User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm sure looks, money, job achievement, education level, material possessions and many others are also in there - or do you think MBTI is a better tool for qualifying and dehumanizing others?
    If one values matter over mind, perhaps you are correct. However, all achievement stems from the mind. This is why most Autistic children can't attest to being top of their class, having a prestigious profession, etc etc. However, when one accepts defeat by waddling about within a given mental capacity, they sabotage themselves.

So when a clinician designates an IQ to your mind, he gives you a predetermined accomplishment rating.

You are also assuming MBTI has some sort of "better" and "worse than" scale. Can you please tell me that scale, I seem to have missed it.
    If you have overlooked it, then I suggest scanning many of the threads on this forum. Here you may find that people of certain archetypes are associated with mental illness and disability.

There is never any explicit "better-than, worse-than" chart. However, if you read between the lines, you will find that your "type" is predisposed to specific behaviors. These behaviors are separate from others, and it is inherently impossible for one to be both equal and separate.

I think lumping an entire group of people using a personality tool and throwing accusations about their personal growth is more dehumanizing. You can dehumanize people from all MBTI types much more effectively the way you are doing it though, so stay the course.
    I never lumped anyone together under any title other than "human". As a human, you are an individual with specific needs, strengths, weaknesses, etc. In order to progress, one must reflect in the mirror every once and a while. By doing this, one can attain individual goals.

MBTI claims to be a mirror, but it is not. It is a photograph of someone else, and as a photograph, it is rendered static. You, my friend, are not static. You are a living, growing human being with heart palpitations.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

It is unfortunate but there are a many people that fail to recognise and appreciate difference amongst others. These people need to be shown these differences explicitly, so if there is one thing that is good that comes from MBTI is that it helps people recognise and appreciate different perspectives. 16 boxes can be preferable to a one size fits all box.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    It is unfortunate but there are a many people that fail to recognise and appreciate difference amongst others. These people need to be shown these differences explicitly, so if there is one thing that is good that comes from MBTI is that it helps people recognise and appreciate different perspectives. 16 boxes can be preferable to a one size fits all box.
    NOO, I call for everyone create the box for themselves! In this way, they dawn individuality! :steam:

MBTI
    INTJ

For God's sake... authenticity again?

That MBTI gives an explanation for INFP authenticity hysteria should tell us something.

The liberating thing about MBTI--yes, liberating--is that terms exist to modify that one noisy, obnoxious, authoritarian authenticity demand. Namely, if I act like a type I am not, I will not be authentic.

Modify your noisome Fi demands. They insult my ability to conceive of the world whole and real.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In seventy years not one double blind experiment has been done with MBTI.

So quite naturally I smell a rat.

And as I look around to see what is decaying I find that MBTI is not even a valid and reliable personality test. And if it were it should never be applied by oneself to oneself.

No, MBTI is a form of hypnosis used by the military and business to control recruits and employees. But note, no university uses MBTI to hypnotise and control students.

But now they are expanding from military recruits and employees to school children.

They are not only drugging school children but they are employing MBTI to hypnotise school children in their bedrooms - for their own good of course.

A good place to start to understand this child abuse is Alice Miller's book, "For Your Own Good".
    My god! You're right! We have to inform the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    For God's sake... authenticity again?

That MBTI gives an explanation for INFP authenticity hysteria should tell us something.

The liberating thing about MBTI--yes, liberating--is that terms exist to modify that one noisy, obnoxious, authoritarian authenticity demand. Namely, if I act like a type I am not, I will not be authentic.

Modify your noisome Fi demands. They insult my ability to conceive of the world whole and real.
    +1

Why is it always Fi doms that spout this kind of bullshit?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INtJ
    Enneagram

I can understand what you mean, an interesting point "Mystic tater"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Why is it always Fi doms that spout this kind of bullshit?
    On the label of the INFP box it says "Resist labels."

This is an important talent. For example, people who identify very strongly with being someone who performs tasks would easily end up living the traditional life of quiet desperation if there were not sometimes a voice to hear forcefully calling attention to identity.

I know everything.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    On the label of the INFP box it says "Resist labels."

This is an important talent. For example, people who identify very strongly with being someone who performs tasks would easily end up living the traditional life of quiet desperation if there were not sometimes a voice to hear forcefully calling attention to identity.

I know everything.
    Noting similarities between people regarding value systems and behavioral tendencies doesn't squelch identity. I'm getting pretty sick of reading this kind of paranoid delusional Fi-ridden garbage.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm on both camps. Just giving my thoughts of why people like grouping and differentiating stuff.
    People make sense of the chaotic world by categorising similar entities. Otherwise, our mental capacity can't handle all the information being thrown at us very single day. It can be both subconscious and conscious.
    This is a boy. That is a bed. When someone look at a horse and say that it is a horse, what are they basing it off to come to the conclusion that the object is indeed a horse? Did they compare it to previous horses they've seen to form a mental image of a so called 'perfect horse' which has all the qualities a horse should have and decide if the similarities outweigh the differences? If there's enough diferences, should it be grouped under another category? A zebra?
    What is good, what is bad? Everyone has different opinions of what 'good' and 'bad' is. Likewise, they will have different opinions of what a particular type is like.
    It's not about grouping people into 16 boxes that is at fault, it's about the impressions and thoughts of what an individual has regarding a particular group that can be problematic.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    NOO, I call for everyone create the box for themselves! In this way, they dawn individuality! :steam:
    Baby steps...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations