MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ask a stupid question...

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I think she's just showing frustration to N's by expressing an example, I don't think she actually wants help right now on her job process. *
    Well she did say that intuitive never answer a question directly, and gave an example, so we're giving examples back that we can/cannot answer directly.

As for how to stand intuitives, it'd be by acknowledging that this world needs both practical reality and abstract possibilities.

Our future is soon enough going to be our present. Our present will soon enough be our past.

If you can value all three conditions of a moment: past, present and future, then you'd find value in needing not only the practical reality of the here-and-now but also what it could be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Standing is actually a fairly coordinated but automatic function of the larger leg, and to some degree the core abdominal and back muscles. It relies on proprioceptive feedback combined with inner ear balance feedback and visual cues to accomplish. Really, there isn't that much of a fundamental difference in the nervous systems of sensors and intuitives. Sensing and intuition are a higher cognitive process than standing. Standing is accomplished in the exact same way by both preferences, although they are likely to be perceiving information in a different way while accomplishing this common but interesting neuromuscular feat.
    It's all about the punctuation: "How can you STAND, intuitives!?"

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Well she did say that intuitive never answer a question directly, and gave an example, so we're giving examples back that we can/cannot answer directly.
    Oh you silly intuitives, tricks are for kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Intuitives need sensors to help lead them through the forest, otherwise they'd keep bumping into trees.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
    ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
    ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
    N-people: Asked what?
    ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
    N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
    ME: *turns into the Hulk*

Now I see lots of people answering the example question about the job and NOT your REAL question - how we can stand intuitives!
    I'll try to answer! (yes I'm an N)

1) I think you're quite right with your observation here - about "not answering the question directly" being an N thing. Our attention is everywhere at the same time. We try to answer by making it abstract and placing it in a broader context.

2) I can see those people thinking: "why should *I* decide what *she* does with her job?". But instead of just saying "I can't give you advice on that," they try to "help" by associating to all sorts of possibilities.

3) Never ask an Intuitive for a decisive answer (especially not an NP!). You won't get "quit now" or "wait". The best you can get is all sorts of possibilities and how they would work out and what consequences they would give... Probably the Intuitive will give even more possibilities. You ask "Should I do A or B?" and our N answers: "You can do A or B or C or D or E".

4) I don't really have problems with Intuitives. Well, I'm very N, mostly I'm the offender on this part. I have problems with keeping things concrete.

5) If I ask advice and I get something like that, I would conclude it means that I should decide myself.

Now, did I answer your question?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's true. Ns are stupid and irritating.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Me thinks us bunch of Ns scared her off...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done?
    Your frustrated ranting hidden behind a handful of questions really makes me want to slap you for an undisclosed time. No offense.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    "Do what you want" is the SP motto.