah... as an Fi-dom totally agree with you! Heh... agreed. I love my INFP cohort, but sometimes I just want to slap 'em around (for their own good).
    As I said, some INFPs constantly read more emotion into the words of others than is actually there, and I really enjoy poking at you to continually prove this point. It's amusing to me (and many others, despite your myopic insistence that being mean prevents anyone from taking me seriously or agreeing with me) because you all keep responding to it so predictably.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    No, Udog hadn't read the other post at that time, only yours. He didn't have the benefit of full context.
    And you know this...how?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    But most importantly, you don't even think Victor IS an INFP. And this thread is about him and Mystic Tater-tot. (I don't know what type he is, just testing out a few I think to see where he has the most fun.) Your post title doesn't exclude Victor, but that statement above does.
    It's about a lot more than just that. Fear of being dehumanized/boxed in by categorization is a running theme with many Fi users.



    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Yes, I did see that. And I acknowledged this in my mind, and now in thread.

    But again, you don't believe Victor to be an INFP, so why is that even relevant? Because we all know that's mostly who you are pointing this thread towards.
    Victor exaggerates more than any others, but there have been quite a few threads by Fi-ers whining about how we're overapplying/putting too much faith in MBTI and how people are too unique to be "put in boxes" and so on and so forth. Victor does this more often than any other poster on the board, but he's not the only example.



    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I am having a blast too! This is tons of fun, but I really do need to head to bed right now.

    Let's have some more fun tomorrow, k?
    Okay!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Public Service Announcement On Password Security
    By highlander in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
  2. What does it really mean to be Fi-dom?
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM
  3. [Fi] are Fi doms prone to paranoia?
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
  4. Public Service Announcement to Future Superheroes
    By Qlip in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 01:46 AM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO