User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default ENFJ or other E have a need for isolation???

I'm ENFJ and I need a good bit of isolation and time alone. The world, people and events press in upon me. I'm also bipolar and have anxiety to deal with as well as a need for certinty and control. Would it be typical for a more "stable" ENFJ to need a good amount of isolation?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

I'm not quite ENFJ (infact I score 100% T), but I understand the need for "me time." My impression is that most people, regardless of their typological classification enjoy some level of "me time." I know after long periods of face time, I feel the need to get some alone time to read. Once in awhile I just feel like being left alone.

Typologies are not absolute.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    I'm ENFJ and I need a good bit of isolation and time alone. The world, people and events press in upon me. I'm also bipolar and have anxiety to deal with as well as a need for certinty and control. Would it be typical for a more "stable" ENFJ to need a good amount of isolation?
    yes... this seems to be a general theme for most ENFJs and some ENFPs. I like alone time but it has to be intertwined w/ some external stimulation or I go nuts.... no more than a few straight hours of isolation.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I need and enjoy my time alone. I could spend days alone and be just as happy as I am when I'm around lots of people, busy, doing "something". My thoughts easily serve as entertainment.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I absolutely MUST have alone time every day or I get very agitated. It's not negotiable.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

After the last 1,5 weeks, I *know* that I need me-time. I almost thought about switching from E to I.
    My parents in law have stayed with us for 1,5 weeks. We've just moved to our new house, after redecorating it (with their help) for 1 week. At the same time I've been packing our stuff, as well as having several people living with us. (Also brother in law some nights.) After about a week with togetherness, I normally feel completely neurotic Combined with moving, it has been awful. At the same time, I feel guilty for not being able to be as grateful as I know I should be
    I need a lot more me-time than my EN*P husband
    I have no sense of humour.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'm nowhere near a peaceful, loving enfj unless i have some time away from people.
    I love spending time with my friends and i could do so frequently, but when i come home i need some time by myself. It's been compromised a lot lately by my brother living here, so i am 10x as irritable as i normally would be.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    After the last 1,5 weeks, I *know* that I need me-time. I almost thought about switching from E to I.
    My parents in law have stayed with us for 1,5 weeks. We've just moved to our new house, after redecorating it (with their help) for 1 week. At the same time I've been packing our stuff, as well as having several people living with us. (Also brother in law some nights.) After about a week with togetherness, I normally feel completely neurotic Combined with moving, it has been awful. At the same time, I feel guilty for not being able to be as grateful as I know I should be
    I need a lot more me-time than my EN*P husband
    My E/I axis is almost balanced. I have a LOT of trouble coping with tons of activity if I haven't been able to charge up or get away alone somewhere.

My ENFP twin's alone time needs are practically zero compared to mine. She stays mad for about ten minutes. She HATES being left alone for long periods of time (even just sitting quietly with someone else is fine; there doesn't have to be talking). Me, on the other hand, I look forward to being alone. For someone who really likes people and city life, I'm a very odd solitary creature who roosts up in her head 90% of my waking life. I look forward to going to bed too because I like to lay down and close my eyes and disappear into whatever thoughts/scenarios I had been entertaining all day (but couldn't pay total attention to because of outside demands).

My ENFP twin is a cuddle monster. lol
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not only is having alone time a mandatory need for my sanity, but due to my almost hyper-sensitivity to external stimuli, I prefer being in positive environments filled with positive and, or neutral people.

People have an almost palpable energy, to me, and this can be a wonderful thing sometimes yet is often exhausting.

When I'm alone I'm allowed to check in with myself and focus my energy on myself without feeling guilty for neglecting the person/people I'm with.

So, yeah.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

As an ENTP, I LOVE being alone. Tested that INTP vs. ENTP a bazillion times, I'm extroverted. Trying to get motivated enough to leave the house and entertain my peeps at the moment. My prediction is I'm not going to deliver, and would rather spend some time dealing with the ants that have taken over the cat's food bowl (I have another one out for them someplace else, but it's much more important than more socializing right now)

I've heard my type is the most introverted of the Extroverts. Possibly ENFJ too?

Confession: I don't think I know any ENFJs in real life. Every other N type but which is weird to me.