123 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Changing from P to J ??

I'm getting really confused, if a while ago i was completely sure I was P, then now i think I'm a really small p or x or even j. I'm sure that I was born as a pure P, but as both of my parents are a complete J psychos, I would like to tend to believe that they just made a big influence in me, but the thing is that while i was daily contacting and living together with them I was a P, but as I'm for half an year more or less on my own, my J-ness shows out more and more. :steam:

So basically the thing is that my working style has changed a lot. For important appointments I always leave earlier, I start and try to finish important stuff a while before the deadline, I use lists to remember all the things I have to do, I make plans, I hate when people waste my time because of their disorganized lifestyle. And basically yes, I really give a damn about everything that seems somewhat important to me.

But, I still have this laziness, even though I make plans and time tables, I rarely follow them completely. I love to postpone things a little bit and yeah, some P stuff is still alive in me. I'm not sure what to think. Is it even possible?
    Oh yeah?

It's all about natural preference - if you didn't have to organise your own life, would you still feel the need to?

There's also a million differences between an ENTJ and ENTP. The 4 dichotomies aren't what determine your behaviour, it's the functions that make them up.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    I'm getting really confused, if a while ago i was completely sure I was P.
    J.

I'm sure that I was born as a pure P, but as both of my parents are a complete J psychos, I would like to tend to believe that they just made a big influence in me, but the thing is that while i was daily contacting and living together with them I was a P, but as I'm for half an year more or less on my own, my J-ness shows out more and more. :steam:
    You were living under their rules, yes?

You conformed to their system. Less practical to externalize your routines. Not indicative of a P/J mindset.

So basically the thing is that my working style has changed a lot. For important appointments I always leave earlier, I start and try to finish important stuff a while before the deadline, I use lists to remember all the things I have to do, I make plans, I hate when people waste my time because of their disorganized lifestyle. And basically yes, I really give a damn about everything that seems somewhat important to me.
    J.

But, I still have this laziness, even though I make plans and time tables, I rarely follow them completely. I love to postpone things a little bit and yeah, some P stuff is still alive in me. I'm not sure what to think. Is it even possible?
    You'll pardon the generalizations, but your entire theme is a search for closure. Not even a tough read, to be honest - and, from the sounds of it, you know you're a J already.

All the way, J.

How strong is your intuition ?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

So you say I'm a fake ENTP? And now I'm turning into (showing my real nature ) a mean workaholic?

But I want to be an ENTP sometimes
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How strong is your intuition ?
    You mean the function? I usually score 85-95%, so I guess very strong. I'm definitely not a sensor.
    Oh yeah?

OK, ENTPs have Extraverted Intuition, whereas ENTJs have Introverted Intuition. Which one of these seems more like you?

Extraverted Intuition makes you aware of the wider context of whatever is being perceived, allowing you to create interesting responses and alter meaning on-the-fly. From this standpoint, context is inferred from what can be observed and otherwise outwardly perceived, like following a link labelled "relevant websites".

[youtube=1ioBZ5fNJO8]Ne[/youtube]

Introverted Intuition makes you aware of all the potential frameworks that could be applied to a situation, changing the meaning by simply approaching things in a different way. You're not "looking" for a wider context in the observable world, you're shifting perspective. From this standpoint, context is inferred from the assumptions we bring into the world, like changing the lens on a camera.

[youtube=FO214IFRW1M]Ni[/youtube]
    Hello

You mean the function? I usually score 85-95%, so I guess very strong. I'm definitely not a sensor.
    Well this explains much. Since typical J tendencies are usually associated with senseing. (or here and now)
    I mean atleast 80% of Js are SJs.

While in your case your very strong intuition is softening your J. Which than looks like a P. You simply theorize too much to look like a standard J. But you are one none the less.

Towards my opinion of course.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Hmmm. The thing is that, I used to have the first one definitely. I was the wittiest person ever! everyone admitted that.
    But now, I am on an exchange year and I think I've changed a lot, I'm not this witty anymore and even when I try, I can't be! That's insane, because at first when I tried to be funny, I just ended up with the fact that I can't because my language skills are too poor. i think that was the moment when it started to switch. I think right now I'm definitely the second one.
    I'm pretty curious what's gonna happen, when i return.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I used to think I was ENTp, too, then I switched to ENTj. I think that if you take a look at this website and try to figure out if your thinking is more aligned with ENTj's or ENTp's you might get a better idea of your type, rather than trying to find j-p correspondences in every day behavior (lots of ENTps are driven and thus could relate to what you've written in the OP).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp