User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well, yes he has. sim has made judgements throughout these recent threads on what statements are "reasonable" and what ones are "bat shit crazy".

ar?bi?ter??[ahr-bi-ter]
    –noun
    1. a person empowered to decide matters at issue; judge; umpire.
    2. a person who has the sole or absolute power of judging or determining.

Who says it is for him to decide? Why should anyone have to tolerate sim playing judge and jury? Why all this wasted energy on Tater playing his game and sim jumping on the bandwagon?

There never was any serious intention in either thread to understand an opposing POV. Just to stir up trouble.
    I haven't seen those instances with sim you're talking about, but ENTPs like to bullshit to people. So you can make fun of them when it happens, or argue with them, or ignore it.

The trick is to make it tongue-and-cheek, so if anyone calls you on it, you can claim it wasn't serious. Like this thread. I do it too sometimes, but not as much.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, yes he has. sim has made judgements throughout these recent threads on what statements are "reasonable" and what ones are "bat shit crazy".

ar?bi?ter??[ahr-bi-ter]
    –noun

Who says it is for him to decide? Why should anyone have to tolerate sim playing judge and jury? Why all this wasted energy on Tater playing his game and sim jumping on the bandwagon?

There never was any serious intention in either thread to understand an opposing POV. Just to stir up trouble.
    Yes, and if I think your opinion is poorly informed then I have just as much right to point that out as you do to state your opinion in the first place.

Also, HINT: Telling someone that his opinion is reasonable/unreasonable obviously implies that I'm giving my opinion. Pointing out that my opinion isn't fact seems trivially unnecessary. I mean, duh...who else's opinion would it be?

Let me get this straight: You're simultaneously:

1) Ranting about how everyone has the right share his opinion, and
    2) Asking why "anyone should have to tolerate" me sharing mine?

Gosh I dunno, maybe because I have just as much right to share my opinion as you do, you hypocritical dolt?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Sure sweetie.

But let's be reasonable - when you tell someone you think they are writing "bat shit crazy" stuff you are, by force of words, trying to shut them up, aren't you? Trying to discredit their POV? I am not sure why you can't use reasonable language instead of using words that have added baggage.

That's not so huge a leap that you can't see that sim.

It's got nothing to do with my reading comprehension - I think most people here get your point just fine. I know I do.

I only object to you playing arbiter, but I will not descend to name-calling as you have just done.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Sure sweetie.

But let's be reasonable - when you tell someone you think they are writing "bat shit crazy" stuff you are, by force of words, trying to shut them up, aren't you? Trying to discredit their POV? I am not sure why you can't just use reasonable language instead of using words that have added baggage.

That's not so huge a leap that you can't see that sim.

It's got nothing to do with my reading comprehension - I think most people here get your point just fine. I know I do.
    Trying to discredit someone's POV is not the same thing as trying to remove their right to express it.

I've stated on numerous occasions that I'm highly opposed to all forms of censorship and find the forum rather overmoderated.

I would never want to remove anyone's right to post what he wants to--and that includes my own right to tell them when I think their posts are stupid or poorly informed.

It also includes your right to complain about that--but let's get one thing straight. Nobody here is trying to remove anyone else's right to post his opinion. That's quite another thing from trying to discredit someone's position.

I only object to you playing arbiter, but I will not descend to name-calling as you have just done.
    Don't worry; you've already descended lower by scolding me for supposedly trying to censor the posts of others (which I never actually did) and then suggesting that my posts should be censored.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Some of the more noticeably irrelevant stuff has been moved downunder, some of the other irreverent stuff hasn't. I don't claim to be consistent.

You may continue talking about paranoid Fi.

Ginkgo

ar?bi?ter??[ahr-bi-ter]
    –noun

The Arbiter died, remember?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrOAqPdrrQ"]He Ded[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Trying to discredit someone's POV is not the same thing as trying to remove their right to express it.
    True. The distinction is important.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nobody here is trying to remove anyone else's right to post his opinion. That's quite another thing from trying to discredit someone's position.

Don't worry; you've already descended lower by scolding me for supposedly trying to censor the posts of others and then suggesting that my posts should be censored.
    I can understand your extrapolation from my initial expression of distaste (as acknowledged above) although I did not say your posts should be censored nor was that my intention. I do object to you playing judge and jury. But you've got as much a right as anyone to your POV.

I do object to being called a dolt. But then, that seems to be the weight you swing around here, and you know this is the kind of thing that has potential to hurt, so you use it. Nice try. But I'm a big girl, and you'll have to do a lot better than that to get to me.

TO ME, it seems that you try to shut someone up by using words designed to cultivate the very emotional reaction you claim to despise.

TO ME, that means you are actively trying to ensure people who don't share your POV shut the f*** up.

TO ME, that is an attempt to ensure another form of censorship.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Those elites were weak.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    He didn't and he's not. That's us INTPs.
    Thank you for setting everyone straight, it saves me the trouble.

... although really, I thought Sim was making that comment as an act of kindness to uDog, who had sort of understated his own value on the forum. So I think the potshot criticism that followed for that particular comment (unless it was in mind of other things SimW has said) was uncalled for.

(I'm sure there are a lot of OTHER comments to bust on him for, though, if I know my Sim, lol.)

(... hmmmm... skimming the rest.... looks like Peace and Sim are into things... but I'm supposed to be finishing a job application, I think Trinity can handle this just fine!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... although really, I thought Sim was making that comment as an act of kindness to uDog
    How "kind" of sim to proclaim Udog reasonable. So good to know he's not lumped in with "Paranoid Fi doms".

I'm pretty sure Udog doesn't need that kind of validation or charity.

Since sim was making a thread to complain about two people, Mystic Tater and Victor, perhaps this whole debacle would have been best addressed in PM.

"Paranoid Fi doms" ... Tater was pulling a stunt and sim has admitted to playing along, knowing the OP had trolling written all over it. And this thread - what of value has been gained from it?

And here I am, trying to make sure all the kiddies play nice.