• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Got you..I caught that.

I'm in shadow mode right now after a traumatic experience the other day. I'm an ISTJ most of the time. That means you're my cousin- welcome to the forum!

Thanks! Nice to meet you, cousin.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
N-people: Asked what?
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
ME: *turns into the Hulk*

Let me tell you what I would have said, and you tell me if I would be an EVOOOOO intuitive asshole:

1. Tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job.
2. Now tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job without getting another one first.
3. Now tell me the positives and negatives of waiting to get a new job until you have a new one.
4. Let me give you / You give me some examples of people who have done 2. and 3.
5. Which one feels right to you / would be the most comfortable/acceptable route?
6. What plan of action do you want to attempt with this new info?

Of course, I wouldn't ask so directly. I would ask: "Why do you want to get a new job?" Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 2. Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 3. Then I'd gauge your reactions, and ask you which one feels right to you. Then I may or may not give you my impressions from my questions. Then we'd sort things out and seek the best alternative. Then we'd make a plan and/or brainstorm how to get there. Then we'd see how that feels with you and adjust as we go.

That's Carolyn-style ENF-something-or-whatever-the-hell planning. :D

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
i would just like to say screw you.

I have lots of S friends and it seems to me that you guys are completely oblivious to so many details that me and other N's pick up.

The difference is, i respect that good qualities that S's have and dont start a form about how i dont get them and they irritate me.

And i think its pretty presumptuous to assume that we N's irritate eachother.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.

Yeah? Well, why do Sensing people have to give every intricate detail of a story, dream, joke or movie and bore the crap out of the rest of us?

My S Friend: Wanna hear about the dream I had last night?

Me: Sure.

My S Friend: Okay, well, I was driving in the car with you, we were in this great big black chevy...No, wait, it wasn't black it was red. And it was a truck not a car. ANYway, so we were driving off into the sunset. It was a really pretty sunset. Orange, red and yellow all mixed together. Really pretty, I really liked it. ANYway, so you were flipping around on the radio dials when the Beatles' song "Twist and Shout" came on...No, wait, it wasn't "Twist and Shout" I forget what it was called, but it was the Beatles. ANYway, we started dancing and then you saw this squirrel and jumped right out of the car and started chasing it! And I was like "Jenny, get back here!" But, there you were chasing that little brown, furry squirrel. You were wearing a light blue jumpsuit with gold buttons up and down the front and you were wearing these awesome shoes! They had sequins all over them! Well, then Tyler showed up, you remember Tyler don't you? That guy that we met at Taco Bell with the long blonde hair, well, you know, his hair's not that long, it's about chin length. ANYway, he shows up and he asks "What's going on?" And you said "Nothing, just trying to stab my leg." And I was like "What the heck?!" And then Braxton shows up, Oh myyyy gaaaawsh he looked so sexy! You still haven't met Braxton yet, have you? Oh my gosh, you have to meet him he is the hottest boy you will ever meet. So, in my dream he was wearing this orange shirt and these jeans with holes in them and his hat. I love that hat. It makes him look super sexy! ANYway, so this slow song started playing, I think it was "Love Story" by Taylor Swift...Well, something by Taylor Swift. ANYway, Braxton and I started dancing to it. You and Tyler went chasing after the squirrel. So we were dancing and it was so romantic and beautiful. And then he stepped on my right...no, wait, my LEFT foot! And I was just like "Dude!" and he said "Sorry, I have to go sell lemonade." And ran away. And I was just like "WTF", except you know, to us "WTF" doesn't mean "What the %#$^ ?!" It means "Wasn't that funny?" Haha. ANYway, so I said to you in an angry voice "Come on, Jenny, we're leaving!" and you were like "I still havent' caught that squirrel!" And I looked down and your pants were completely off! You were wearing pink underwear with elephants on them. It was pretty sweet. I would've worn them. ANYway, so you and Tyler get into the car and we start driving and...Oh, it's nightime now. And then we saw Ashley and I was like "Ashley! Get in this car!" And she said "Okay." So she did. And we got in the car and she was sitting in the front, you and Tyler were sitting in the back. ANYway, so then suddenly the sun came up again, you know, that same red, orange and yellow sunset I was talking about earlier? And then this dinosaur came and started chasing us. It was a tyrannosaurus...no, wait...a velosaraptor! Yeah, that's it! ANYway, it started chasing us and Ashley told me to step on the gas, so I did. And you were telling me not to drive so fast. I was going atleast 90...but then I slowed down to about 80 to miss a cat, a white furry cat, which I managed to hit anyway. You weren't too happy about it. ANYway, so we came to a complete halt and then my MOM shows up at the window and says "Wow! You're a better driver than me!" And gave me a high five. Hahahaha. Wasn't that a funny dream, Jenny? Jenny?

Me: *snores*

I know this doesn't apply to all Sensors...but neither does your assesment of Intuitives.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: to that dream.

Actually, my first reaction at reading the question about changing your job was thinking: What a strange question! And looking at the other N´s responses I understood why: An N would have put the question something like this:

"I´m kind of frustrated with my job so far, it doesn´t fulfill me at all, and I´m wondering if I should look for a new one. But then again times are hard and I wonder if it´s crazy to give up that job without having my hands firmly on another one just yet. What do you think, should I go for self realization or financial security?"

-"Rabbi Kustovsky, should I buy a Chrysler?"
- "Could you refrase that as an ethical question?"
-"Um ...is it right to buy a Chrysler?"
-"Yes! For great is the car with power steering and dyna-flow suspension."

KDude

Yeah? Well, why do Sensing people have to give every intricate detail of a story, dream, joke or movie and bore the crap out of the rest of us?

My S Friend: Wanna hear about the dream I had last night?

Me: Sure.

My S Friend: Okay, well, I was driving in the car with you, we were in this great big black chevy...No, wait, it wasn't black it was red. And it was a truck not a car. ANYway, so we were driving off into the sunset. It was a really pretty sunset. Orange, red and yellow all mixed together. Really pretty, I really liked it. ANYway, so you were flipping around on the radio dials when the Beatles' song "Twist and Shout" came on...No, wait, it wasn't "Twist and Shout" I forget what it was called, but it was the Beatles. ANYway, we started dancing and then you saw this squirrel and jumped right out of the car and started chasing it! And I was like "Jenny, get back here!" But, there you were chasing that little brown, furry squirrel. You were wearing a light blue jumpsuit with gold buttons up and down the front and you were wearing these awesome shoes! They had sequins all over them! Well, then Tyler showed up, you remember Tyler don't you? That guy that we met at Taco Bell with the long blonde hair, well, you know, his hair's not that long, it's about chin length. ANYway, he shows up and he asks "What's going on?" And you said "Nothing, just trying to stab my leg." And I was like "What the heck?!" And then Braxton shows up, Oh myyyy gaaaawsh he looked so sexy! You still haven't met Braxton yet, have you? Oh my gosh, you have to meet him he is the hottest boy you will ever meet. So, in my dream he was wearing this orange shirt and these jeans with holes in them and his hat. I love that hat. It makes him look super sexy! ANYway, so this slow song started playing, I think it was "Love Story" by Taylor Swift...Well, something by Taylor Swift. ANYway, Braxton and I started dancing to it. You and Tyler went chasing after the squirrel. So we were dancing and it was so romantic and beautiful. And then he stepped on my right...no, wait, my LEFT foot! And I was just like "Dude!" and he said "Sorry, I have to go sell lemonade." And ran away. And I was just like "WTF", except you know, to us "WTF" doesn't mean "What the %#$^ ?!" It means "Wasn't that funny?" Haha. ANYway, so I said to you in an angry voice "Come on, Jenny, we're leaving!" and you were like "I still havent' caught that squirrel!" And I looked down and your pants were completely off! You were wearing pink underwear with elephants on them. It was pretty sweet. I would've worn them. ANYway, so you and Tyler get into the car and we start driving and...Oh, it's nightime now. And then we saw Ashley and I was like "Ashley! Get in this car!" And she said "Okay." So she did. And we got in the car and she was sitting in the front, you and Tyler were sitting in the back. ANYway, so then suddenly the sun came up again, you know, that same red, orange and yellow sunset I was talking about earlier? And then this dinosaur came and started chasing us. It was a tyrannosaurus...no, wait...a velosaraptor! Yeah, that's it! ANYway, it started chasing us and Ashley told me to step on the gas, so I did. And you were telling me not to drive so fast. I was going atleast 90...but then I slowed down to about 80 to miss a cat, a white furry cat, which I managed to hit anyway. You weren't too happy about it. ANYway, so we came to a complete halt and then my MOM shows up at the window and says "Wow! You're a better driver than me!" And gave me a high five. Hahahaha. Wasn't that a funny dream, Jenny? Jenny?

Me: *snores*

I know this doesn't apply to all Sensors...but neither does your assesment of Intuitives.

