User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If someone did that to me I would ask them "Why can't you give me a straight answer?" If they didn't give me a straight answer then, I'd probably stop talking to them.

I actually know one intuitive who does this to mess with me, and I do it right back. Gotta fight fire with fire. He acts all complicated, and I act stupid on purpose.

I don't think you guys understand the context. This is a serious question. You don't take stuff like that... not seriously. That would take about ~15 seconds to answer. Then if you wanted to be silly afterwards then yeah.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Honestly, i can't stand most intuitives either. There's nothing more annoying than an overly dismissive NT who thinks they know everything because they study Math and Physics, thus making all else irrelevent in the world. My most FAVORITE people are ISTJs w/o sticks up their asses and not overly obsessed with organization. A chill ISTJ is the coolest person in the world if you ask me.

.... but then again, Sensor bother me just as much in other ways..... . such as you, miss parker ESFP!! "that's how i roll" <---- wtf, i've heard that same line 183252353 times from my ESTP Haitian friend SO MANY TIMES NOW i don't think it has any meaning. WHY DO YOU EVEN SAY THOSE DAMNED THINGS?!? and you accuse Intuitives of saying nothing? :P

I guess i just hate everybody!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
    ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    N-people: Asked what?
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    ME: *turns into the Hulk*
    Well if it was me I'd be thinking on the inside: Why the fuck is this person asking me such a stupid question? Why do I know or care if you should quit your job? But I'd give you vague non-committal answers instead, because telling you that might just be considered rude.

For future reference though, would most people prefer it straight?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Thing is, I will advise a friend that it's not a good idea to quit the job if they don't have something else lined up (not exactly rocket science) but they usually have already made their decision but want me to tell them to do whatever it is they are already going to do anyway. Then, when they are broke because they quit their job like an idiot, they want to borrow gas money or crash on my sofa.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is a serious question. ... That would take about ~15 seconds to answer.
    I would seriously hope that a question as serious as the one the OP had would take more than 15 seconds to answer.

A quick answer isn't always the best one. I could just arbitrarily state "quit your job" immediately after being asked, but I'd rather have a feel for the situation as a whole before I give an answer. It would take some time to discuss the context of the question so that a good answer can actually be given and, hopefully, agreed upon. I'd want the other person to feel comfortable with the choice that they're going to make before they actually go off and make it, too.

But, hey. If the other person wants a quick answer, I'll give it to them. I make no guarantees that it'll be a thoughtful one, though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I would seriously hope that a question as serious as the one the OP had would take more than 15 seconds to answer.
    BC is really practical, and his Ni makes him capable of understanding the most essential aspects of an issue. He could probably answer in 15 seconds

Us Ne-doms, we have a little more trouble with quickly formulating an answer to something like that though. We complicate the matter with all these possible repercussions and implications, and we want to understand the issue fully before offering advice, so it takes us a bit more time to talk through it and figure out a solution. That's probably why people like KP's intuitive friend just sluff off those kind of important questions; thinking about them can some times be exhausting. If we aren't particularly interested in the issue, we just avoid thinking about it on a substantial level and focus on something that will be more entertaining (ie, beating around the bush, poking fun, offering some kind of tangential joke, etc.).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    For future reference though, would most people prefer it straight?
    Answering with your own words.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Why the fuck is this person asking me such a stupid question?
    Giving it straight is the best way you can do it 99% of the time, unless you're walking on egg shells. But that's a different context.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    If this is a true story or even close to anything you've experienced, I'm convinced you have an idiot issue and not an iNtuitive issue.
    This ^ if what you wrote was a typical conversation between you and your iNtuitive friend. However, in another line of thinking, maybe they were just messing with you. Maybe they thought it was funny, maybe they didn't want to answer this question, maybe they didn't think you'd care about their answer, and you would do what you wanted to do anyway, maybe they didn't want to play into whatever they thought you may be expecting of them, maybe... I'll just stop there.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    This ^ if what you wrote was a typical conversation between you and your iNtuitive friend. However, in another line of thinking, maybe they were just messing with you. Maybe they thought it was funny, maybe they didn't want to answer this question, maybe they didn't think you'd care about their answer, and you would do what you wanted to do anyway, maybe they didn't want to play into whatever they thought you may be expecting of them, maybe... I'll just stop there.
    Exactly. This is probably not an "idiot issue". Conversational terrorism is just FUN!

You'd think an ESFP would understand the meaning behind fun, but then again with generalizations such as this...maybe not.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Okay, yeah, all of this is definitely true. The 'mental filter that is Ne' will undoubtedly question what the 'mental filter that is Ni' thinks is just plain obvious.