• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your book collection: a reflection of type?

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
I've read and liked:

fiction
Emily Brontë: Wuthering Heights
Dostoyevski: Crime and Punishment
J. K. Rowling: The Harry Potter series
Tomek Tryzna: Miss Nobody
Arthur Golden: Memoirs of a Geisha
William Gibson: Neuromancer
Alasdair Reynolds: Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days
Louisa May Alcott: Little Women
F. H. Burnett: A Little Princess
A. A. Milne: Winnie the Pooh
Vladimir Nabokov: Lolita
Oscar Wilde: The Picture of Dorian Gray
Pauline Réage: Story of O
C. S. Lewis: The Screwtape Letters
Paulo Coelho: Eleven Minutes

nonfiction
Kierkegaard: Fear and Trembling (philosophy, existentialism, religious)
Nietzsche: Ecce Homo (philosophy, existentialism)
Marya Hornbacher: Madness - A Bipolar Life (autobiography)
Marya Hornbacher: Wasted - A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia (autobiography)
C. S. Lewis: Surprised By Joy (autobiography)
Anders Hallgren: Problem dogs and dog problems (dog training)
Stephen Hawking: A Brief History of Time (cosmos, philosophy)

I'm reading and liking:

fiction
C. S. Lewis: The Narnia series
Charles Dickens: David Copperfield

nonfiction
Malcolm E. Lines: On the Shoulders of Giants (mathematics, science)
The Bible
Juha Pekka Lunkka: Maapallon ilmastohistoria, Engl. "The Climate History of the Earth"
Alasdair MacIntyre: After Virtue (philosophy, ethics)
Kierkegaard: Concluding Unscientific Postscript (philosophy, existentialism, religious)
Viktor E. Frankl: Man's Search for Meaning

I plan to read (soon):
Charlotte Brontë: Jane Eyre
Colleen McCullough: The Thorn Birds
Aimee Liu: Cloud Mountain
Aristotle: Nicomachean Ethics
- more historical fiction!
- something about Mahatma Gandhi
- something about mathematics, cosmology etc
- something about prehistory, evolution, geology etc

I don't own any MBTI books. Everything that I've read about MBTI, I've read on the Internet.

Beyondaurora, you have tons of self-help books! It seems that most of your books are about how to become more in touch with who you are, which is a very typical interest for INFPs, according to many online descriptions of the type.

VagrantFarce: Personality type books, science fiction and fantasy plus some nerdy nonfiction books. Very INTPish. Very T-ish.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Cool website, ok this is just a snippet, it would take me forever to add all the books I've ever read.

shelf1.jpg

shelf2.jpg

The rest so far: nadia e's Shelf - Shelfari

Mostly fantasy.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Gaaah! Looking at these collections reminds me that I'm falling behind in my reading.

It's them damn vidja-games!:azdaja:

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram

Nice, but I can only make out some of the titles. What's there besides Sailing, Roget's Thesaurus, Machiavelli and Blackwater?

And does anyone else think there's a lot of Si in my book collection? Is it INFP-y? Sorry, I'm just curious.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
here is a shelf of mine.. this is just the books of mine that are on the shelf nearest to me... I have a few more shelves, I might have a problem :doh:

bookshelf.jpg

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I've got a handful of Everyman's Library books, i.e. pretty cloth-covered books with gold lettering, cheaper than they look. Oscar Wilde, Tristram Shandy, Arabian Nights, Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Whitman. My books are decorative. I do actually read them, but I always pick the edition with the prettiest cover. Sooo... I'm pretty sure that's INTP fail.

companion.gif

Also this is my bible.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Pretty much engineering books, physics books, travel books(ie. lonely planets and stuff), dictionaries, atlases, and a few classics.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Pretty much engineering books, physics books, travel books(ie. lonely planets and stuff), dictionaries, atlases, and a few classics.

That fits an INTP friend's book collection to a T.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is my leisure reading for the past year and some of this year.
Some of these are series of several books. Net Force, the Belgariad, The Malloreon, The Wheel of Time, The Deverry Cycle, The Tamuli, The Elenium.

attachment.php

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say 80% of my books are fiction -- mostly classics, with some modern. Also, a decent chunk of fantasy and sci-fi books.

For non-fiction, I have nature/bird guides, other bird-related books, several books on Philosophy, a few science-oriented books (Sagan and the like), and a handful of history books.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I keep seeing authors I forgot to add to mine, nevermind, will get round to it eventually.