MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Got you..I caught that.

I'm in shadow mode right now after a traumatic experience the other day. I'm an ISTJ most of the time. That means you're my cousin- welcome to the forum!
    Thanks! Nice to meet you, cousin.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
    ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    N-people: Asked what?
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    ME: *turns into the Hulk*
    Let me tell you what I would have said, and you tell me if I would be an EVOOOOO intuitive asshole:

1. Tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job.
    2. Now tell me the positives and negatives of getting a new job without getting another one first.
    3. Now tell me the positives and negatives of waiting to get a new job until you have a new one.
    4. Let me give you / You give me some examples of people who have done 2. and 3.
    5. Which one feels right to you / would be the most comfortable/acceptable route?
    6. What plan of action do you want to attempt with this new info?

Of course, I wouldn't ask so directly. I would ask: "Why do you want to get a new job?" Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 2. Then I'd play devil's advocate and fight for 3. Then I'd gauge your reactions, and ask you which one feels right to you. Then I may or may not give you my impressions from my questions. Then we'd sort things out and seek the best alternative. Then we'd make a plan and/or brainstorm how to get there. Then we'd see how that feels with you and adjust as we go.

That's Carolyn-style ENF-something-or-whatever-the-hell planning.

MBTI
    ENFP

i would just like to say screw you.

I have lots of S friends and it seems to me that you guys are completely oblivious to so many details that me and other N's pick up.

The difference is, i respect that good qualities that S's have and dont start a form about how i dont get them and they irritate me.

And i think its pretty presumptuous to assume that we N's irritate eachother.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    Yeah? Well, why do Sensing people have to give every intricate detail of a story, dream, joke or movie and bore the crap out of the rest of us?

My S Friend: Wanna hear about the dream I had last night?

Me: Sure.

My S Friend: Okay, well, I was driving in the car with you, we were in this great big black chevy...No, wait, it wasn't black it was red. And it was a truck not a car. ANYway, so we were driving off into the sunset. It was a really pretty sunset. Orange, red and yellow all mixed together. Really pretty, I really liked it. ANYway, so you were flipping around on the radio dials when the Beatles' song "Twist and Shout" came on...No, wait, it wasn't "Twist and Shout" I forget what it was called, but it was the Beatles. ANYway, we started dancing and then you saw this squirrel and jumped right out of the car and started chasing it! And I was like "Jenny, get back here!" But, there you were chasing that little brown, furry squirrel. You were wearing a light blue jumpsuit with gold buttons up and down the front and you were wearing these awesome shoes! They had sequins all over them! Well, then Tyler showed up, you remember Tyler don't you? That guy that we met at Taco Bell with the long blonde hair, well, you know, his hair's not that long, it's about chin length. ANYway, he shows up and he asks "What's going on?" And you said "Nothing, just trying to stab my leg." And I was like "What the heck?!" And then Braxton shows up, Oh myyyy gaaaawsh he looked so sexy! You still haven't met Braxton yet, have you? Oh my gosh, you have to meet him he is the hottest boy you will ever meet. So, in my dream he was wearing this orange shirt and these jeans with holes in them and his hat. I love that hat. It makes him look super sexy! ANYway, so this slow song started playing, I think it was "Love Story" by Taylor Swift...Well, something by Taylor Swift. ANYway, Braxton and I started dancing to it. You and Tyler went chasing after the squirrel. So we were dancing and it was so romantic and beautiful. And then he stepped on my right...no, wait, my LEFT foot! And I was just like "Dude!" and he said "Sorry, I have to go sell lemonade." And ran away. And I was just like "WTF", except you know, to us "WTF" doesn't mean "What the %#$^ ?!" It means "Wasn't that funny?" Haha. ANYway, so I said to you in an angry voice "Come on, Jenny, we're leaving!" and you were like "I still havent' caught that squirrel!" And I looked down and your pants were completely off! You were wearing pink underwear with elephants on them. It was pretty sweet. I would've worn them. ANYway, so you and Tyler get into the car and we start driving and...Oh, it's nightime now. And then we saw Ashley and I was like "Ashley! Get in this car!" And she said "Okay." So she did. And we got in the car and she was sitting in the front, you and Tyler were sitting in the back. ANYway, so then suddenly the sun came up again, you know, that same red, orange and yellow sunset I was talking about earlier? And then this dinosaur came and started chasing us. It was a tyrannosaurus...no, wait...a velosaraptor! Yeah, that's it! ANYway, it started chasing us and Ashley told me to step on the gas, so I did. And you were telling me not to drive so fast. I was going atleast 90...but then I slowed down to about 80 to miss a cat, a white furry cat, which I managed to hit anyway. You weren't too happy about it. ANYway, so we came to a complete halt and then my MOM shows up at the window and says "Wow! You're a better driver than me!" And gave me a high five. Hahahaha. Wasn't that a funny dream, Jenny? Jenny?

Me: *snores*

I know this doesn't apply to all Sensors...but neither does your assesment of Intuitives.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

to that dream.

Actually, my first reaction at reading the question about changing your job was thinking: What a strange question! And looking at the other N´s responses I understood why: An N would have put the question something like this:

"I´m kind of frustrated with my job so far, it doesn´t fulfill me at all, and I´m wondering if I should look for a new one. But then again times are hard and I wonder if it´s crazy to give up that job without having my hands firmly on another one just yet. What do you think, should I go for self realization or financial security?"

-"Rabbi Kustovsky, should I buy a Chrysler?"
    - "Could you refrase that as an ethical question?"
    -"Um ...is it right to buy a Chrysler?"
    -"Yes! For great is the car with power steering and dyna-flow suspension."
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Yeah? Well, why do Sensing people have to give every intricate detail of a story, dream, joke or movie and bore the crap out of the rest of us?

My S Friend: Wanna hear about the dream I had last night?

Me: Sure.

My S Friend: Okay, well, I was driving in the car with you, we were in this great big black chevy...No, wait, it wasn't black it was red. And it was a truck not a car. ANYway, so we were driving off into the sunset. It was a really pretty sunset. Orange, red and yellow all mixed together. Really pretty, I really liked it. ANYway, so you were flipping around on the radio dials when the Beatles' song "Twist and Shout" came on...No, wait, it wasn't "Twist and Shout" I forget what it was called, but it was the Beatles. ANYway, we started dancing and then you saw this squirrel and jumped right out of the car and started chasing it! And I was like "Jenny, get back here!" But, there you were chasing that little brown, furry squirrel. You were wearing a light blue jumpsuit with gold buttons up and down the front and you were wearing these awesome shoes! They had sequins all over them! Well, then Tyler showed up, you remember Tyler don't you? That guy that we met at Taco Bell with the long blonde hair, well, you know, his hair's not that long, it's about chin length. ANYway, he shows up and he asks "What's going on?" And you said "Nothing, just trying to stab my leg." And I was like "What the heck?!" And then Braxton shows up, Oh myyyy gaaaawsh he looked so sexy! You still haven't met Braxton yet, have you? Oh my gosh, you have to meet him he is the hottest boy you will ever meet. So, in my dream he was wearing this orange shirt and these jeans with holes in them and his hat. I love that hat. It makes him look super sexy! ANYway, so this slow song started playing, I think it was "Love Story" by Taylor Swift...Well, something by Taylor Swift. ANYway, Braxton and I started dancing to it. You and Tyler went chasing after the squirrel. So we were dancing and it was so romantic and beautiful. And then he stepped on my right...no, wait, my LEFT foot! And I was just like "Dude!" and he said "Sorry, I have to go sell lemonade." And ran away. And I was just like "WTF", except you know, to us "WTF" doesn't mean "What the %#$^ ?!" It means "Wasn't that funny?" Haha. ANYway, so I said to you in an angry voice "Come on, Jenny, we're leaving!" and you were like "I still havent' caught that squirrel!" And I looked down and your pants were completely off! You were wearing pink underwear with elephants on them. It was pretty sweet. I would've worn them. ANYway, so you and Tyler get into the car and we start driving and...Oh, it's nightime now. And then we saw Ashley and I was like "Ashley! Get in this car!" And she said "Okay." So she did. And we got in the car and she was sitting in the front, you and Tyler were sitting in the back. ANYway, so then suddenly the sun came up again, you know, that same red, orange and yellow sunset I was talking about earlier? And then this dinosaur came and started chasing us. It was a tyrannosaurus...no, wait...a velosaraptor! Yeah, that's it! ANYway, it started chasing us and Ashley told me to step on the gas, so I did. And you were telling me not to drive so fast. I was going atleast 90...but then I slowed down to about 80 to miss a cat, a white furry cat, which I managed to hit anyway. You weren't too happy about it. ANYway, so we came to a complete halt and then my MOM shows up at the window and says "Wow! You're a better driver than me!" And gave me a high five. Hahahaha. Wasn't that a funny dream, Jenny? Jenny?

Me: *snores*

I know this doesn't apply to all Sensors...but neither does your assesment of Intuitives.
    That's funny, because your post is too long for me to even read. I have a friend, for example, who accuses me of "holding back", if that says anything. I don't mean to.. It's just not for me. But I do get detail oriented in different ways. I might annoy you still :P

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I don't have too many communication problems.

I can follow a straight line of reason. I can follow a scattered train if thought.
    I can follow direct or indirect. Abstract or concrete.

Most problems arise when people want something different. Most communication problems are emotionaly based and subjective in origin.

So I would say T/F would cause way more problems than N/S , at least for me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

OP: I find this going around in circles trait more common with NP's than NJ's. Probably someone already said that.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That's funny, because your post is too long for me to even read. I have a friend, for example, who accuses me of "holding back", if that says anything. I don't mean to.. It's just not for me. But I do get detail oriented in different ways. I might annoy you still :P
    I'm extremely N but I didn't read it either.

Lack of paragraph markers annoy me greatly. It shows incoherence. If they can't make the effort to communicate and think about the reader, I don't tolerate them just making me a target for the blob they are throwing at the wall. it shows a lack of concern for the reader and maybe even a sense of entitlement and laziness.

It's not just N's; I've had ISFPs (for example) write me sprawling letters like that too, and I just don't bother.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I know I am late to the party but, in this situation, I would most likely make you answer the question but you would have left the conversation thinking I answered it for you. Win/win!