• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm an intuiteer and I don't respond like that most of the time. Total ESTJ game-face, bro.

MBTI Type
ENTP
to OP: you're describing perceivers. we don't like responsibility.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
No one has even come close to answering her question! :doh:

I'll try...

Standing is actually a fairly coordinated but automatic function of the larger leg, and to some degree the core abdominal and back muscles. It relies on proprioceptive feedback combined with inner ear balance feedback and visual cues to accomplish. Really, there isn't that much of a fundamental difference in the nervous systems of sensors and intuitives. Sensing and intuition are a higher cognitive process than standing. Standing is accomplished in the exact same way by both preferences, although they are likely to be perceiving information in a different way while accomplishing this common but interesting neuromuscular feat.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
That's not really N-people. I do some of the generalizing as well as in the OP ("Well, many people have/lose jobs") but that's only if I'm trying to fish for something real to discuss about. You get what I mean? Oh and I'm very N.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
No one has even come close to answering her question! :doh:

I'll try...

Standing is actually a fairly coordinated but automatic function of the larger leg, and to some degree the core abdominal and back muscles. It relies on proprioceptive feedback combined with inner ear balance feedback and visual cues to accomplish. Really, there isn't that much of a fundamental difference in the nervous systems of sensors and intuitives. Sensing and intuition are a higher cognitive process than standing. Standing is accomplished in the exact same way by both preferences, although they are likely to be perceiving information in a different way while accomplishing this common but interesting neuromuscular feat.

ROFLMFAO!!

JAVO (normally I'd say FTW) but you get an Epic Deathblow Fatality for that comment. Well done! :)

G

Ginkgo

Anything we want.
(It's all connected.)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqJOIQWkfWA"]CONNECTED[/YOUTUBE]

Reality is a spiderweb...

spiderweb.jpg

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Human being are social creatures, and concern for each other is the very basis of our life together.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?

Having sometimes had to answer questions like this, I have learned the best answer is, stand up straight, look important, clearly and distinctly say:

"You should quit your job."

And nod to reinforce the positive.

Nod some more to make it imperative.

Expand for clarity: "Yes," you tell them, "quit your job."

They say, "Whut?! No, if I quit my job..."

It's like the "Haha, made you look!" game, except this time it's "Haha, made you N."

Ah, interaction styles.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense.

Well, I could pretty much say this:

How can you stand sensors? They never answer a question thoughtfully. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and are obtuse unless they can speak iNuitive language. Aren't you Ss annoyed by other Ss? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to actually listen to you, they still completely miss the point and give an over-simplified, trite answer.

Just a matter of perspective :newwink:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I can't stand intuitives either. Losers who can't dunk. Take up too much space at the gym and wutnot.

They also make particularly sardonic baristas.:steam:

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I could pretty much say this:

How can you stand sensors? They never answer a question thoughtfully. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and are obtuse unless they can speak iNuitive language. Aren't you Ss annoyed by other Ss? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to actually listen to you, they still completely miss the point and give an over-simplified, trite answer.

Just a matter of perspective :newwink:

Mind reader.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had jack shit of an idea what an iNtuitive or a Sensor was until a few years ago.

My older (10 yrs. older) brother is an iNtuitive (INTJ) and I had ALOT of exposure to him. He was a really, really cool big brother. He basically told me "OK, here's the deal. You can come with me wherever you want, but if you tell Mom or Dad ANYTHING me and my friends are doing, I'm going to beat the living shit out of you. OK?" And I said: "Fine with me. Let's go!"

So, I had the (social/anti-social/deviant) education of someone a decade older than me from age 5 forward, plus I got to hear all the wild shit that was swirling around in his brain as he contemplated it.

There are times when he had enough though, and he would disappear into his room, in the den, or wherever me, Mom, and Dad were not. He read books voaraciously. He floundered in school, because he just didn't care, and then when he was ready he wrote a computer softweare application and helped my Dad start a company.

Intuitives are a trip. :yes:

My wife is an INFJ. She has such an interesting flow of things that pop into her mind. What we talk about when I come home from work would never in my mind manifest, but I love it. It's refreshing.

Sensor this, iNtuitive that. Whatever. Embrace people. Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life. To successfully do so you will need both perspectives. :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I enjoy driving S's crazy by asking for advice, considering it as information and then making another choice. :D

wolfy

awsm
I enjoy driving S's crazy by asking for advice, considering it as information and then making another choice. :D

You are talking about SJ's well thought out advice. SP's couldn't care either way. "Do what you want" is the SP motto.

Qre:us

(A) If you want security, wait until you have another one lined up.

or

(B) If frustrated with current job > need for security, then, quit that fucker and roll the dice.

Now, which do you prefer? A or B?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Stand? You don't have to stand them. They're your little puppets, you control them!

Well personally, if my puppet intuitive gets out of line, I just bitch slap them and tell them to go back into their box until I tell them its time to come out. :yes:

See? Either that or you can just STAND on them. It works either way.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
N-people: Asked what?
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
ME: *turns into the Hulk*

Have another one lined up unless you can afford to not work for a period of several weeks to years. :hug:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Lol, most of the people answering to this thread, I see, are just answering a question to her EXAMPLE, not to what the actual thread is about. Let me give you a hint (how can you stand N's?)

I think she's just showing frustration to N's by expressing an example, I don't think she actually wants help right now on her job process. ;)*

*It's possible that Stepho is incorrect, no refunds.