That's funny, because your post is too long for me to even read. I have a friend, for example, who accuses me of "holding back", if that says anything. I don't mean to.. It's just not for me. But I do get detail oriented in different ways. I might annoy you still :p

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't have too many communication problems.

I can follow a straight line of reason. I can follow a scattered train if thought.
I can follow direct or indirect. Abstract or concrete.

Most problems arise when people want something different. Most communication problems are emotionaly based and subjective in origin.

So I would say T/F would cause way more problems than N/S , at least for me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP: I find this going around in circles trait more common with NP's than NJ's. Probably someone already said that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's funny, because your post is too long for me to even read. I have a friend, for example, who accuses me of "holding back", if that says anything. I don't mean to.. It's just not for me. But I do get detail oriented in different ways. I might annoy you still :p

I'm extremely N but I didn't read it either.

Lack of paragraph markers annoy me greatly. It shows incoherence. If they can't make the effort to communicate and think about the reader, I don't tolerate them just making me a target for the blob they are throwing at the wall. it shows a lack of concern for the reader and maybe even a sense of entitlement and laziness.

It's not just N's; I've had ISFPs (for example) write me sprawling letters like that too, and I just don't bother.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know I am late to the party but, in this situation, I would most likely make you answer the question but you would have left the conversation thinking I answered it for you. Win/win!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Let me tell you what I would have said, and you tell me if I would be an EVOOOOO intuitive asshole:

1. Tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job.
2. Now tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job without getting another one first.
3. Now tell me the positives and negatives of waiting to get a new job until you have a new one.
4. Let me give you / You give me some examples of people who have done 2. and 3.
5. Which one feels right to you / would be the most comfortable/acceptable route?
6. What plan of action do you want to attempt with this new info?

Of course, I wouldn't ask so directly. I would ask: "Why do you want to get a new job?" Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 2. Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 3. Then I'd gauge your reactions, and ask you which one feels right to you. Then I may or may not give you my impressions from my questions. Then we'd sort things out and seek the best alternative. Then we'd make a plan and/or brainstorm how to get there. Then we'd see how that feels with you and adjust as we go.
:yes:

That's what I meant by making the OP answer it but letting them think I was the one that did it. :)

O

Oberon

"Do not go to the elves for advice, for they will answer both no and yes."

Elves are obviously xNxP.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
KDude and Jennifer- That was my point, I wasn't expecting anyone to read it. I'm normally concerned with paragraphs as well, I just put it in a big blob to make my point clear. :p

But, like I said. I know it doesn't apply to all S types. I was just using an example of what my S friend does quite a lot of. I know its not an accurate portrayal of all S types. Just trying to get back at the OP in my own annoying way. :p

KDude

It's not just N's; I've had ISFPs (for example) write me sprawling letters like that too, and I just don't bother.

I've written somewhat like that with someone close and (in these cases) was frustrated with (not really storytelling), like with a family or a girl.. but it's rare.. and in speech, it's a totally different thing. I'm not really good at telling a story at length like some people.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
OP, said person doesnt sound intuitive, sounds stoned. Ask when they sober up.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
OP:

Ask an "S" for advice about specifics.

Ask an "N" for possibilities and options.

Chloe

I had so many times situation like in the OP with my ISTJ sister :lol:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3D7Qm-gQoE"]Right back at'cha.[/YOUTUBE]

By the way, wait til you have another job lined up.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Quit your job and do something you like is what I always tell people. No point in doing something you hate. If you get another job make sure it's what you want or you will be stuck in the same scenerio. You will have the same converstation with the N person which will probably annoy him or her.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

:laugh: I don't think I'm THAT bad but I can be quite awful. I'm a lot (thank you Fuzzy for this analogy) like google. If you put the right word sequence in, you'll get an optimal inquiry. Word the same thing differently, and you might as well be speaking in tongues.

With the wishy-washy not-a-definite-answer thing displayed above, at least with me, I feel like I lack a place to say something. How I would respond:

You: Should I quit my job or wait till I have another one lined up?
Me: Well, what jobs are you looking at getting into? If x field requires a long application process, I would wait until you have one lined up.. if you're fairly sure of yourself, or too depressed at your job to safely (mentally/emotionally) deal with it, I'd suggest just quitting.

It's probably not the definite answer you're looking for, but all I would have is objective analysis of the situation, not my personal opinion.. because I would never want my personal opinion to influence you, only to turn out that my opinion was wrong and cause resentment/strain in the future.