User Tag List

12 Last

Default ENxP Hyperactivity

So I'm in a hyperactive mood and have been since I got out of the world's most boring training day (more details here). You might well cringe at imagining an ENTP in a hyperactive mood, and you're probably right to do so.

And I'm thinking about how my ENFP brother also gets times like this, when he could probably leap St Paul's Cathedral in a single bound, like the now legendary flea.

I've seen ESP's being hyper (I've an ESFP sister), but somehow it's not the same - they're just funny and/or annoying. There's something about ENP's in sugar rush mode that seems to tinge it with a kind of slightly scary edge on top of the usual funny/annoying aspects, like it seems (to the onlooker) just that bit closer to insanity... anyone else notice this? Or am I talking out of my butt just because I'm on overdrive?

I'd love to hear other people's experiences of ENP's when the needle goes off the chart (yeah I know it's usually pretty high anyway), either if you are one or know one. Or if you wanna compare it to other types, that's cool too
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ne is most definitely the classical loon (Jim Carrey-ish) function. I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Ne is most definitely the classical loon (Jim Carrey-ish) function. I know what you mean.
    It's sorta like to me, the difference between ESP and ENP in hyper mode is like between Tigger and Daffy Duck

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

ENTPs seem quite calm to me they just jump all over the place mentally

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    ENTPs seem quite calm to me they just jump all over the place mentally
    Usually yeah, but I'm talking about those times like I got this afternoon, when we go all Daffy Duck

Be interesting to know what triggers it for other people. For me, it's usually when i've felt "contained" for too long. Particularly if I've had to be silent in the company of others for a long time (which for me is more than an hour).

Lecture type situations can trigger it, as can religious services that have minimal participation. Seminars aren't so bad, but can still sometimes have the same effect if I'm too conscious/wary of dominating it and so holding back a lot because of that.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Usually yeah, but I'm talking about those times like I got this afternoon, when we go all Daffy Duck

Be interesting to know what triggers it for other people. For me, it's usually when i've felt "contained" for too long. Particularly if I've had to be silent in the company of others for a long time (which for me is more than an hour).

Lecture type situations can trigger it, as can religious services that have minimal participation. Seminars aren't so bad, but can still sometimes have the same effect if I'm too conscious/wary of dominating it and so holding back a lot because of that.
    I have an ENTP friend who squirms and gets all fidgety just before he makes and observation tells me an idea.

MBTI
    ESTP

I think that hyper ENFPs are creepy. My ENFP friend starts jumping in place and bouncing and doing all sorts of creepy stuff, including half-an-hour laughter episodes (in perfect sobriety).

On the other side, for my ENTP friend, being hyper means waking up before 12 and, occasionally, being on time. Her hyper-ness manifests itself mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by une_autre View Post
    On the other side, for my ENTP friend, being hyper means waking up before 12
    so true!

Soz guys, I wasn't here to nurture the thread, my hyperactivity led me to a pub where loud live music was being played, and I headbanged and jumped around and had to yell at the top of my lungs to just get heard by the barman when ordering another pint, and thus, return satiated and not quite drunk (a hereditary curse: takes quite a few to take effect).

And it could've been so good, too!

All the same, I think 'creepy' is a bit harsh. More of a testament to narrow horizons of the easily creeped out person than anything else

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Most of my energy is mental, and I don't think I've ever been described as hyper by anyone who knows me. Based on what une autre said though, I guess someone out in the world would find me occasionally hyper. I act "childlike" when I get the rare burst of excessive physical energy, and I also get tickled to tears sometimes. Hell yea. Creepy indeed!
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.