User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    my goal is to dialog
    I must admit I feel uncomfortable with your goal to dialogue.

I never feel you are engaging me in a dialogue. It's as though you want to engage me in your emotional agenda when it is plain to me that we live in two emotionally different worlds.

A dialogue would acknowledge that these two different emotional worlds exist. But you finished our last conversation by saying you enjoyed it. But I didn't share your enjoyment.

Normally I am happy and exuberant but I don't feel I can share my emotional life with you.

Of course it is slightly mysterious why not. But I don't know you, so I can only guess.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The MBTI segments the mind into 8 pieces and 16 more pieces for each archetype. We call it "self-actualization", though the only thing to be actualized is a projected system. Those who inspect the system are too slothful to inspect themselves; so they wallow in self-stagnation - attempting to improve the system rather than themselves.

When the brain of the individual is lobotomized in such a fashion as the functional theory, the synapses fire and redirect signals from sender to sender, rather than from sender to receiver. Perhaps the signals are diffused in the empty cavities of division.

Likewise, each archetype worship themselves; not themselves per se, but an idolized version of themselves. The NFs with the NFs, the NTs with the NTs, the SJs with the SJs, and the SPs with the SPs.

Consequentially, those who worship MBTI become confused and convoluted like the segments of the brain. So when each segment worships itself, the societal brain deteriorates and falls like Rome did after its warlords succumbed to greed.

Society operates like the individual operates, as Maslow's hierarchy of needs suggests: The SPs provide physiological needs, the SJs provide security, while the NTs and NFs accentuate self-actualization and creativity. The individual may accomplish every need for sustenance, but the whole cannot operate without specialized individuals.

To avoid this depraved and false self-worship, we must reconcile ourselves and do away with the dialect of MBTI -- as the 8 functions are like the 8 colonies.
    Hear, hear!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Oh...wow...just...wow...

MBTI works for some people, and it doesn't work for others.

For example, I've had to come to terms with the fact that I'm either too incompetent or stupid to be able to apply the correct principles to myself. Oh well. I'll try again in two weeks or so.

However, even though I've found it less helpful for my own personal growth because I just need more information, I find it very helpful in dealing with others. It has shown me that different people have different motivations and thought processes (which I already knew) but the system shows us why and how to go about it.

Some people find it very helpful for their own personal growth. So I do not think it is negative for them.

Others are quite hampered by the system and should find another means of self-actualization (to use the term you utilized).

Everyone has to decide for himself or herself if the system works for him/her. If not, a new one needs to be found, or else it surely can be detrimental.

Nonetheless, I do not see how that fact is really any different from any other system. Therefore, I do not believe MBTI is inherently evil (no system is, really) but rather just individual reactions to the system.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Intresting to theorize about would be, if you have a society in which every person would know their mbti type and the whole world of people would stand explained by the system.

Would that be the death of all good books ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Intresting to theorize about would be, if you have a society in which every person would know their mbti type and the whole world of people would stand explained by the system.

Would that be the death of all good books ?
    Thank goodness no one can spoil the mystery.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Who is that guy?
    No clue, it's kind of an inside joke. You see, Mystic Tater (OP) posted this image on some of our visitors' walls, so I thought I'd return the favour.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

oww inside jokes, I thought maybe we create a secret system only our little clique knows about. What about a secret handshake that if done wrong involves a slap in the face for the one who did it wrong ?

MBTI
    xNFP

*slap* How many times do I have to tell you???

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

One day our party will rule the world ! Never question the system !!!

Walks away in unwavering *pole in the ass attitude*

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Victor, how do you prove a preference to be true?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations