1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't have any books. I don't like reading because I get distracted too quickly. Okay, I have som books I got from Hungarian acquaintances, but I don't read those books anyway. They don't seem to get that.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Phantonym

Of books that I actually own, 95% are fiction. Mostly classic world literature. The rest are biographies and books on art history and art in general. Listing all of them in the Shelfari thingy would take up too much time and effort, couldn't be bothered at the moment.

All the non-fiction stuff comes from the library and the topics could be about whatever I fancy at any given moment.

Reflection of type? No idea. Couldn't care less. I'm still going to read whatever I like.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I don't have any books. I don't like reading because I get distracted too quickly. Okay, I have som books I got from Hungarian acquaintances, but I don't read those books anyway. They don't seem to get that.
    I empathize. I vary between having no patience to read and... uh... the alternative. But I still can't pay attention to any one text for too long.

People try to lend me fiction books and I feel really bad when I let a copy of their favorite book rot on my shelf and avoid them so I don't have to tell them what I thought. It's best just to let them know you don't have the patience to read in my experience, even if you lose a little esteem in their eyes.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    And does anyone else think there's a lot of Si in my book collection? Is it INFP-y? Sorry, I'm just curious.

Yeah, I would agree that there is a lot of Si-oriented books in your collection. But Si is your tertiary, and our tertiary is how we are child-like and find relief, so to enjoy your collecting and history topics is perfectly in line with your function preferences.

With that said...

I am an INFP, and you probably saw my bookshelf in the OP. History is not something I'm into at all, but very recently (and I'm 26) I've started becoming interested in learning to sew and quilt, as well as archive my family's photographs (also Si-oriented). I don't know how long any of this interest will last though -- I jump from interest to interest nearly as often as I change clothes.

beyondaurora

Also, I just want to mention that I'm seriously perplexed by how much fiction is in everyone's collections. I feel like I always have to be working on something, hence the out-of-control number of self-help and relationship-improvement books in my collection (as well as the language, crested gecko and craft books). Is there anyone else who relates to this?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Also, I just want to mention that I'm seriously perplexed by how much fiction is in everyone's collections. I feel like I always have to be working on something, hence the out-of-control number of self-help and relationship-improvement books in my collection (as well as the language, crested gecko and craft books). Is there anyone else who relates to this?
    Yeah, same, I relate. That's why I don't have much fiction among my books.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a lot more non-fiction on my other shelves... mostly books on economics, food, wine, reference books and political books

The shelf nearest to me happened to be my most heavily fiction shelf... and the most colorful!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I mostly read fiction: classic literature and some literary fiction. I have a lot of art, design, fashion and drawing books - be it history or theory. I have a lot of theology books, and many Bible translations. Of course, I have psychology books, especially typology. I have some language books also, mainly French.

What I don't often read is genre fiction (ie. science-fantasy), self-help books, romance novels, and not many biographies, mysteries, or history books.

Some of my faves on my shelfari (which is far from complete):

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Nonfiction is extremely boring. :P Unless it's something I specifically want to know about.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)