User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
    ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    N-people: Asked what?
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    ME: *turns into the Hulk*
    1. Don't ask an N a question if we annoy you and "never answer it"?

2. If someone asked me this question, I would think it's not up to me to decide such a thing for someone else. I would give the options as I see them, that would be my way of trying to help I guess, by looking at it from different angles. I don't see why that's confusing? I actually find it odd that someone would expect a completely direct, concrete answer to something like that. It's not for someone else to decide, and it doesn't have one answer. Surely it's best to see it from more than one angle?

3. No, I'm not annoyed by other N's (in general) at all.

4. N's make sense to those who understand them.
    OK, we can tend to run off into something that may seems unrelated, but it is related to us. This is what MBTI is all about - we're all different.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

You could ask an S your question next time and avoid frustration I guess?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

You know KarenParker trying to put your responsibility onto your N friend to tell you what you already know sounds to me like insecurity.

While it is fair to say NP's would leave questions open ended, NJ's will be curt.
    This depends on your history with the person.
    Either way you get more responses to this thread so kudos to you.

They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):
    To answer. Yes I answer questions. Yes I can be helpful if I choose to be but I choose to be unhelpful as this bounces the responsibility back to the person asking the question to figure it out.

Nope not annoyed at other N's but there is a limit with some S's, when I want to dive deeper into the psyche and they just want to dwell on the surface my quotient of nourishing food for thought isn't fulfilled. Not that it matters much these days I'm a fluctuating big time myself these days between the two mediums.

Rather how do P's get anything done, is the supercilious question of the 21st century. Quite simply by getting a shovel and scratching that itch every now and again. Its harder than it sounds but given enough focus anything is possible.

As said, to answer a question with another question.

Amused.

Its a riddle that you have to break out in sweat for, try mores code instead or play with TJ friends if your wanting upfront commentary. All this abstract mumbo jumbo is enough to give me constipation.

I seriously doubt it is just iNtuition alone that is causing this much consternation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    You know KarenParker trying to put your responsibility onto your N friend to tell you what you already know sounds to me like insecurity.
    To answer. Yes I answer questions. Yes I can be helpful if I choose to be but I choose to be unhelpful as this bounces the responsibility back to the person asking the question to figure it out.
    True, but we should learn to say so directly, instead of (seemingly) not paying attention. If you look at the example's answers... I would get very annoyed by them, too.
    "Should I do A or B?"
    "You should decide this yourself."
    Simple, isn't it? I don't think Karen is annoyed by those people not deciding for her, but by those people not giving attention to the question.

It's like - I'm asking a serious question, people are joking. I hate that. You can take the question seriously and literally place the responsibility back where it belongs. At least, you show that you care.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post

ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    Is this a question you ask frequently? Was said Intuitive distracted at the time? Has the intuitive in question, given you advice before?
    I really do hope the OP answers me...Although I doubt it. LOL
    See when we ask questions, or make statements that are seemingly unrelated, quite often they are relevant, but we need more info before we give our answers.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'm an N and I wouldn't answer like that. First of all I would find out why you want to quit your old job. Ideas would be spinning in my hear as to why you want a new job (do you hate your old job, more money, better hours, location, etc). I mean this kind of question can have me answer both quit your job now, or wait till you find a new one. I don't like answering questions like this unless I have more information. Do you need the money (meaning can you survive with out a job), are you going to school, how hard is it to find a good job in your city, etc. Your question has very little information and it would kill me to tell you one thing and have it hurt you in the end.

If I had no information at all and you asked me that question, I would say stick with your job till you get a new one. That is a solid answer you would like and I would give you my reasons why I would say that as well.

The thing with intuitives is we often ask "why". You can say is we want to see the bigger picture before we make the detailed decisions, or in this case give you the detailed answer.
    Last edited by Yloh; 01-25-2010 at 07:39 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i would answer too...but i'd first say yes you should and list all the reasons why you should and get you excited about how fantastic it will be...haha

and then tell you why it would also be a good idea not to quit and list all the logical reasons why it really is in your best interest....

and...probably go back and forth a couple times with that...and may convince myself in the process that i should also quit my job and hey!! we could do blah blah blah together and!!!

haha...must be maddening...or very very cool and helpful...either way
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESfP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post

I would have told you something less helpful, "you should do which one feels right to you".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ROFL!

You really want to drive an S postal, don't you?
    Seriously. Don't you people know you're supposed to give a direct answer so we can do the opposite of what you have so carefully considered?
    "Every well-bred petty crook knows -- the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting."
    -Inara Serra

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    True, but we should learn to say so directly, instead of (seemingly) not paying attention. If you look at the example's answers... I would get very annoyed by them, too.
    "Should I do A or B?"
    "You should decide this yourself."
    Simple, isn't it? I don't think Karen is annoyed by those people not deciding for her, but by those people not giving attention to the question.

It's like - I'm asking a serious question, people are joking. I hate that. You can take the question seriously and literally place the responsibility back where it belongs. At least, you show that you care.
    This is true, there is a difference between hearing what someone is saying and listening to what someone is saying and interpreting that accordingly.

eg. my interpretation of the conversation goes as follows, reading between the lines of course this is what KarenParker and N-people really wanted to say to each other.

I want a new job, if I had a knife I'd start stabbing people!

Consider yourself lucky you HAVE a job!

I'm in agony, why the fuck aren't you helping? I'm bleeding here already.

Fuck this shit, just quit your job biatch!

Are you mocking me? Because if you are then you'll just have to die!

YES...yes I am!!!

Fuck you then I'll quit my job!

Ooooh sex, sex. I mean let me help you with that shirt, ahh wait I mean I'll start donating food right away, it'll come in real handy later on if you know what I mean.

She-Ra it is then!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

How is it possible not to know if you should quit your job or wait? How is it possible that somebody else knows better?

(i'm not being serious)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp