• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why MBTI is Death for Society

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It always seems like the people that take MBTI the most seriously are the ones who speak in opposition of it.

QFT + FTW

G

Ginkgo

Do you see that obscure, vertical rectangle right under the "P" in posts, which lies under your avatar? Wave your mouse over it. Individuality enigma is now defined.

Let's face it. The individual is an expendable part of the whole, while the whole is crucial to the individual. It is a reciprocal, interdependent relationship.

For instance, the phallus is an individual body part. It is essential to the whole. However, without a pelvis, without grasping hands, without the feet, we cannot procreate effectively.

Unfortunately, we observe a detached phallus like Victor skittering about, slapping people in the face and claiming that the individual prevails.

Hopefully, Victor will find a nice pelvis to confide in one of these days.

I regret making this thread.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who cares?

What I want to know is why no one has successfully developed a test for personal integrity. Huh? Why is that? This myth of being true to yourself has NO ADEQUATE OBJECTIVE TEST! The people who are being true to themselves are the key witness in the case! Obviously it is immensely useful that no objective test exist. And there's your cult of individuality. All these people running around claiming individuality, THE BETTER TO INFLICT THEIR INDIVIDUAL WHIM ON OTHERS!

Individuality is surely the most destructive, long lasting myth ever to attempt to destabilise society. Luckily, society knows better. We will slap down this individuality craze with as many labels as possible!

I hereby label this message "Warning No. 7 billion and 12", and I feel better for it. Join us.

Bravo! Bravo! :happy0065:

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
maslows-hierarchy1.jpg

That self-actualisation hippie pyramid bullshit pisses me quite off.
It's totally possible to have creativity, vitality, playfulness without having some of the steps under it (love, belongingness, self-esteem, sleep, safety, sex...).
This is just trying to give the impression that only a totally pampered individual in a kindergarten society can achieve things. I believe in the opposite.

About the MBTI, it's an interesting, but very flawed description too, for people who think or feel they fit well into it, it can give a good description of how they work, and therefore provide elements to understand them and know how to interact with them.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is just trying to give the impression that only a totally pampered individual in a kindergarten society can achieve things. I believe in the opposite.

Is that some kind of like social democrat thing? :D

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
That's probably what people who would enforce those kind of ideals would go for, so I guess so.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Those who practice MBTI delve into a projected version of themselves :the archetype. When they do this, they focus on the archetype rather than the individual self. As a result, they cannot improve themselves.

Furthermore, when society is segmented in such a way; as the individuals are tagged and coded like the MBTI propagates, the individuals prejudge each other and stick with their own "kind". Consequentially, you will find a "sensor talk" room in Ventrillo, and you will find disseminated forums labeled with their respective temperaments.

So when unhealthy individuals of unhealthy temperaments compound with each other, they exacerbate their own health problems like a schizophrenic family who refuses to interact with other, different families.

This is basically true, but at least it gets people noticing and legitimizing fundamental differences between people, which is a good first step toward building real empathy.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tater. Any system of thought, code of beliefs, or even a pure natural science can be misused, abused, and be of more harm than good.

Religion has screwed up way more people's minds than MBTI could ever hope to. Science has been used to commit heinous crimes. Wacko nut jobs like Jim Jones had his followers drink poisoned Kool-Aid, as did the followers of the Heaven's Gate cult.

Methinks you are unecessarily villifying MBTI. The people who stagnate their own growth as a result of putting too much faith in MBTI are responsible for their own lack of self actualization, as are those that place too much faith in any other method of thinking or system of beliefs.

It surprises me I didn't post here, I think I was super active back in 2010. But above post, especially bolded, says it all.

Let's not fall into a philosophic fallacy and be mature about things.

Why did you bump this thread anyway. Do you actually have an opinion or just want to voice OP's post?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bored. It was an amusing thread I made not too long after I joined the forum.

You are Ginkgo?

Just earlier in one of the bonfire threads I was like, I don't know anything about this guy... Suddenly... I know you! :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember you, too, bud. :hi:

*just now notices your subtitle thingy*

And to think just the other day I was like "Hey, I feel like I've becoming less and less sensotard over the years. What's happening with me!".

Turns out I am still sensotard AF, I just never noticed.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Be some type doesn't mean you have to look like IT.
Ok, you know yourself, your weakness and straight.
So what, you will stay the same so you can proof to others your authenticity?
What about use your knowledge of yourself for improvement?
What about change yourself, to be something more then you are?
What about use your knowledge to be better with people who think differently then you?
Note MBTI doesn't measure our intelligence and skills , but the way how we THINK.

If you want to improve yourself then use Enneagram. :)