User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I pace the room, sometimes bound around, like leaping. I also take a lot of walks, and can go through bursts where I talk a lot and laugh and don't want to shut up...though I'm not nearly as talktative as an ESFP or even an ENFJ. I can get really intense about stuff I'm talking about, and that's what can get "creepy." I dunno - maybe people think my pacing is creepy too, but whatever.

  2. #12
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    You might well cringe at imagining an ENTP in a hyperactive mood, and you're probably right to do so.
    I quoted the title to my husband. His reaction:
    "That's an evidence" - meaning, ENTPs are always hyperactive...
    But to me, that's not true. There's hyperactive and there's exam modus, which is hyper˛active.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  3. #13
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    just remembered...one night in hyper mode i accidentally put an exclamation mark after my username while i was logging on...ha!! ridiculousness...i'm usually pretty calm but sometimes i get in super excited giggly mode...i have no idea what triggers it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #14
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    just remembered...one night in hyper mode i accidentally put an exclamation mark after my username while i was logging on...ha!! ridiculousness...i'm usually pretty calm but sometimes i get in super excited giggly mode...i have no idea what triggers it.
    That's something I'd do.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    People can usually tell when I'm hyperactive, my Ne is going .....any thought thrown at me, I'm reshaping, molding, squeezing, stretching, and volleying it back, in its new-(not necessarily improved) form, back to the other.

    Them:

    And, when their response is even a simple confusion, like above, I'm off, reshaping, molding, squeezing, stretching and volleying back that poor little simple response.

    And, on and on and on....

    And, the other usually tells me.......they're kind of exhausted. Mentally. Trying to keep up.

    Physically, I don't show any real signs of hyperactivity. It's when I'm bouncing around looking for someone to play with me, mentally. And, any scrap I find, I grab on, and, all these volley back to them is done in super-fast speed.

    One of my friends used to say of my mental state during those moments, "...it's like watching a hummingbird on speed!"


  6. #16
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    People can usually tell when I'm hyperactive, my Ne is going .....any thought thrown at me, I'm reshaping, molding, squeezing, stretching, and volleying it back, in its new-(not necessarily improved) form, back to the other.

    Them:

    And, when their response is even a simple confusion, like above, I'm off, reshaping, molding, squeezing, stretching and volleying back that poor little simple response.

    And, on and on and on....

    And, the other usually tells me.......they're kind of exhausted. Mentally. Trying to keep up.

    Physically, I don't show any real signs of hyperactivity. It's when I'm bouncing around looking for someone to play with me, mentally. And, any scrap I find, I grab on, and, all these volley back to them is done in super-fast speed.

    One of my friends used to say of my mental state during those moments, "...it's like watching a hummingbird on speed!"

    I pretty well do the same, start combining things, but mostly physical things (which is probably because I think very visually). I will often just play with things, combining them until they make something cool, artistic or just plain odd. I'm too unco to get physically hyperactive.
    5 3 9

  7. #17
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    That's what I mean, it's more mentally driven than physically, but when the mental energy reaches a certain point, and it's been bottled up for too long, removing the cork can have an overwhelming effect. I release the energy into conversation, but there's so much that it becomes a physical affair too, with the gestures and all that, like Robin Williams on crack
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

  8. #18
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I pace the room, sometimes bound around, like leaping. I also take a lot of walks, and can go through bursts where I talk a lot and laugh and don't want to shut up...though I'm not nearly as talktative as an ESFP or even an ENFJ. I can get really intense about stuff I'm talking about, and that's what can get "creepy." I dunno - maybe people think my pacing is creepy too, but whatever.
    I do all those things, and I'm definitely introverted. When I have sit down and can't frantically bob my legs or tap/play with my hands enough to satisfy the need (e.g. when on the Internet), I'll also rock backwards and forwards like an autistic person, which certainly creeps people out, but I can't help it. I also look and sound very tense or on edge most of the time as if ready to pounce, due to suppressed restlessness. Mine's clinical though, it's worse whenever I'm trying to make my mind follow through with something (which is most of the time), because movement increases levels of dopamine and blood flow in areas of the brain that are crucial for focus and other aspects of executive functioning, so my unconscious urge is to do more of it.

  9. #19
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    My hyperactiveness leads me to goig crazy jumping up and down, talking very loudly and quickly! Its insanely fun! and scary for other people especially when at dinner with a knife in hand making huge hand gestures!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

  10. #20
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I pace the room, sometimes bound around, like leaping. I also take a lot of walks, and can go through bursts where I talk a lot and laugh and don't want to shut up...though I'm not nearly as talktative as an ESFP or even an ENFJ. I can get really intense about stuff I'm talking about, and that's what can get "creepy." I dunno - maybe people think my pacing is creepy too, but whatever.
    Exact same. I'll stay up talking to my sis (INFP) for ages then she goes to bed and I spent hours just pacing the kitchen with the same piece of music going over and over and over just pacing its incredibly peaceful.

    Sometimes like at my grans i'll sit till 5am on piano or guitar just playing the same chords over and over singing everything that comes mind.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Similar Threads

  1. ENxP here.
    By Kl33 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
  2. [MBTItm] ENxP and Lateral Thinking.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
  3. ENXP???
    By Butterfly in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 01:48 PM
  4. Lancet: Additives Can ANY Child Hyperactive
    By heart in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO