• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
N-people: Asked what?
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
ME: *turns into the Hulk*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Can't really stand most people, but that's more my problem than theirs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, you could learn to tolerate us or at least look at us from another perspective beside your own.... or I suppose you could just never choose to speak to us again... or you could become a cheesemaker in northern rural Wisconsin.

The possibilities are endless!

N person: Why are you asking me if you should quit your job?

I always enjoyed that too.

I mean, how the hell can I tell someone else what they should do with such a big change in their lives?
I can just frame the situation for them.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
:laugh:

I would have told you something less helpful, "you should do which one feels right to you".

G

garbage

We can't help that we're so beautiful

Wait, what was this topic about again?

I mean, how the hell can I tell someone else what they should do with such a big change in their lives?

This, yeah. In most cases, I really think that all I should do is help them talk through the situation and evaluate the positives and negatives, then let them come up with their own solution.

When I offer 'direct' advice, it's usually in the form of a question ("Why don't you ... ?") or with the caveat that it's their decision. That can be frustrating for someone looking for an answer, for sure, but I rarely treat myself as an authoritative figure who has the answers.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
:laugh:

I would have told you something less helpful, "you should do which one feels right to you".

LOL, I've taken to saying that to people when I don't feel like thinking of an answer, but still give them some faux credit for their mental faculties.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
N person: Why are you asking me if you should quit your job?

+1.

Even if we were close enough for you to ask me in confidence, it doesn't make much sense to give you a from-the-hip response if I'm not sure where your head's at.

That would be a disservice to you.

How do I correct this ignorance? By asking probing questions. Open-ended questions will generally give way to linear analysis.

Valuable advice takes time to unpack.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
+1.

Even if we were close enough for you to ask me in confidence, it doesn't make much sense to give you a from-the-hip response if I'm not sure where your head's at.

How do I correct this ignorance? By asking probing questions. Open-ended questions will generally give way to linear analysis.

I tuned out at "Even."

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Exactly! Or, I will tell someone what they should or shouldn't do, but not before I dig and uncover every last corner of their lives related to the question. I mean, I like to give solid advice!
Yes/No responses are best left for The Magic 8 Ball.

+1.

Precisely!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
ROFL!

You really want to drive an S postal, don't you?

Haha no, but I hate making decisions for people when I can barely make them for myself. :laugh:

I'm good for a listening shoulder, but not for advice that takes choices away.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tuned out at "Even."

...You crazy ESFPs. :D

"Help me decide what to do with my li.... ooooh, look, candy! And... oh did i tell you what i had for dinner last ni... oh, that skirt is on sale and.... ooooooh so-and-so really steamed me up during lunch, I wish they would ha... hmmm.... i wonder if it will rain today, i really hope not."

Yes/No responses are best left for The Magic 8 Ball.

Ooooooh. I love magic 8-ball.

It helps me making arbitrary decisions that I can then reject and do something else instead.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ooooooh. I love magic 8-ball.

It helps me making arbitrary decisions that I can then reject and do something else instead.
Haha! Too bad you can blame it when you make a bad decision. Or, can you...?