User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Also, I just want to mention that I'm seriously perplexed by how much fiction is in everyone's collections. I feel like I always have to be working on something, hence the out-of-control number of self-help and relationship-improvement books in my collection (as well as the language, crested gecko and craft books). Is there anyone else who relates to this?
    I'm the same. Most of what I read is non-fiction. I'm trying to create a shelfari page from memory, b/c a lot of my books aren't with me right now.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    That fits an INTP friend's book collection to a T.
    I've always liked information and learning more than stories. It's funny, my favourites are probably the reference books. Dictionary, book of mathematical functions, atlases, etc. I get excited that there's a book that goes into insane detail about every chemical element. I'm a nerd . My least liked are crappy novels. I enjoy classics occasionally like Great Gatsby, Great Expectations, etc. but I find it really hard to read random best sellers.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm the same. Most of what I read is non-fiction. I'm trying to create a shelfari page from memory, b/c a lot of my books aren't with me right now.
    Cool! I look forward to seeing it. I did my Shelfari by memory too and was rather pleased to find that I left only a few out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

By author (only those that I have at least 5 of their books)

Level 1 (A-G) : Anne Bishop, Terry Brooks, Steven Brust, David Eddings, Kate Elliott, David Farland, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind

Level 2 (H-L) : Robin Hobb, JV Jones, Robert Jordan, Guy Gavrael Kay, Katherine Kerr, Mercedes Lackey

Level 3 (M-R) : George RR Martin, Anne McCaffrey, LE Modesitt, Melanie Rawn

Level 4 (S-Z) : Michael Stackpole, Margaret Weis/Tracy Hickman, Janny Wurts, Timothy Zahn
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I can't remember all of my books, but I have a shelf of Classics in English translation, Greek and Latin, lots of books about shamanism, mystics, Krishnamurti, et alii. A few classic russian and European novels and plays. several shelves of music and music history. Books about jazz, the realbook, fakebooks, drumming books, orchestration, couterpoint, harmony. Symphonic scores, lots of Russian piano music, Bach, Beethoven, Brahms...Prokofiev. A little poetry that isn't classical. 'On the Road'...I lost many things in the last split with a SO. Other things I can't remember off hand.

Can you tell I'm an infp?

MBTI
    INFP

I have Lao Tzu, Dostoevsky, Orson Scott Card, Frank Herbert, Daphne DuMaurier, Osho, Paulo Coelho..

My books are a representation of what I find important in life.

Osho is for my soul
    Dostoevsky is for my heart
    Lao Tzu is for my mind
    Orson Scott Card is for my spirit
    Frank Herbert is for remaining grounded

Here are just a very few of mine. I have a dozen book shelves, so I just picked a few that I keep by my bedside book shelf.

S's Shelf - Shelfari

I may add more later, if I feel like it.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Also, I just want to mention that I'm seriously perplexed by how much fiction is in everyone's collections. I feel like I always have to be working on something, hence the out-of-control number of self-help and relationship-improvement books in my collection (as well as the language, crested gecko and craft books). Is there anyone else who relates to this?
    Yeah, I rarely read fiction.

I mostly read Psychology, Self-Help, How-to Guides, web articles, magazines, etc--- mostly self-improvement related.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wow. I just joined the site, added some books and already had 2 requests.

Shelf
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

my books are mostly math&physics. right now i'm reading about plasma physics. i have a big collection of ancient chinese and french, also psychology--mainly psychoanalysis and analytical psychology. about 650 books. i had about 3000 but had to move so i sold about 2500 of them. it broke my heart! also boxes of sci-fi. as you can probably guess i spread myself around preety thin.