User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    STP

Default Ti walls of text

Do any other Ti dominant people have problems with managing a wall of text when explaining their understanding of something?

From the sounds of it some INTPs keep something like a diary that they continously modify, but N is good at grouping things together. As an S I have problems grouping things and it just ends up as a garbled mess that has pieces all over the place and when the moons align correctly somehow they all miraculously line up.

If I could tell you half the crap I jump into knowing...hoping that the moons will align correctly and an answer will appear. If not I tend to wander aimlessly hoping and waiting for them to eventually line up. Recently I have been writing down these wanderings and it pretty much equates to a garbled wall of text like an unfinished project. Somehow I actually manage to use this with some success in this world. How I do this is another garbled wall that needs to be unmangled.

The funny part is that I am really good at untangling ropes, necklaces, etc.
    Im out, its been fun

When I'm typing things out for the first time, they definately get too convoluted and overwritten. Although I'm always re-reading what I wrote, so I tend to correct things as I go. And then I read the whole thing and realise that I've missed out some vital information, and then I add that in and that changes the flow of the sentences next to that one, so I have to change them and oh god fuck this I'm gonna do something else.

Then I calm down, come back to it and do it all over again weeeeeeeeeeee

I also re-edit my posts a lot, after I've posted them

because I'm stupid like that

Hello

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Do any other Ti dominant people have problems with managing a wall of text when explaining their understanding of something?
    A bit problem with N is that it's a web of ideas, while writing is linear in nature. I think ST's do better with writing than NT's, in terms of just DOING it and getting to the end... the medium is more suited to their strengths.

I've been writing since I was 14 or so, so I've had years and years of practice. The first 10-15 years were pretty much as you describe here, it's really hard to know what to cut and what to focus on, since EVERYTHING seems important if the writing is to be exactly right. I had to accept that the format/medium had restrictions on it that I had to accommodate and take advantage of.

I still tend to write in a jumble of brush strokes while keeping things mentally organized nowadays, at least.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A bit problem with N is that it's a web of ideas, while writing is linear in nature. I think ST's do better with writing than NT's, in terms of just DOING it and getting to the end... the medium is more suited to their strengths.

I've been writing since I was 14 or so, so I've had years and years of practice. The first 10-15 years were pretty much as you describe here, it's really hard to know what to cut and what to focus on, since EVERYTHING seems important if the writing is to be exactly right. I had to accept that the format/medium had restrictions on it that I had to accommodate and take advantage of.

I still tend to write in a jumble of brush strokes while keeping things mentally organized nowadays, at least.
    I wish I was more mentally organized. I can do it and get to the end, but when it becomes complicated I tend to leave out so much detail that when I reread it I have to keep adding and adding and adding.

I have actually started writing because I cant organize this all in my head. I have to write it down and keep modifying and piecing together. I dont generally keep my writing either.

To explain how I write I can start 3 paragraphs and get my point across and everytime I reread it I have to clarify and add bits and pieces here and their.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    To explain how I write I can start 3 paragraphs and get my point across and everytime I reread it I have to clarify and add bits and pieces here and their.
    yeah -- I do that all the time too.

I'm surprised more people here haven't bitched about one of my obvious foibles -- namely, editing the same post 5-6x in the first five minutes after I post it.

I read it and see things I missed, or nuances that weren't quite right, or see something that could be clarified/worded better. it's like a big mobile that I am adding, twisting, bobbing, tweaking the parts; the whole point, to balance out what I created...

PS. Uh oh, my little eye spies SW reading this thread. Prepare to be avalanched!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

GUILTY AS CHARGED!

To the ginormous wall of text, esp. when I get more into a discussion, and want to get precisely what I mean across, and my Ne is accounting for all the possible interpretations, and then, explaning those interpretations, in order to narrow it down....it just keeps expanding, and expanding and expanding. <-- I also have issues with run-on sentences. Because to me, everything is tied to that original thought, and I just keep going and going.

I also do the editing after posting. And, it's because it's hard for me to read/correct in the writing-enabled post format, I like to read my post as it'd appear in the thread, and then it's easier for me to read/pick up my mistakes.

Last edited by Qre:us; 01-20-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: edited this....proof

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttext

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttext

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttexttext

^Your wall has cracks.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Talk about rivers of text....

I hope he doesn't have anything ELSE lined up.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Say it with music next time .

I am horribly perfectionistic and pathetic in my way to do a documentary. I have a clear structure for it lined out from the start and work that down trieing to assume every question a person could have who reads that.

Thats prolly the cause they make me write the technical docs at work.

My girl says I have the "red line" attitude, meaning no matter on how many tangents a discussion goes off, I do always present the discussion partner with a map of the discussion so no information gets lost and the red line it follows is visible.

So I am really pathetic when it comes to organisation. A thing I do to is to edit posts many times after posting, especially because its a foreign language.

The thing I totally suck at is telling my thoughts in a short summary to superiors for example or to explain things briefly. If I help my sister with her math homework I go so far off on tangents to explain her what euclid had for breakfast when he thought of his geometry. That's a thing that really sucks, but I learnt to be better at that, cause my job alone demanded it.

What I still really suck at is finding the right words, when they need to be found quick. Sometimes I fail at speaking completly and I have cultivated to say sentences like "let me think about it and I report back to you".

Dunno sucks sometime to be retarded

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H05q1J2w3U"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]