• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing from P to J ??

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I'm getting really confused, if a while ago i was completely sure I was P, then now i think I'm a really small p or x or even j. I'm sure that I was born as a pure P, but as both of my parents are a complete J psychos, I would like to tend to believe that they just made a big influence in me, but the thing is that while i was daily contacting and living together with them I was a P, but as I'm for half an year more or less on my own, my J-ness shows out more and more. :steam:

So basically the thing is that my working style has changed a lot. For important appointments I always leave earlier, I start and try to finish important stuff a while before the deadline, I use lists to remember all the things I have to do, I make plans, I hate when people waste my time because of their disorganized lifestyle. And basically yes, I really give a damn about everything that seems somewhat important to me.

But, I still have this laziness, even though I make plans and time tables, I rarely follow them completely. :D I love to postpone things a little bit and yeah, some P stuff is still alive in me. I'm not sure what to think. Is it even possible?

VagrantFarce

It's all about natural preference - if you didn't have to organise your own life, would you still feel the need to?

There's also a million differences between an ENTJ and ENTP. The 4 dichotomies aren't what determine your behaviour, it's the functions that make them up. :)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'm getting really confused, if a while ago i was completely sure I was P.

J.

I'm sure that I was born as a pure P, but as both of my parents are a complete J psychos, I would like to tend to believe that they just made a big influence in me, but the thing is that while i was daily contacting and living together with them I was a P, but as I'm for half an year more or less on my own, my J-ness shows out more and more. :steam:

You were living under their rules, yes?

You conformed to their system. Less practical to externalize your routines. Not indicative of a P/J mindset.

So basically the thing is that my working style has changed a lot. For important appointments I always leave earlier, I start and try to finish important stuff a while before the deadline, I use lists to remember all the things I have to do, I make plans, I hate when people waste my time because of their disorganized lifestyle. And basically yes, I really give a damn about everything that seems somewhat important to me.

J.

But, I still have this laziness, even though I make plans and time tables, I rarely follow them completely. :D I love to postpone things a little bit and yeah, some P stuff is still alive in me. I'm not sure what to think. Is it even possible?

You'll pardon the generalizations, but your entire theme is a search for closure. Not even a tough read, to be honest - and, from the sounds of it, you know you're a J already.

All the way, J.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
So you say I'm a fake ENTP? :puppy_dog_eyes: And now I'm turning into (showing my real nature :D) a mean workaholic? :huh:

But I want to be an ENTP sometimes :cry:

VagrantFarce

OK, ENTPs have Extraverted Intuition, whereas ENTJs have Introverted Intuition. Which one of these seems more like you?

Extraverted Intuition makes you aware of the wider context of whatever is being perceived, allowing you to create interesting responses and alter meaning on-the-fly. From this standpoint, context is inferred from what can be observed and otherwise outwardly perceived, like following a link labelled "relevant websites".

[youtube=1ioBZ5fNJO8]Ne[/youtube]

Introverted Intuition makes you aware of all the potential frameworks that could be applied to a situation, changing the meaning by simply approaching things in a different way. You're not "looking" for a wider context in the observable world, you're shifting perspective. From this standpoint, context is inferred from the assumptions we bring into the world, like changing the lens on a camera.

[youtube=FO214IFRW1M]Ni[/youtube]

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You mean the function? I usually score 85-95%, so I guess very strong. I'm definitely not a sensor.

Well this explains much. Since typical J tendencies are usually associated with senseing. (or here and now)
I mean atleast 80% of Js are SJs.

While in your case your very strong intuition is softening your J. Which than looks like a P. You simply theorize too much to look like a standard J. But you are one none the less.

Towards my opinion of course.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Hmmm. The thing is that, I used to have the first one definitely. I was the wittiest person ever! everyone admitted that.
But now, I am on an exchange year and I think I've changed a lot, I'm not this witty anymore and even when I try, I can't be! That's insane, because at first when I tried to be funny, I just ended up with the fact that I can't because my language skills are too poor. i think that was the moment when it started to switch. I think right now I'm definitely the second one.
I'm pretty curious what's gonna happen, when i return.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I used to think I was ENTp, too, then I switched to ENTj. I think that if you take a look at this website and try to figure out if your thinking is more aligned with ENTj's or ENTp's you might get a better idea of your type, rather than trying to find j-p correspondences in every day behavior (lots of ENTps are driven and thus could relate to what you've written in the OP).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm getting really confused, if a while ago i was completely sure I was P, then now i think I'm a really small p or x or even j. I'm sure that I was born as a pure P, but as both of my parents are a complete J psychos, I would like to tend to believe that they just made a big influence in me, but the thing is that while i was daily contacting and living together with them I was a P, but as I'm for half an year more or less on my own, my J-ness shows out more and more. :steam:

That sounds like me. I'd say you're a J.

lastrailway

P/J change completely all your functions. I don't really see how you can go from, say, Ne-Ti-Fe-Si to Te-Ni-Se-Fi.

I consider myself to be quite hardcore P (it takes me ages to take any decision, I want to leave everything as more open-ended as possible), but I'm very organised and I always get things done and meet deadlines.

Being able to cope does not mean your personality has turned upside down, especially if it's something you recognise that you've learned with the age.

Of course, it's possible that you've mistyped yourself in first place.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P/J change completely all your functions. I don't really see how you can go from, say, Ne-Ti-Fe-Si to Te-Ni-Se-Fi.

I consider myself to be quite hardcore P (it takes me ages to take any decision, I want to leave everything as more open-ended as possible), but I'm very organised and I always get things done and meet deadlines.

Being able to cope does not mean your personality has turned upside down, especially if it's something you recognise that you've learned with the age.

