User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 148

  1. #31
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Some people are too spoon-fed to emancipate themselves from being coddled.
    How exactly are these people being spoonfed and coddled? How "hard" does someone's life have to be to not be? Are you not spoonfed and coddled? You are tossing out words and they are very weak.

  2. #32
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    please, please, don't try to aim to be the next Victor.
    You could do worse.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Thumbs down Worse than death

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You could do worse.
    No, that's pretty much rock bottom, without any view of the stars.

  4. #34
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    How exactly are these people being spoonfed and coddled? How "hard" does someone's life have to be to not be? Are you not spoonfed and coddled? You are tossing out words and they are very weak.
    Everyone is somewhat coddled; like a cub who is nourished by the mother bear. People should know when to wean themselves; and so when you cling to an MBTI archetype, you are like a fetus that clings to a placenta. But this is not any coddling. It is a dissonance between the self and the actions of the self, like the child who steals candy and rebukes "The candy made me do it! It was so yummy looking!"

  5. #35
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Where do you live? Who pays for your college?

    You are spouting crap just to spout it.

  6. #36
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    It always seems like the people that take MBTI the most seriously are the ones who speak in opposition of it.
    This is true.

    Just as those who take Christianity seriously are those who oppose it.

    And just as those who take Islam seriously are those who oppose it - indeed they are crazy brave, like Ayaam Hirsi Ali.

    And this is also true of Quantum Mechanics as it was opposed by Albert Einstein.

    This is also true of slavery as it was opposed by the House of Commons in 1833.

    And this is also true of organised misogyny as it was opposed by Australia and New Zealand in 1904.

    And this is also true of child, sexual abuse as it was opposed by our Criminal Courts in the 1990s.

    And this is also true of superstition as it was opposed by the Enlightenment from 1688 to 1788.

    And naturally it is also true of MBTI.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Nizy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is true.

    Just as those who take Christianity seriously are those who oppose it.

    And just as those who take Islam seriously are those who oppose it - indeed they are crazy brave, like Ayaam Hirsi Ali.

    And this is also true of Quantum Mechanics as it was opposed by Albert Einstein.

    This is also true of slavery as it was opposed by the House of Commons in 1833.

    And this is also true of organised misogyny as it was opposed by Australia and New Zealand in 1904.

    And this is also true of child, sexual abuse as it was opposed by our Criminal Courts in the 1990s.

    And this is also true of superstition as it was opposed by the Enlightenment from 1688 to 1788.

    And naturally it is also true of MBTI.
    One of those things is not like the others.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

    "Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

  8. #38
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    "The MBTI is analogous to child abuse. Why won't anyone take me seriously!?"
    -- Victor
    Hello

  9. #39
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Where do you live? Who pays for your college?

    You are spouting crap just to spout it.
    I pay for it. If you don't like the spouting then get out of the fountain.

  10. #40
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    No, that's pretty much rock bottom, without any view of the stars.
    We all lie in the gutter looking at the stars and sometimes I reach across and give Q a little tickle. She tries to stop herself from laughing by turning her eyes from the sky. But all she has to do is turn over.

    Sometimes I try to give her a hint by offering her an apple turnover in the hope she might look up. But she keeps on resolutely glaring at me.

    I console myself by enjoying her company in the hope that things will look up.

Similar Threads

  1. Video: 7 Reasons Why the MBTI is Bullshit
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2015, 07:54 AM
  2. Why The MBTI Is Wrong...
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 09:48 PM
  3. Why MBTI is Anti Australian
    By Mole in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 08:02 PM
  4. Why MBTI is Anti-New Zealand
    By Quinlan in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 08:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO