User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Nice collection! Mas Oyama's book is great. I wish I'd bought when I saw it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

These are some... I'm adding new ones every day as they pop into my mind.
    I've read every day since I was six, and my parents read to me from like age zero.
    Obviously, I won't add a bunch of swedish children's books.
    My first real book that I read myself was The Count of Monte Cristo when I was seven.

Gustaf P's Shelf - Shelfari

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

goog greif, we'd be here all day if you wanted to see my book shelf.... It's full on eclectic... If we go in pods....

Art books, many picture boks, about the artist, or about painting or sketching.

Cooking books, lots of old and new mixed in including the god himself Ramsey, but also some recent includiong, Robuchon, Larousse gastronmiquw and River cottage.

A pod of astrology text books, and other esotiric subject (actually more than one pod).

Poetry, random fiction trash, random fiction classical, conteporary, cult etc

I could go on all day I've got loads of books

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Nice non-fiction section you've got going there! I love the whole Japanese warrior theme -- the duality of strength and destruction (bodybuilding/martial arts) / fragility and preservation (bonsai).
    It's by no means complete. Those are just the ones that stand out in my head.

I figure if you learn to hurt/destroy, you should learn to heal/build, to balance things out. Being able to build/heal is infinitely more useful than just being able to break/destroy things.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I don't include textbooks, mostly cause I never read them straight through. I don't read really much of *any* nonfiction, beyond! It seems like a waste of time, from most of the nonfiction I've read. I'd rather go straight to the correct article/encyclopedia/textbook for the info, rather that plod my way through a bunch of (poorly research) and onesided opinion stuff first.

Anyway, my goodreads covers "read" list (here's it with ratings instead, cause how much the person liked the novel is more informational, I'm guessing). I also have a librarything, but am limited to 200 books, so don't update it much. I've been trying to write reviews of everything I read, but it's hard work trying to pare my thoughts down to logical words.

I guess I mostly read contemporary fiction, lately in particular "international fiction". I don't know. I have an inordinate fondness for the fantasy books I loved as a child. I like to try new genres and hyped things but I often don't find them very satisfying. I enjoy realistic fiction and low fantasy. Humorous touches rather than melodrama. Some graphic novels and manga. A very very occasional nonfiction book about a topic I find fascinating. Never: self-help books, memoirs, religious texts. I'm trying to learn about poetry.

I am often reading several books at once, though don't have much time to indulge while classes are in session:
    Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea by Charles Seife
    Selected Poems by ee cummings (edited by Richard S. Kennedy)
    Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    (and rereading) The Door In The Wall by Marguerite DeAngeli

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't see a strong type correlation. Am I missing something?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Does my shelf relfect my type?

I haven't actually read much in awhile, but I don't think there's much to say about the books I read.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    Does my shelf relfect my type?

you're an ISFJ female (guerrilla marketing), ISTJ male (all the biography books) and an INTJ psychotic socio-path (ayn rand)?????