Of course, it's possible that you've mistyped yourself in first place.
:yes:
Read about the functions. That should shed some light.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Well a P can be well organized if forced to be by your life. I'm currently living on my own, I'm a shop steward at work, and I run the local branch of a political party, all of which forces me to be relatively organized and intolerant of time wasting. These things I don't do for fun or because of an inner drive because I love organization, but because they are what the circumstance demands of me.

However my personal space is completely disorganized, my approach is still a laid back one relative to the situation, and I'm energized by deadlines, not scared by them. More importantly, is the issue of functions order. I can distinguish myself quickly from someone with Ni as their dominant percieving function - they have that brooding, romantic core, which gives them a great intensity even if they are an NT. However I'm stand-offish and analytical, responding spontaneously in terms of social interaction. I think XNXJ's know they are XNXJ's from the beginning, they have that a sense of almost priestly "other-worldishness" which is hard to explain without knowing them.

Or do I have XNXJ's all wrong? :s I admit I could be wrong as MBTI still confuses me on many aspects.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

Well socionics argues that we posses all 8 functions. I tend towards that view right now, 4 conscious, and 4 shadow, and there are some within that developing the view that situations can force different functions to the foreground. I tend towards that view right now.

Otherwise how do you explain an ISXP for example? Either they have no Fi or no Ti? I find that a hard one. It seems more as if the two functions would operate as a unity, but with one dominant over the other.

Pretty dialectical, "unity of opposites" and all that.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Well socionics argues that we posses all 8 functions. I tend towards that view right now, 4 conscious, and 4 shadow, and there are some within that developing the view that situations can force different functions to the foreground. I tend towards that view right now.

I guess that's it. I just like to adapt to the situation maybe.

What's interesting, I just asked my English teacher back home to write a recommendation letter for a scholarship and she wrote smth like:

She's a student that needs to be occupied until a total exhaustion, otherwise she's so energetic and sparkling, that she wont stop asking her smart questions to the teacher and her classmates. It means she's full of energy and always wants to be involved in some kind of process. If she's interested in the task she will do it quickly and the result will be creative and successful. But if she's not really interested in the task she may have small difficulties to overcome her laziness, but she's a girl who's goal-oriented (purposive?) and she knows what does she want to achieve. She's socially active, helpful and she respects work in a team. I highly appreciate her initiative and willingness to succeed with the goals she has made.

I guess, sounds more like an ENTj. :huh:

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
However my personal space is completely disorganized, my approach is still a laid back one relative to the situation, and I'm energized by deadlines, not scared by them. More importantly, is the issue of functions order. I can distinguish myself quickly from someone with Ni as their dominant percieving function - they have that brooding, romantic core, which gives them a great intensity even if they are an NT. However I'm stand-offish and analytical, responding spontaneously in terms of social interaction. I think XNXJ's know they are XNXJ's from the beginning, they have that a sense of almost priestly "other-worldishness" which is hard to explain without knowing them.

My personal place is fairly organized, it's definitely not perfectly neat, but anyway I could bring my friends in my room at any time, because it's never that bad that I should be ashamed of it. I like to call it ''organized-ly disorganized''. :D And here since I'm not with my parents and live with another family I'm totally not forced to have an organized place, because my hostsister, well compared to me she's a classical P, especially you can see it by looking at her room :D.

Well I've had this sense always, I just thought I was ENTP not xNxJ :D

The thing that really confuses me, is the functions. I'm 100% sure I had Ne before I left, but now it's either gone away for a seasonal sleep or just went on exchange year with Ni :D

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I guess that's it. I just like to adapt to the situation maybe.

What's interesting, I just asked my English teacher back home to write a recommendation letter for a scholarship and she wrote smth like:

She's a student that needs to be occupied until a total exhaustion, otherwise she's so energetic and sparkling, that she wont stop asking her smart questions to the teacher and her classmates. It means she's full of energy and always wants to be involved in some kind of process. If she's interested in the task she will do it quickly and the result will be creative and successful. But if she's not really interested in the task she may have small difficulties to overcome her laziness, but she's a girl who's goal-oriented (purposive?) and she knows what does she want to achieve. She's socially active, helpful and she respects work in a team. I highly appreciate her initiative and willingness to succeed with the goals she has made.

I guess, sounds more like an ENTj. :huh:

I don't say I'm an expert on ENTPs or ENTJs, but this actually sounds more ENTP to me.:huh: "Energetic, sparkling, won't stop asking smart questions, full of energy, wanting to be involved in process, doing tasks only when they're interesting"... That certainly sounds very, very Ne-dom to me, and I know at least two ENTPs and a few ENFPs who are like that. Perhaps you're just an ambitious ENTP? Why not?

By the way, things like tidiness of your room or leaving early for important appointments definitely don't decide if you're a P or a J. Your thought process does. Don't let the stereotypes get to you too much.;)

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Okay guys, I guess I'm still ENTp, just a little more inspired at being quiet and responsible :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Enneagram 7s love lists, and are frequently ENTPs. Not to mention, they make plans and don't stick to them.

I don't say I'm an expert on ENTPs or ENTJs, but this actually sounds more ENTP to me.:huh: "Energetic, sparkling, won't stop asking smart questions, full of energy, wanting to be involved in process, doing tasks only when they're interesting"... That certainly sounds very, very Ne-dom to me, and I know at least two ENTPs and a few ENFPs who are like that. Perhaps you're just an ambitious ENTP? Why not?

By the way, things like tidiness of your room or leaving early for important appointments definitely don't decide if you're a P or a J. Your thought process does. Don't let the stereotypes get to you too much.;)

+1 , Definitely sounds ENTP.