User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm not even remotely ENFJ, but I definitely need alone time, especially when I'm upset. It's mostly so I can do stuff that I want to do without needing to impress anyone or cater to them or deal with them in any way.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    1w2

NEWSFLASH: Even extroverts need to be alone!

Eh, this seems kinda obvious to me.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

If I didn't have my ENFP twin (and other extroverted friends) around, I would never have left the house. My INFJ dad and I are so similar it's a little freaky. I'm like him only with the "volume" turned up a bit. My feral nature is very like his internalized ferocity. We both require a lot time to ourselves.

I know only one or two other ENFJs myself. Dunno where they've all gone around here.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Glycerine

The only other ENFJ (male) that I got to know a little bit seems like he would be pretty low-key. He is more outgoing than I am but still seems a bit subdued. I am not quite sure about the 2-3 other ENFJs. However, the general vibe I get from all the ENFJs (including me) I've met is that they all seem fairly subdued w/ soft-spoken voices but still somewhat energetic. From that, I think ENFJs are one of the most introverted extroverts. However, ENFPs might take that title as they get older.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    NEWSFLASH: Even extroverts need to be alone!

Eh, this seems kinda obvious to me.
    True, but there are some extroverts who need, or desire alone time a lot less than others.

I am quite balanced in my E/I divide but I don't think anyone who has ever known me, especially in social situations, would ever question the fact that I am an extrovert, well, cause I am.

But, the mere thought of constantly, or frequently, being in the company of others exhausts me. Such is not the case for some extroverts.

My ESTJ sister and ESFJ mother not only need, but desire and prefer damn near constantly being in the company of others. If they can help it, the only time spent alone would be while taking showers/baths, and sleeping, I guess. My mother requires a daily down time consisting of a thirty minute bath while my ESTJ sister uses driving as a time to "sort her head", but other than these two exclusions, they just don't operate well when by themselves.

So, there are plenty of extroverts who thrive in the constant company of others, while there are others who thrive in a happy balance between being by themselves and being with others.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Well it makes me feel glad to know there are other people who question their E/I line. Sometimes I question if I'm really an INFJ myself, but I know I am overall an ENFJ.

Its kind of funny because I can get so much energy being around my friends or talking one on one with just about anybody.

Being alone is peaceful and I can do what ever I want in total peace. It could be reading a book with no outside noises, playing a video game with out eyes on me, watching anything and what ever I want, think about what ever I want to think about, search my deepest thoughts and feeling in any subject, etc.

Of course I feel life should be lived with a balance. There is a time and place for people and there is a time and place for being alone.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    If I didn't have my ENFP twin (and other extroverted friends) around, I would never have left the house. My INFJ dad and I are so similar it's a little freaky. I'm like him only with the "volume" turned up a bit. My feral nature is very like his internalized ferocity. We both require a lot time to ourselves.
    How do your handle your alone time?
    I haven't had enough of it in such a long time that i can't even fathom what i would be like. I want to say half elated and free and half drowning in a heavy sea of thoughts.

I prefer the outside world and outside people, but if i didn't have friends to connect me to it i wouldn't go out and obtain it on my own. I'd wither away a while unpleasantly.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    True, but there are some extroverts who need, or desire alone time a lot less than others.

I am quite balanced in my E/I divide but I don't think anyone who has ever known me, especially in social situations, would ever question the fact that I am an extrovert, well, cause I am.

But, the mere thought of constantly, or frequently, being in the company of others exhausts me. Such is not the case for some extroverts.

My ESTJ sister and ESFJ mother not only need, but desire and prefer damn near constantly being in the company of others. If they can help it, the only time spent alone would be while taking showers/baths, and sleeping, I guess. My mother requires a daily down time consisting of a thirty minute bath while my ESTJ sister uses driving as a time to "sort her head", but other than these two exclusions, they just don't operate well when by themselves.

So, there are plenty of extroverts who thrive in the constant company of others, while there are others who thrive in a happy balance between being by themselves and being with others.

For sure. I was talking about this with my mother a few days ago, and it's almost like we're two completely different brands of extrovert. She needs to be around people most of the time, while I'm content being alone for very long stretches. The thought of sitting down, alone, and "just relaxing" is foreign to her. In that way, what's torturous for her is bliss for me.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I must have time alone becuase it is the only time I can focus on myself. I am hyper-alert to the needs of everyone around me so when I am in the company of others, I am constantly thinking about them (are they comfortable, hungry, are they bored with the TV show I am watching, blah, blah). So "me" time is a requirement for my mental health.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ENTP

Sure.
    After socializing, I need some alone time.
    After being alone for some time, I become unproductive and frustrated.
    I don't look forward to socializing, but I know I need it.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women