User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Goddamn Gosh Darn you retards thoughtful individuals..

ENTPs speaking on a theory of people need people to take part with a view to understanding what people are. Using Fe supports the Ti investigation.

In the face of this INFPs preserve their integrity.

Likewise INFPs assert the primary value of personal identity. And ENTPs pick the assertion apart looking for truth about people.

Win all around.

And I didn't think that through very carefully because in a thread where people are busy not rising above their own functional demands, it isn't worth very much to point out that all youse MBTI nay sayers are enacting your types for everyone to see.

I'd say that the real death of society is ignorance, but society has been around for too long for even that be true.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

We know how to test MBTI. We apply a double blind test.

But in seventy years not one double blind test has been applied.

Why is this?

MBTI
    INTJ

Who cares?

What I want to know is why no one has successfully developed a test for personal integrity. Huh? Why is that? This myth of being true to yourself has NO ADEQUATE OBJECTIVE TEST! The people who are being true to themselves are the key witness in the case! Obviously it is immensely useful that no objective test exist. And there's your cult of individuality. All these people running around claiming individuality, THE BETTER TO INFLICT THEIR INDIVIDUAL WHIM ON OTHERS!

Individuality is surely the most destructive, long lasting myth ever to attempt to destabilise society. Luckily, society knows better. We will slap down this individuality craze with as many labels as possible!

I hereby label this message "Warning No. 7 billion and 12", and I feel better for it. Join us.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Individuation vs socialization

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    So let's say that I take the MBTI and my result is INTP, when in reality I am an INFJ. The time I spend as an INTP is spent improving upon my abilities as one; so I may be akin to a shark charade as an alligator. We all know sharks can't breath out of water.
    Then you'd be ignorant 'spending your time as an INTP' - you take the result way too strictly/seriously.
    You will know when you hit your biological borders.
    An INFJ wouldn't do bad developing INTP qualities, neither would it the other way around.

And therefore the individual should arbitrate his/her own abilities, rather than making the conscious decision to refer to a personality map. Sometimes maps have uncharted territories. In conclusion, self-accountability should not be maimed. When you make a statement like "oh, I'm an Fe user, so I can't do that", you're limiting your worth. You're trying to play a poker game with a minimal hand; even though all 52 cards are in your back pocket. So you simultaneously lose the game while blaming the system.
    Yes, this is something that has to be watched out for. But consciousness is pretty tricky in this, that it will always involve the present knowledge (of a type) in a decision - pretty hard to get around.

If they're too weak to sift information that I or anyone else offers them, then I cannot be held accountable for their actions. Some people are too spoon-fed to emancipate themselves from being coddled. Others might read what I say and comprehend. I'm going to speak out because that's what I feel I was put here to do. If you're not willing to vocalize, or even resound a message you agree with, then you're betraying the mouth you were born with. Simple as that.
    Incredible twisting around of things.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I don't know if the tater-tot has pi**ed anyone off lately because the reaction on this post is pretty swift and strong, but what I *think* he is trying to say (aside from all the dramatic prose) does have some merit to it.

I have seen it happen here and IRL - people lean on their MBTI archetype in a negative fashion, not using it to help them appreciate their innate abilities and develop their deficiencies but as a justification for any particular "bad" behaviour or for whatever barriers they feel limited by in their life. To use your "type" as an excuse for anything is very self-limiting.
    Are you the authority over what is bad in another person?
    You cannot 'be' everything in an instant.
    Sometimes it is used when people are being over-asked (not too rare in this society). In this way I think MBTI can actually give more rest to society, seeing that things develop over a long time.
    Especially if you're Ti over Fi it is hard to pick up everything easily from everywhere (ok, from books i.s.o. people maybe); these things do play a role. I think "using" your type will only be done when it holds to truth or a person feels threatened.

To add a bit of my own:
    I think MBTI is mainly attesting the individual, and that society is messing too much with the individual. So it is a safehold for the individual, where society can pose a threat. It's about individuation vs socialization. Only in a negative way can this be read as "MBTI is death to society"; if it is, it is due death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

Individuality is surely the most destructive, long lasting myth ever to attempt to destabilise society.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    Then you'd be ignorant 'spending your time as an INTP' - you take the result way too strictly/seriously.
    You will know when you hit your biological borders.
    An INFJ wouldn't do bad developing INTP qualities, neither would it the other way around.
    What they dont realize is that if they were INTP they would use MBTI in a different fashion then they currently do. They wouldnt see MBTI as a way to improve themselves, but a way to understand. Their motivation would be different affecting how they use it. You cant just change one variable without inspecting how the system as a whole would change.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Goodness no, the profusion of labels is meant to avoid too large a power block forming. Ironically enough, we can mimic individuality by allowing so very many of these labels that each person has their own little group of tags and--most importantly--not too many other people to coherently and systematically identify with. Most people should always be several labels out of sync with any other person.

That's actually one of the problems with the MBTI labels: they're too global, too universal. People start thinking they have to fight. So we're looking into creating a system where everyone can know how ultimately individual they are, each separate and of no great substance. Encouraging the existence of many other metrics and tests is a start.

Boy meets Grr

Goodness no, the profusion of labels is meant to avoid too large a power block forming. So we're looking into creating a system where everyone can know how ultimately individual they are, each separate and of no great substance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Who cares?

What I want to know is why no one has successfully developed a test for personal integrity. Huh? Why is that? This myth of being true to yourself has NO ADEQUATE OBJECTIVE TEST! The people who are being true to themselves are the key witness in the case! Obviously it is immensely useful that no objective test exist. And there's your cult of individuality. All these people running around claiming individuality, THE BETTER TO INFLICT THEIR INDIVIDUAL WHIM ON OTHERS!

Individuality is surely the most destructive, long lasting myth ever to attempt to destabilise society. Luckily, society knows better. We will slap down this individuality craze with as many labels as possible!

I hereby label this message "Warning No. 7 billion and 12", and I feel better for it. Join us.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Who cares?

If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?