User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Let me tell you what I would have said, and you tell me if I would be an EVOOOOO intuitive asshole:

1. Tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job.
    2. Now tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job without getting another one first.
    3. Now tell me the positives and negatives of waiting to get a new job until you have a new one.
    4. Let me give you / You give me some examples of people who have done 2. and 3.
    5. Which one feels right to you / would be the most comfortable/acceptable route?
    6. What plan of action do you want to attempt with this new info?

Of course, I wouldn't ask so directly. I would ask: "Why do you want to get a new job?" Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 2. Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 3. Then I'd gauge your reactions, and ask you which one feels right to you. Then I may or may not give you my impressions from my questions. Then we'd sort things out and seek the best alternative. Then we'd make a plan and/or brainstorm how to get there. Then we'd see how that feels with you and adjust as we go.

That's what I meant by making the OP answer it but letting them think I was the one that did it.

Oberon

"Do not go to the elves for advice, for they will answer both no and yes."

Elves are obviously xNxP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

KDude and Jennifer- That was my point, I wasn't expecting anyone to read it. I'm normally concerned with paragraphs as well, I just put it in a big blob to make my point clear. :P

But, like I said. I know it doesn't apply to all S types. I was just using an example of what my S friend does quite a lot of. I know its not an accurate portrayal of all S types. Just trying to get back at the OP in my own annoying way. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

It's not just N's; I've had ISFPs (for example) write me sprawling letters like that too, and I just don't bother.
    I've written somewhat like that with someone close and (in these cases) was frustrated with (not really storytelling), like with a family or a girl.. but it's rare.. and in speech, it's a totally different thing. I'm not really good at telling a story at length like some people.

MBTI
    INFJ

OP, said person doesnt sound intuitive, sounds stoned. Ask when they sober up.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

OP:

Ask an "S" for advice about specifics.

Ask an "N" for possibilities and options.

I had so many times situation like in the OP with my ISTJ sister :lol:

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3D7Qm-gQoE"]Right back at'cha.[/YOUTUBE]

By the way, wait til you have another job lined up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quit your job and do something you like is what I always tell people. No point in doing something you hate. If you get another job make sure it's what you want or you will be stuck in the same scenerio. You will have the same converstation with the N person which will probably annoy him or her.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
    ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    N-people: Asked what?
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    ME: *turns into the Hulk*
    I don't think I'm THAT bad but I can be quite awful. I'm a lot (thank you Fuzzy for this analogy) like google. If you put the right word sequence in, you'll get an optimal inquiry. Word the same thing differently, and you might as well be speaking in tongues.

With the wishy-washy not-a-definite-answer thing displayed above, at least with me, I feel like I lack a place to say something. How I would respond:

You: Should I quit my job or wait till I have another one lined up?
    Me: Well, what jobs are you looking at getting into? If x field requires a long application process, I would wait until you have one lined up.. if you're fairly sure of yourself, or too depressed at your job to safely (mentally/emotionally) deal with it, I'd suggest just quitting.

It's probably not the definite answer you're looking for, but all I would have is objective analysis of the situation, not my personal opinion.. because I would never want my personal opinion to influence you, only to turn out that my opinion was wrong and cause resentment/strain in the future.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge