User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Talk about rivers of text....

I hope he doesn't have anything ELSE lined up.
    ELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEEL SEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSE

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    ELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSEEL SEELSEELSEELSEELSEELSE
    Those EELS are something ELSE.

EDIT 1:
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie
    Say it with music next time .
    Wagner works, but anyone who can't carry a tune and chooses a cappella gets the ban stick!

EDIT 2: Still leaves me wondering how we manage to learn how to choose what gets said and what doesn't, as we reduce a 3D/web mental skein into a 2D/flat linear line.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

They got bored with being ELSEs.
    Kind of like ENTP trolls.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    GUILTY AS CHARGED!

To the ginormous wall of text, esp. when I get more into a discussion, and want to get precisely what I mean across, and my Ne is accounting for all the possible interpretations, and then, explaning those interpretations, in order to narrow it down....it just keeps expanding, and expanding and expanding. <-- I also have issues with run-on sentences. Because to me, everything is tied to that original thought, and I just keep going and going.

I also do the editing after posting. And, it's because it's hard for me to read/correct in the writing-enabled post format, I like to read my post as it'd appear in the thread, and then it's easier for me to read/pick up my mistakes.

Not a Ti-dom/aux but I relate to all of the above. Ne madness in my case and wanting to explain everything carefully. I also edit after posting.

I also think writing well, in an organized manner, is a learned skill. I do better with word limits because as far back as I can remember, I would be the last person handing in my exam and would continue writing until the moderator had to leave. I will never be concise without word limits but I am better organized than before. I use outlines now, starting with bullet points, then fill in paragraphs and then rewrite portions for better segues and flow.

MBTI
    ENTP

i don't think i do. i write nonstop til i hit the word quota then rearrange concepts, making paragraphs the main unit. as long as the paragraph is solid (enough), everything else will work itself out.

that's only in theory. in actuality i never even write.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 1104 View Post
    ithat's only in theory. in actuality i never even get around to writing.
    ^^ Ha! Yes, that too!

All those great things we've written in our heads... or vaguely summarized, I guess is the better phrase.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

oh god i've totally noticed this about Ti

Not to rag on it too much, but.. you know.

It often takes a certain amount of simplification and organization to get your point across effectively.

And that's where Te steps in

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Not a Ti-dom/aux but I relate to all of the above. New madness in my case and wanting to explain everything carefully. I also edit after posting.
    There's this, too. If I don't think my thoughts are conveyed correctly, then I'll often edit my posts after the fact.. depending on whether that sort of direct conveyance is necessary.

I've been told that I have a huge need to be understood

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    To explain how I write I can start 3 paragraphs and get my point across and everytime I reread it I have to clarify and add bits and pieces here and their.
    I do this a lot as well. I often revise what I have written several times ... refining and fine tuning it. For longer pieces, I've found that creating a rough outline of what I want to write about helps a bit. I create section titles with small abstracts of what I want those sections to cover. Of course, I refine and fine tune this as well before starting with the actual writing.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post

From the sounds of it some INTPs keep something like a diary that they continously modify, but N is good at grouping things together. As an S I have problems grouping things and it just ends up as a garbled mess that has pieces all over the place and when the moons align correctly somehow they all miraculously line up.

If I could tell you half the crap I jump into knowing...hoping that the moons will align correctly and an answer will appear. If not I tend to wander aimlessly hoping and waiting for them to eventually line up. Recently I have been writing down these wanderings and it pretty much equates to a garbled wall of text like an unfinished project. Somehow I actually manage to use this with some success in this world. How I do this is another garbled wall that needs to be unmangled..
    this is exactly why i think john Locke was ISTP. Try reading him sometime if you haven't, his friggin philosophy works are sooo wandering about verbally. Not aimless overall, they're just difficult to read for that reason- like an owner's manual to political philosophy without an index or any kind of arrangement. but people assume all philosophers must be N doms so no one gave my hypothesis much merit.

as for me, i only go round about when i havent a clear grasp/understanding of the issues/questions at hand. once i do i'm quite coherent, or so i think

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I like to keep my writing brief. Bringing out the ideas in real life on the other hand...