• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your book collection: a reflection of type?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Entered in most of two shelves of the book shelf in the living room (fun stuff). I think it's pretty representative of the eclectic collection of books and things around here:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a recommendation to most people:

Louis L'amour's The Walking Drum.

Image.ashx

If you like medieval adventure stories, philosophy and odd pieces of knowledge this is a great book.
As far as I can tell, being a moderately well-read historian, it's at least pretty historically accurate.
Contains some very good advice to live by, too.
I'd say that the main character, Mathurin Kerbouchard, is an adventurous, funny and incredibly self-confident Ni-dominant ENTP (!?!?!?!?!?!!??).

Either way, it is really freaking awesome. Read it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a few of them. On the fiction side, I generally find an author that I really like and then read ALL of their books. Examples are Dan Brown, Somerset Maugham, Joan Vinge, Lois McMaster Bujold, or Ann Rand.

Capture4.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Last edited:

ygolo

My termites win
I spend a lot of time reading, and I've always felt that if only I could share my book list with people, they would have good insight into my personality.

So, here is my bookshelf! Do you notice some patterns that reflect a certain type?

I invite you to post your own bookshelves for analysis! (The images I used are screen shots taken from Shelfari.)

Seems like a lot of Fi, Ni and Se, and Ne. Some Fe and Te there too. Once again IxFP.

I wish I could post mine, but I have so many books, it would be tiring to put one up, and what you would see is different based on which of my bookshelves you looked at. Maybe when I have more energy.

Edit:OK I did a first pass, I avoided my textbooks for the most part (and they would surpass the number of books I have already). Also, if you notice, I have nearly as many books partially read as I do have books read. I stop reading when something more interesting comes along.

ygolo's Shelf - Shelfari

B

beyondaurora

Seems like a lot of Fi, Ni and Se, and Ne. Some Fe and Te there too. Once again IxFP.

I wish I could post mine, but I have so many books, it would be tiring to put one up, and what you would see is different based on which of my bookshelves you looked at. Maybe when I have more energy.

Yay! Thanks for your analysis. :yes: I lay the decision of my type confirmation upon you. You've met me twice AND you know my book collection. "Help me ygolo-kenobi. You're my only hope". ;)

P.S. As for your bookshelf...I've seen it! It is overwhelmingly intimidating in how VERY INTP-ish it is! I wonder if that's how you feel when you look at my bookshelf. :thinking:

ygolo

My termites win

Yay! Thanks for your analysis. :yes: I lay the decision of my type confirmation upon you. You've met me twice AND you know my book collection. "Help me ygolo-kenobi. You're my only hope". ;)

P.S. As for your bookshelf...I've seen it! It is overwhelmingly intimidating in how VERY INTP-ish it is! I wonder if that's how you feel when you look at my bookshelf. :thinking:

We have many of the same books.

I've added a link to my first pass shelfari bookshelf in my post. It should be a little "softer" than the one you saw in my living room, since the textbooks (for the most part) are not included.

B

beyondaurora

Edit:OK I did a first pass, I avoided my textbooks for the most part (and they would surpass the number of books I have already). Also, if you notice, I have nearly as many books partially read as I do have books read. I stop reading when something more interesting comes along.

ygolo's Shelf - Shelfari

Awesome!!! You have an amazing collection. I recognized some of mine in there. I also own "Being Logical" and "Think on These Things"...I've just not gotten around to reading them. :)

Orangey -- were you a linguistics major/minor? That's a subject to which I've had no exposure, yet it sounds so interesting to me.

Thanks for posting your list -- I'll be adding a couple books that you have to my "planning to read" list: "Why I'm not a Christian" and the Tori Amos book (or is that a DVD?).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Didn't do my shelf before just commented, so here it is. Or at least a good cross-section to represent it.

myshelf.jpg

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a really cool idea. I kinda in the process of doing mine from memory.