• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When is Feeling positive/negative?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My opinion is...

Positive:

1. Express sympathy, agreement, or compassion.

2. Helps others.

3. Creates harmony/security.

4. Accepts others.

Neutral:

1. Protects self.

2. Maintains own happiness/position.

3. Unifies/divides people based on belief.

Negative:

1. Forces others to behave a certain way for fear of judgment/ostracism. (Could be a side effect of Neutral #1 and 2)

2. Causes people to prematurely drop/dismiss issues without being allowed to fully discuss/resolve them. (Could be a side effect of Positive #3)

3. Can be used as a justification for a poor/arbitrary decision.

Do you agree, or do you think that some of them are in the wrong category? Perhaps all are negative or all are positive?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Me like. :nice:

(Sorry, I have no feedback.)

Edit: No T feedback, that is. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously, a negative Feeler is also just going to be emotionally volatile.
I tend to find that the more extreme a person is, the less healthy they are.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to add another negative aspect to feeling:

Often causes them to have strong reactions to obstacles, may waste time having to calm down when using reason could have taken it's place instead (otherwise makes things more complicated).

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I is confused.

Are we talking about a Fe/Fi function?

What the heck is a Fe/Fi function?

When you use feeling as a justification for something, aren't you intellectualizing those emotions and emotional reactions and placing certain value on them? In other words you are using your brain to rationalize something. So in other words it's not really your 'feelings'/feeling function that's the issue, it's your thinking?

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
F:
+ is concerned about others' feelings - sometimes loses oneself obsessing about others' feelings
+ has a strong personal values system -can at times not evolve/improve this values system

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I read the list, and I see a list of actions, not feelings.

cheers,
Ian