INFP

The first page.

Biax I's Shelf - Shelfari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I spend a lot of time reading, and I've always felt that if only I could share my book list with people, they would have good insight into my personality.

So, here is my bookshelf! Do you notice some patterns that reflect a certain type?

I invite you to post your own bookshelves for analysis! (The images I used are screen shots taken from Shelfari.)

Seems like a lot of Fi, Ni and Se, and Ne. Some Fe and Te there too. Once again IxFP.

I wish I could post mine, but I have so many books, it would be tiring to put one up, and what you would see is different based on which of my bookshelves you looked at. Maybe when I have more energy.

Edit:OK I did a first pass, I avoided my textbooks for the most part (and they would surpass the number of books I have already). Also, if you notice, I have nearly as many books partially read as I do have books read. I stop reading when something more interesting comes along.

ygolo's Shelf - Shelfari

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, so this is really just a sampling, largely based on memory. A lot of my books are in storage or at my parents' house right now.

Tallulah B's Shelf - Shelfari
    Something Witty

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Seems like a lot of Fi, Ni and Se, and Ne. Some Fe and Te there too. Once again IxFP.

I wish I could post mine, but I have so many books, it would be tiring to put one up, and what you would see is different based on which of my bookshelves you looked at. Maybe when I have more energy.

Yay! Thanks for your analysis. I lay the decision of my type confirmation upon you. You've met me twice AND you know my book collection. "Help me ygolo-kenobi. You're my only hope".

P.S. As for your bookshelf...I've seen it! It is overwhelmingly intimidating in how VERY INTP-ish it is! I wonder if that's how you feel when you look at my bookshelf.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

Nice non-fiction section you've got going there! I love the whole Japanese warrior theme -- the duality of strength and destruction (bodybuilding/martial arts) / fragility and preservation (bonsai).

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

Yay! Thanks for your analysis. I lay the decision of my type confirmation upon you. You've met me twice AND you know my book collection. "Help me ygolo-kenobi. You're my only hope".

P.S. As for your bookshelf...I've seen it! It is overwhelmingly intimidating in how VERY INTP-ish it is! I wonder if that's how you feel when you look at my bookshelf.
    We have many of the same books.

I've added a link to my first pass shelfari bookshelf in my post. It should be a little "softer" than the one you saw in my living room, since the textbooks (for the most part) are not included.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

Edit:OK I did a first pass, I avoided my textbooks for the most part (and they would surpass the number of books I have already). Also, if you notice, I have nearly as many books partially read as I do have books read. I stop reading when something more interesting comes along.

ygolo's Shelf - Shelfari
    Awesome!!! You have an amazing collection. I recognized some of mine in there. I also own "Being Logical" and "Think on These Things"...I've just not gotten around to reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

Orangey -- were you a linguistics major/minor? That's a subject to which I've had no exposure, yet it sounds so interesting to me.

Thanks for posting your list -- I'll be adding a couple books that you have to my "planning to read" list: "Why I'm not a Christian" and the Tori Amos book (or is that a DVD?).

Didn't do my shelf before just commented, so here it is. Or at least a good cross-section to represent it.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This is a really cool idea. I kinda in the process of doing mine from memory.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]